Notifications
Clear all

Warnings about Dr. Hazany

MemberMember
(@dustin_1596yahoo-com)

Posted : 09/22/2021 9:39 pm

I wanted to share details about my experience going through part of Dr. Hazany' process and ultimately cancelling. My main reason for cancelling at the time was the price.However, after I made that decisions certain red flags about him and his practice started to show, as long as making my previous experiences feel a little sketchy.

TLDR

• Recommends Ivermectin (horse dewormer) as a Covid-19 treatment
  • Doesn't hire any certified medical staff from what I've seen (no nurses just pre med or med students)
  • Subcision ranges from $2.5- 10k. can't give a definite quote until they actually do the subcision
  • Goes back on their word, did not give refund for cancelled appointment

Initial Experiences Over Phone and In Person

I contacted his office to get a quote, was told that the way they do it is 3 phases. 1. A chemical peel to "prep the skin for treatment" that cost $350. This $350 would come from the deposit to reserve an appointment. Phase one also includes a test spot of the phenol cross, which is them putting the phenol in a couple scars to see how your skin reacts to it. This costs $600.Phase 2 consists of phenol on the entire face. Phase 3 is the subcision with possible filler. When I spoke over the phone, twice before going in, I was told the cost was (I forget the exact numbers) $600 per area per phase. However, when I went to my appointment I learned that subcision could range from $2,500 to $10,000,and they could not give me a more accurate quote until they actually performed the subcision. Filler would be extra cost.

His did not seem to have any nurses as assistants, just medical students or people preparing for medical school. Compare this to Dr. Rullan's office who was full of nurses. I dont have experience with other places. When I first meet Hazany he starts trying to appeal to my insecurities about acne, making this really serious speech about it affecting my life and how my life's gonna drastically change. My scarring ain't that bad and yea i'm self conscious but I definitely felt like he was being VERY extra.

Weird Behaviors Post Cancelling Further Treatment

So I call them up to cancel, I'm told a cream I purchased from them was refundable as long as I brought it back. Then Dr. Hazany himself calls me and he keeps talking about how it will take a long time for the refund to show up back on my card, if I can just come in and get a check. He really tried a lot to get me to come in person. I declined and was told the refund would take about 30 days. A few days later I get a call from an assistant saying that the cream actually is not refundable. Fast forward to after 30 days when my refund should have appeared. I received no refundso I issue a chargeback with my credit card company. About a week later I get a call from the Dr. saying some stuff about the refund not going out for some reason, it honestly made no sense to me and I didn't really care to here it. I only picked up because it was a private number (first time they've called from a private number). He says my refund will come, and I'm like okay. Then I get a text from an assistant saying because I issued a chargeback my refund will have a "dispute fee", and if I want my full refund I need to cancel my dispute.

When I first called to cancel any further appointments, Dr. Hazany mentioned that he was soon to no longer be accepting new patients at that practice, that he was opening a new one where he won't be doing the treatments but other's will, but its his practice. IDK it sounded really weird to me.

The Kicker, what made it all make sense

During one of the last phone calls with Hazany, I mention that I had covid recently. His literal words were: "Ivermectin will help with that. As well as regeneron".I legit thought he was joking but he was dead serious.

That's my story. Thanks for reading.

Ishayat liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/22/2021 10:59 pm

Ridiculous. First class money grabbing scammer. Well done to you for seeing through him, not everybody does.Yeah some physicianslove to tell you they know how scars impact your life and then charge you by the thousands. How much did you pay for the deposit?

MemberMember
(@dustin_1596yahoo-com)

Posted : 09/22/2021 11:30 pm

29 minutes ago, mysharon said:

Ridiculous. First class money grabbing scammer. Well done to you for seeing through him, not everybody does.Yeah some physicianslove to tell you they know how scars impact your life and then charge you by the thousands. How much did you pay for the deposit?

$350 for the deposit, then there is a deposit for each following appointmentI did some phase 1 so Ispent nearly $1000 unfortunately. Still better than going through with it

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/22/2021 11:34 pm

3 minutes ago, stormtrooper said:

$350 for the deposit, then there is a deposit for each following appointmentI did some phase 1 so Ispent nearly $1000 unfortunately. Still better than going through with it

Absolutely. I bet Dr hazany has a marketing team behind him who advise him on best ways to attract 'customers'. This lack of transparency regarding treatments and prices is ridiculous.

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 09/23/2021 6:12 am

Yeah I know someone who got subcision and sculptra cost them about $8000. Ridiculous

Just now, Acnescarssuck123 said:

Yeah I know someone who got subcision and sculptra cost them about $8000. Ridiculous

Also the guy who praised him in a recent forum for giving 90% improvement also praised Rullan the same way a few years back because he probably still had swelling from the procedure. At least with Rullan his prices are pretty fair.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/23/2021 9:01 am

Thank u for sharing ur story with comunity , Those prices are absolutly insane

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 09/23/2021 12:13 pm

Thanks for your providing these details of your visit! We discussed his outrageous prices in a different post before. It's really stupid to think about how much he charges compared to other doctors who may have more experience..... skill level is debatable.

Unless your bank account is completely full, it's hard to justify paying this price for an uncertain outcome.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/23/2021 5:06 pm

MemberMember
(@scarwarrior)

Posted : 09/25/2021 2:37 am

Dr Rullanis hands down the biggestcontributorto acnescar treatment in the United States in our modern day. I hate to see his name get dragged with these remarks.He inventedsubcision for acne scar,phenol cross and reverse chemabrassion. With these treatments, you can resolve 80-90% of your scars which no other doctor before him couldaccomplish - especially with such commonly available tools. He has been doing this longer than any other doctors and we shouldbe grateful to him for his contributions.Yes, it will take $15K to $20K for everything if your case is severe,but that is a drop in the bucket for anyone severely affected by acne scars when you measure the quality of life improvement over your lifetime. Lets be real. The man deservesit fairly for everything he hascontributed tothis field. I personally want to see him retire very happily after 5 decades of hard work treating scars.

Dr Hazany is also top ofhis field.Dont go to this doctor if you cant afford it.Period. This should be your message minus the emotional response.

For someone making $1M or more a year, this is a drop to in the bucket (1 in 1000 people) worldwide but 1 in 100in his neighborhood. Personally, as part of that income bracket, Iwould gladly pay $5K for a subcision with him than $500 for a mediocre doctor. He knows exactly where to cut and how to cut.That mastery was not achievedcheaply. A few millimeters makes a world of difference and the true masters make it look easy.

Respectthe craft and the process.Excellence costs money. He only appealsto the top 0.1% of earners who demand that level of excellence. There are other doctors who offer a lower rate and provide a lower standard of service. You are welcome to use those options, but do not talk poorly of a man who has worked magic on so many patients.

He is also correct about ivermectin. Look at the studies from India and how they have almost obliterated their pandemic with less than 15%vaccination rates. Dont believe the mainstream story heavily financed bythe large pharmaceuticalcorporation(s). Look at the actual science and how the narrative is now finally switching even at the WHO. He gave you legitimately good advice.

Dont trash his reputation because you cant afford his services.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/25/2021 2:50 am

12 minutes ago, ScarWarrior said:

Dr Rullanis hands down the biggestcontributorto acnescar treatment in the United States in our modern day. I hate to see his name get dragged with these remarks.He inventedsubcision for acne scar,phenol cross and reverse chemabrassion. With these treatments, you can resolve 80-90% of your scars which no other doctor before him couldaccomplish - especially with such commonly available tools. He has been doing this longer than any other doctors and we shouldbe grateful to him for his contributions.Yes, it will take $15K to $20K for everything if your case is severe,but that is a drop in the bucket for anyone severely affected by acne scars when you measure the quality of life improvement over your lifetime. Lets be real. The man deservesit fairly for everything he hascontributed tothis field. I personally want to see him retire very happily after 5 decades of hard work treating scars.

Dr Hazany is also top ofhis field.Dont go to this doctor if you cant afford it.Period. This should be your message minus the emotional response.

For someone making $1M or more a year, this is a drop to in the bucket (1 in 1000 people) worldwide but 1 in 100in his neighborhood. Personally, as part of that income bracket, Iwould gladly pay $5K for a subcision with him than $500 for a mediocre doctor. He knows exactly where to cut and how to cut.That mastery was not achievedcheaply. A few millimeters makes a world of difference and the true masters make it look easy.

Respectthe craft and the process.Excellence costs money. He only appealsto the top 0.1% of earners who demand that level of excellence. There are other doctors who offer a lower rate and provide a lower standard of service. You are welcome to use those options, but do not talk poorly of a man who has worked magic on so many patients.

He is also correct about ivermectin. Look at the studies from India and how they have almost obliterated their pandemic with less than 15%vaccination rates. Dont believe the mainstream story heavily financed bythe large pharmaceuticalcorporation(s). Look at the actual science and how the narrative is now finally switching even at the WHO. He gave you legitimately good advice.

This is comedy gold

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 09/25/2021 3:26 am

47 minutes ago, ScarWarrior said:

I would take u or Dr Hazany seriously if there were reviews of real people with good results from his treatments but there aren't any trustworthy reviews, are there?

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/25/2021 7:25 pm

Iker99 and Miro liked
MemberMember
(@ikermourinho99gmail-com)

Posted : 09/26/2021 1:03 am

5 hours ago, harmlessboy1441 said:

I think acne scar treatment is basically a dr trying to pick the right treatment for someone but also one that works well. I think the hardest part of all of this is that treatments work so differently for different people it may be the fat loss, where it's lost, the layer damage, the type of scars, the age, healing factor, it could be endless things. So I don't think any good or bad doctor will have books and books of success stories because half of people won't give out pics, the other half will be hit or miss. Case in point Dermabrasion worked amazingly for me and everything since then failed terribly. It's SO hit or miss. It's gambling. There's 1/2 science, half luck involved or something.

Whether Dr. Hazany is great or not, I have no idea. I would be highly skeptical of suggestions as I took the "microneedling" hype in 2016 and it butchered my face when it was the next big thing on here. So when I see trends I'd suggest people wait, see, not jump on the bandwagon, not overhype it.

Given the bizarre red flags from fee cost, to procedures in paying, to refund problems, to dramatizing the absolute results like a salesman selling a car, to ivermectin (great or not it's not formally approved for covid so doctors should not play games until feds approve)... I would be wary.

For me, I think great doctors and dermatologists should really get together and form a institute solely for acne scarring and repairing skin layers and testing true new treatments. Right now we have a bunch of botox injecting salesmen mostly either rejecting patients, not knowing what they are doing, or doing an okay job but just not enough experience or knowledge to correct things. Don't get me wrong, some hope is better than no hope, but it's woefully insufficient and depressing as-is. Maybe in 50 years... sad. Hopefully by then all skin layers will be able to be cloned or corrected by AI.

I agree. I dont believe all this miracle drs that will make your scars disappear or will give you 80% improvement, the more you pay the better yes ?Nowadays medicine, when it comes to treating all these skin issues is medievel. All those treatments will give something like 25-50% improvement ( if you get 50% you may call yourself happy ) and come with potential side effects that can ruin your skin forever. Some people i see here on forum had 10-20 treatments and improvement is bout 30%, some people have new scars and issues that are permanent. So no Dr. Hazany will tell me that if i pay for his treatments small fortune that i will see better results, thats nonsense.

Look people, im over 50 , i have acne scars, but also issueson skin that come with age, they dont bother me that much but when i had all that treatments for acne scars, drs told me , look lets solve those too . Why not. I have f.e. spider veins on nose, men usually have those as they get older. I had 3 PDLs treatment, 2 YAG , PDLs didnt work, improvement was maybe 10%, Yag gave me maybe another 20% and i have 2 enlarged pores thanks to that second Yag. 30 % improvement and 2 new ( small ) issues. They cant even remove spider veins for f... sake and u expect them to treatacne scars and give u 70% improvement ? .

Also I have redness , some pigment, again it doesnt bother me that much , it comes with age , its normal. They used IPL, OPL, non ablative fractional , maybe 30 % improvement. How can they remove scars ? Scarring is far more challenging condition.

If you check all those instagrams, where drs show their results. Im not gonna talk here about changing light and angle all the time, but look at the results not only acne scars, but also rosea, big birth marks, redness, big pigment problems, the best you ll see is something around 50% , and drs put their best work on IG. From time to time you see some great improv , but its very rare and remeber lot of people report side effects, i read online few people reported problems from nonablative fractional laser, this is insane, you would say this must be safe and easy treatment.

My point is , find a good dr , that treats acne scars every week and that you can trust, dont let yourself be robbed by someone who is asking 10 000 USD for subcision, cause there are better drs out there that can perform this for few hundred and maybe with better results.Dont expect too much from these treatments or you wil be disappointed. If you have problems like scarsthat bother you try few treatments within lets say 2-4 years and move on, life is not fair, at some point you have to realise it is what it is. Otherwise you spent your whole life in front of mirror and paying great drs for their mansions and holidays , with minimal improvement.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/26/2021 11:00 am

37 minutes ago, Danny562 said:

These were the results I was able to achieve after visiting him. My treatment isn't completed. I will be returning for touch ups.

20210125_213010.jpg.839fdafbd6a284259495728f62992084.jpg.495dc8b307c478ee9a880ac39969de1f.jpg.4f4ef631d1b5fd5169d5b59ec8420425.jpg

20210926_070722.jpg

What treatments u had and when ?

How bout this improvement ?

11644BEE-0D0C-4E1B-B3CB-90A0BC209712.png

42E1F1CE-F727-4A0E-980F-C9C9FD373BF1.png

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/26/2021 11:51 am

You liked
MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/27/2021 6:56 pm

MemberMember
(@guessst)

Posted : 09/27/2021 7:22 pm

On 9/22/2021 at 7:39 PM, stormtrooper said:

Recommends Ivermectin (horse dewormer) as a Covid-19 treatment

Single digit iq detected

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/28/2021 7:44 pm

MemberMember
(@downinthedms)

Posted : 10/26/2021 8:59 pm

Lol new account with 2 posts creates a thread trashing Hazany, then a Guest account comes in to continue the conversation. I mean at this point, its just obvious that some doc is hiring people to write these posts. Whoever you are Doc, try harder to fakesome legitimacy at least!

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 10/27/2021 7:52 am

10 hours ago, downinthedms said:

Lol new account with 2 posts creates a thread trashing Hazany, then a Guest account comes in to continue the conversation. I mean at this point, its just obvious that some doc is hiring people to write these posts. Whoever you are Doc, try harder to fakesome legitimacy at least!

The question is , are Those prices he charges Real ?

MemberMember

Posted : 10/27/2021 8:08 am

15 minutes ago, Miro said:

The question is , are Those prices he charges Real ?

Very real. The results Im not 100% sure of though lol.

MemberMember
(@downinthedms)

Posted : 10/27/2021 9:29 pm

The prices are in the 1000s of $ but his results are real! I don't understand why anyone thinks that a doc based out of the most expensive part of Beverly Hills would charge any less? There are other docs in the same area charging the same for much dumber shit. You shouldn't be going to this doc if don't have cash to spare obviously.... but usually you get what you pay for in my experience so it might be worth saving up for him rather than trying to go with a cheaper option because his skills warrantit.

MemberMember

Posted : 10/27/2021 9:50 pm

19 minutes ago, downinthedms said:

The prices are in the 1000s of $ but his results are real! I don't understand why anyone thinks that a doc based out of the most expensive part of Beverly Hills would charge any less? There are other docs in the same area charging the same for much dumber shit. You shouldn't be going to this doc if don't have cash to spare obviously.... but usually you get what you pay for in my experience so it might be worth saving up for him rather than trying to go with a cheaper option because his skills warrantit.

Dont get me wrong if I was even 75% sure Id get moderate improvement Id visit him in a heartbeat. But Ive talked to a few people who went to him and didnt get much results. But I will add that those people also said they have had multiple treatments done by different doctors and hazany was the only doctor that gave them some improvement even if it was just a slight improvement.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 10/28/2021 11:26 pm

On 10/28/2021 at 4:29 AM, downinthedms said:

His prices are day light robbery

MemberMember
(@misscamay2005)

Posted : 11/03/2021 7:13 pm

deleted/moved