Notifications
Clear all

Subcision + Belotero filler

MemberMember
(@mahzakhergmail-com)

Posted : 09/16/2021 2:31 pm

I am 19 and I think have grade 3 acne scars that are 1-3 years old on parts of my cheek that have ruined my self esteem (picture below). Yesterday I had subcision + belotero filler. Do you believe that if I see promising results I should do several rounds of subcision and filler or shall I try C02 laser resurfacing? Is it true that I will see better results because I am younger and scars are not very old? I am aware that there is no acne scar cure and if I am lucky I could see 10 to 20% improvement but just want to try to take the best approach possible.C5C9ADC8-84CA-4743-994C-BC4B3EDAD0A3.jpeg.c827682fd71bc11de80bdedc27847a1f.jpeg

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/17/2021 3:13 am

12 hours ago, Tia1232 said:

Is it true that I will see better results because I am younger and scars are not very old?

Absolutely.

Is this a pre-treatment photo?

Yeah I would stick tosubcision for now. As you are very young youwill have a good collagen growth from subcision alone. Live healthy lifestyle, drink lots of water, use sunscreen (!).

Your scars are minimal, dont worry about them. You are beautiful, tbh.

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 09/17/2021 4:52 am

Hey, I had minimal results after a lot of treatments until I read a thread from the user "PivotalAnime". Now I use hydrocolloid dressings every night and it made a big difference. I advised the user "MarialS" to use them too and she wrote that it worked somehow. The ones I buy cost 2,95/package. I think it's worth a try.

MemberMember
(@candy-says)

Posted : 09/17/2021 5:10 am

18 minutes ago, SalientDouble said:

Now I use hydrocolloid dressings every night and it made a big difference.

how this can help atrophic scarring?

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 09/17/2021 9:05 am

Hey, I cannot explain as I'm no doctor.

P.s. I think it's a very good aftercare when you have got a treatment like described above. You have to experiment a little bit. Please read the thread of PivotalAnime.

MemberMember
(@mahzakhergmail-com)

Posted : 09/17/2021 1:59 pm

10 hours ago, Candy Says said:

Absolutely.

Is this a pre-treatment photo?

Yeah I would stick tosubcision for now. As you are very young youwill have a good collagen growth from subcision alone. Live healthy lifestyle, drink lots of water, use sunscreen (!).

Your scars are minimal, dont worry about them. You are beautiful, tbh.

Yes it is. Thank you so much. I hope to see improvement.

MemberMember
(@mahzakhergmail-com)

Posted : 09/20/2021 9:07 pm

On 9/17/2021 at 5:52 AM, SalientDouble said:

Hey, I had minimal results after a lot of treatments until I read a thread from the user "PivotalAnime". Now I use hydrocolloid dressings every night and it made a big difference. I advised the user "MarialS" to use them too and she wrote that it worked somehow. The ones I buy cost 2,95/package. I think it's worth a try.

Thanks, will check it out

MemberMember
(@scarwarrior)

Posted : 09/25/2021 3:02 am

I am shocked peopleforget that most of these acne scar treatments are essentially inflicting a controlledwound.

Without adequate topical care (vitamins C + E + A + Copper) and occlusive environment (hydrocolloidal or regular dressing with a ointment) you will not heal optimally.

You can cut your required treatments in half by taking care of your wound healing and using occlusive dressing along with topicals.