Notifications
Clear all

Scar Treatment Progress

MemberMember
(@mk7790nyu-edu)

Posted : 10/01/2021 11:05 pm

Hi all,

I wanted to share my progress and get input on the future directions of this journey. 

So far I™ve had 

Nokor Subcision in SF(Oct 2020)

Nokor Subcision with Juvederm in SF

( Nov 2020)

3X Genius RF in NYC ( May through July 2021) 

The first photo is before any treatment.
Second is after the Subcisions and the last one is 2 months post the last Genius RF. 
Before any treatments

After 2X Subcision

After 3X Genius RF

I am thinking of continuing with more treatments. I™ve been advised to try fractional Co2 but worried about PIH. 

MemberMember
(@kawin-ethayarajhgmail-com)

Posted : 10/01/2021 11:51 pm

Great progress! Which doctor are you seeing in SF?

asheus3 liked
MemberMember
(@mk7790nyu-edu)

Posted : 10/02/2021 12:44 am

I was seeing Dr. Krishnan at Arya Derm before I moved to NYC. Now seeing Dr. Ron Shelton.

MemberMember
(@niketgandhir)

Posted : 10/02/2021 3:43 am

Solid Progress. All the best!

asheus3 and liked
MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 10/02/2021 6:16 pm

considering that you had two subcisions very close to each other (and this is very bad for healing) you got a tremendous results already. Keep it up.

asheus3 liked
MemberMember
(@adermatologist)

Posted : 10/02/2021 8:04 pm

20 hours ago, asheus3 said:

Hi all,

I wanted to share my progress and get input on the future directions of this journey. 

So far I™ve had 

( Nov 2020)

Second is after the Subcisions and the last one is 2 months post the last Genius RF. 
Before any treatments

After 2X Subcision

After 3X Genius RF

I am thinking of continuing with more treatments. I™ve been advised to try fractional Co2 but worried about PIH. 

Hi, I would personally like to recommend what I would do in your case as a start to finish process, please don't expect perfection but in this case approximately 80% is achievable. What I have made below is the ideal process for you if money and time was not an issue change and adapt it according to your constraints and I wish you the very best and your scars do not define you.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

MemberMember
(@mk7790nyu-edu)

Posted : 10/03/2021 12:23 am

4 hours ago, aDermatologist said:

Hi, I would personally like to recommend what I would do in your case as a start to finish process, please don't expect perfection but in this case approximately 80% is achievable. What I have made below is the ideal process for you if money and time was not an issue change and adapt it according to your constraints and I wish you the very best and your scars do not define you.

0001.jpg

0002.jpg

Thanks for sharing your recommendation. This seems too excessive for me but could work great. So fractional CO2 can be done alongside subcision? Also, I heard that regular fractional lasers thin the skin and may cause PIH in my skin type. I am not convinced that RF micro needling is aggressive enough for my deep scars. Great for texture/tightness though. 

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 10/03/2021 5:46 am

On 10/2/2021 at 5:05 AM, asheus3 said:

Hi all,

So far I™ve had 

( Nov 2020)

Before any treatments

After 2X Subcision

After 3X Genius RF

Personally for you, I would say that the 6 months of pih is worth the improvement in scars and if it bothers you that much you can get a laser like vbeam to reduce it

MemberMember
(@mk7790nyu-edu)

Posted : 10/03/2021 9:42 pm

Makes sense. I am debating who I should approach for subcision in NYC. Anyone have any recs?

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-deargmail-com)

Posted : 10/04/2021 8:42 am

10 hours ago, asheus3 said:

Makes sense. I am debating who I should approach for subcision in NYC. Anyone have any recs?

I really would recommend looking into tca paint and co2 fractional as this should give you the greatest amount of improvement for your money