Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
janeir36

I can't believe how easy the Regimen is!!!

When I first started the regimen, I lived, breathed and well... lived The Regimen. Watching videos, thinking of new products to try, buying products........ waiting for the gel to absorb putting on more stuff, looking in the mirror all the time.....

But OMG, recently not only am I 100% clear, I realized that the regimen actually works better for me if I do it once a day! That's right, one time in the morning, and I'm done. It's almost shocking how little I have to think of my face now!

I discovered that once a day worked better because two pimples were on my cheek and wouldn't clear off for a week. I got discouraged to do the nighttime treatment but then I'd wake up in the morning and the pimples would be substancially smaller. I continued this for a couple days and they were completely gone!

For the firsttime recently, I've also been able to consume peanuts and butter / spread without breaking out right away afterwards!

And ALL I have to do is dedicate about 20 extra minutes in the morning, with only about 10 spent actively putting stuff into my skin (the rest is spent waiting in btw steps).

OMG, I could go on and on. Because I figured out it works better done only once a day (for me, anyway), my expenditure will be cut in half! The BP gel will now last six weeks and the moisturizer will last four months. My cleanser will also be doing the long haul, I'm so excited! I've also realized that my outer cheek areas don't seem to break out. At all. No past spots, either. I may consider not putting BP on there again..... saving even more BP gel!

Come on, ya'll. Just stick this thing out. If you find a combination that works for you, it just might be the easiest, most effective thing you ever did to manage your acne!!!!! eusa_dance.giflol.gif

how long have you been having success using the regimen just once a day?

is this a recent developement?

please keep us posted on if this continues to keep you clear.

i know that i would be interested in trying it out, if i was convinced it was more than just a coincidence.

good luck to you. congrats on getting clear.

(and just out of curiosity, what was your skin like before/how long have you been having trouble with acne?)

It was a recent development. I've been doing this maybe for two weeks. It's a small challenge in itself, if you will believe it! Sometimes at night my face feels all gummy just from hanging around all day or maybe hugging people or whatever, and I definitely feel like washing. But then I remember I haven't had ANY new breakouts since I started doing this and just stop! So yes, I'll have to say something if I keep getting results like this for something like two or more months!!!

My face currently tells the tale of all my past acne (bad for the past six years). I still have scars all over but hopefully they should be gone in another year.......... or five. Whatever. I just feel SOOOOOOO much better without the active acne! smile.gif And how little makeup I need to cover up now that I'm only covering scars and not pimples.

I'd have to say my acne could be moderate to a little worse. The "Acne cure" worked for about a year for me, but then wouldn't clear up some stuff on my cheeks. That's when I switched to the Regimen and here I am.

If you do what I did and it's working for you, you should see results within the first night or two. If not, I'd probably just go back to the regular regimen. And if it makes any difference, I use Clean & Clear morning burst face wash and anywhere from 8 - 15 pumps of Eucerin skin renewal + SPF 15 in the morning.

PS: I do wash makeup off my face right away, and I only wear it once a week. I probably couldn't do it this way if I wore makeup on a daily basis.

I'm glad the regimen is working for you! eusa_clap.gif I am doing the regimen now myself (a little over a week now) and I really like it, but I find it so time consuming! But at least I found something that seems to be working so I'm sticking to it regardless.

Guest Keeley

hi janeir36, I'm really glad to hear that you method of the regimen has worked for you, you know funnily enough your situation sounds incredibly similar to mine but its just that i use bp at night instead of the morning (otherwise i find that my face could run the risk of looking weird as i wear makeup, to hide the little red marks). like you said, i hope people try your version out as it also means less exessive drying of the skin by the bp!

keeley eusa_angel.gif

Quick update: Face. Smooth. Baby's. Butt...lol Yeah my face is smooth as a baby's butt!!! or not quite: It seems a cyst was forming but that poor thing got smaller and smaller everyday and looks like a little zit that's still sitting below the surface! lol.gif

I've also thrown Neutrogena's Advance solutions facial peel into the mix, and will know in about 6 - 10 weeks whether it's helpful for my scars. But at least, for now, it's not breaking me out, and that's MUCH more than I can say for most "age reversal" products!

Quick update: Face.  Smooth.  Baby's.  Butt...lol  Yeah my face is smooth as a baby's butt!!!  or not quite:  It seems a cyst was forming but that poor thing got smaller and smaller everyday and looks like a little zit that's still sitting below the surface! lol.gif

I've also thrown Neutrogena's Advance solutions facial peel into the mix, and will know in about 6 - 10 weeks whether it's helpful for my scars.  But at least, for now, it's not breaking me out, and that's MUCH more than I can say for most "age reversal" products!

$18 in walmart, some people talk about $5 coupons and from that it's $13. If you really really really want to try it, call Neutrogena (check their website or any of their products for a number) and ask them about some FULL SIZE samples they are putting in the mail. They're probably sending those to targetted customers, but maybe you can persuade them to sed you one razz.gif

One thing I really like about this product, is that the consistency is almost exactly like BP Gel! And you apply it pretty much the same way (wash face, wait for it to dry, apply the peel... there's some other stuff to do after that like wait 7 - 10 mins, then apply just a little water and "scrub" your skin, then rinse off, then moisturize). However, the scent is nothing like the odorless BP gel! It has a very strong scent which some people actually find repulsing. Personally I think it smells okay.

I use the product twice a week at night, and especially since I'm doing nothing to my face at nights, anyway, it fits right in. Also they say the peel might make your face more sensitive to sun, so I think the overnight rest is also good for my skin!

In all this, I'm still not recommending the product. Like I said, you'd need to use it for at least a couple months to really know if it helps fade scars. But it did make my skin softer and smoother immediately, and I could swear my BP gel is absorbing faster since I started using it!