Notifications
Clear all

For me if treatment isnt resurfacing its waste of time.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/31/2021 5:06 pm

1 hour ago, can i get a new life please said:

Without resurfacing treatments like dermabrasion or co2 you cant be happy with results. So in my opinion biggest improvement will came from Dermabrasion if everything goes well.

I think with dermabrasion risks are not greater than high setting co2 lasers also results will be more satisfying cause its done by manually.

I agree to a degree but please dont everyone take this information and run this is entirely dependant on your scar type. If you have tethered, rolling and or deep icepicks this is not the way for you but if you have shallow boxcars and textural scarring this really is the best option for you.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/31/2021 5:07 pm

Use full ablative laser if possible. Dermabrasion is controlled purely by mankind, and it won't work if the depth is too shallow and will introduce more scars if it went too deep.

The laser is controlled by the computer and the depth is fixed, therefore the outcome is more predicable comparing to dermabrasion.

MemberMember
(@isaac-j-dear)

Posted : 08/31/2021 5:46 pm

38 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Use full ablative laser if possible. Dermabrasion is controlled purely by mankind, and it won't work if the depth is too shallow and will introduce more scars if it went too deep.

The laser is controlled by the computer and the depth is fixed, therefore the outcome is more predicable comparing to dermabrasion.

Completely agree, I would rather put my skin in the hands of a computer with a predetermined depth than a dermatologist that ive met for an hour

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 09/01/2021 10:43 am

Resurfacing doesn't work if your scars are deep. The only thing that works in that case is surgery. I never had any significant results from any procedure that wasn't surgical, and I have done a lot of them. Had dermabrasion under general anesthesia. No results.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 09/01/2021 11:40 am

No way you can sand the healthy skin all the way to abnormal skin. Doesnt make sense.that is why is is better for scars closer to healthy skin. Scar revision comes first I.e lifting, excisingand then doing dermabrasion, co2 full ablative or erbium.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/01/2021 6:34 pm

You liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 09/03/2021 1:57 am

On 9/1/2021 at 6:34 PM, harmlessboy1441 said:

For me, and I would NEVER lie on the board there's enough exaggeration over the last 10 years of my reading, I can attest it improved my scars at least 75-88%. I had aggressive dermabrasion and my skin was pink for 2-3 months, red for 8-10 months. I remember it took a year to totally fade.

The side effects are some very "underneath" or only see in weird lighting pigment changes. Hard to describe. In bright sun I see some whitish tint, but you can't see anything in other light. It's also a bit itchy and environmental still affects but it's so much better than full scars. Also for whatever reason, it seems the improvement can fade a bit if you mess with it with other treatments or like certain acidic lotions. I noticed 20% fade from 2 small TCA cross + microneedling. I guess it's "sensitive" for life.

I would say to people dermabrasion was not perfect and has some slight side effects but given the opportunity.I would do it again in 10 heartbeats.

BUT BUT BUT I had "shallow" icepick scars, just tons of them. So deep scars I really have no clue how dermabrasion would do. Meaning, maybe my success is based on how it "got to" the bottom of all of them.

Right now I'm looking at fat transfer for a botched excision from 2010 and am a little afraid of any negatives, and also a laser since the 20% fade from my dermabrasion results. But laser is so badly reviewed i'm scared of reversing anymore.

Anyone with nothing to lose, look into Dermabrasion and go fully aggressive. Back when I got it I had little to nothing to lose. I'd rather any outcome than what I had.

Yup as long as there is more to gain than to loose we are fine.

MemberMember
(@harmlessboy1441)

Posted : 09/03/2021 5:15 am

You liked