Notifications
Clear all

Should've started earlier...

MemberMember
(@bautista-josephredgmail-com)

Posted : 08/29/2021 1:14 am

If you are reading this, don't lose hope. I think this is going to help you. (I'm from the Philippines btw)

I'm 28 right now, and have had to fight acne for 8 years.

Age 20-24:

*College days, stress at peak levels, all that stuff. Boom, 1 pimple appeared, tried to pop it. The next day, it came with reinforcements. And another one. Time for some face wash. Yep it feels good, and clean. I want that squeaky clean. A few days passed, nothing's working. *Keeps popping* Now it's bad. Almost both of my cheeks are full of these pesky bumps. Time to seek for professional help. Hey it's working, but it keeps coming back. *Keeps on jumping from one professional to another*

Age 25-27

Been like the above for maybe 4 yrs. Then I tried natural remedies, not good. Tried water only, it was bad for me. Tried oil based, doesn't really help much. Now working, so I tried for another professional help, you know, those dermatologists who empty our wallets. Tried to stick to this one because this was my last try to seek help from them. So there, seemed good at first, but I can't really see a light at the end of this tunnel. She prescribed me some antibiotics, the strong ones. One week and no more pimples forming. But after that, pimples keep coming back. So I came to the conclusion that all the face wash and weekly appointments I got from them really never made progress. It was like a band-aid for something that needs to be cured. I stopped. **Antibiotics are bad for pimples, don't go this route when you have acne

Age 28:

Basically tried everything at this point. Almost lost all hope. Forgot to tell you that I had depression because of this. Yep, it sucks. I tried to think of all those professional help, and one thing I realized was that no one really emphasized what I was eating.

Now I started to do MY OWN research. I won't go too much into details but I'll give the important ones.

First one, drinking water is a no brainer. This is a must. First one on my checklist.

Tried Panoxyl's Benzoyl Peroxide 4%. (Still using, once a day at night + a moisturizer)

Another one I saw where it says there's a brain-skin-gut connection. Just google this one and you'll understand. Now, "gut"? I've never really paid much attention to this one. Now it was about time to google "foods that cause acne". THIS one may not work for everyone but this worked for me. I removed dairy products, chocolates, basically all the good stuff. It helped A LOT. But little did I know that there were a few more foods to cross off. THIS IS TRIAL AND ERROR, BE PATIENT. I just recently discovered that even eggs and tofu, AND mayo are bad for me.

Sorry for the long post. I felt like I needed to share my story. I still get pimples, but just the ones that don't bother you too much.

-Drink lots of water

-Do not touch your face.

-Trial and error on trigger foods(elimination diet)**game changer

-EXERCISE

-*I'm still using Panoxyl BP 4% once a day at night + moisturizer. I think it keeps my acne at bay(I can't eliminate this because everything is going well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I guess lol)

-Stress can literally break you out. (Brain-skin-gut)

I think that's it. Hopefully this helps you. I've suffered too much but now I can safely say I'm past that tunnel. Keep your heads up!

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 09/05/2021 12:52 am

Hi,

That is helpful. I came across information about how people changed their diet which led to no more acne. Have you tried prebiotic and probiotic foods?

MemberMember

Posted : 09/10/2021 12:32 am

Hello,

I did try probiotic and probiotic foods before. But nothing really made a huge impact other than the change in diet I made. Supplements also may give an added boost, but I think it's minimal compared to what you really eat.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:52 PM, Zkay said:

Hi,

That is helpful. I came across information about how people changed their diet which led to no more acne. Have you tried prebiotic and probiotic foods?

Hello,

I did try probiotic and probiotic foods before. But nothing really made a huge impact other than the change in diet I made. Supplements also may give an added boost, but I think it's minimal compared to what you really eat.

MemberMember
(@wagonwhite)

Posted : 09/14/2021 1:42 am

On 8/29/2021 at 12:14 PM, Squeaky said:

If you are reading this, don't lose hope. I think this is going to help you. (I'm from the Philippines btw)

I'm 28 right now, and have had to fight acne for 8 years.

Age 20-24:

*College days, stress at peak levels, all that stuff. Boom, 1 pimple appeared, tried to pop it. The next day, it came with reinforcements. And another one. Time for some face wash. Yep it feels good, and clean. I want that squeaky clean. A few days passed, nothing's working. *Keeps popping* Now it's bad. Almost both of my cheeks are full of these pesky bumps. Time to seek for professional help. Hey it's working, but it keeps coming back. *Keeps on jumping from one professional to another*

Age 25-27

Been like the above for maybe 4 yrs. Then I tried natural remedies, not good. Tried water only, it was bad for me. Tried oil based, doesn't really help much. Now working, so I tried for another professional help, you know, those dermatologists who empty our wallets. Tried to stick to this one because this was my last try to seek help from them. So there, seemed good at first, but I can't really see a light at the end of this tunnel. She prescribed me some antibiotics, the strong ones. One week and no more pimples forming. But after that, pimples keep coming back. So I came to the conclusion that all the face wash and weekly appointments I got from them really never made progress. It was like a band-aid for something that needs to be cured. I stopped. **Antibiotics are bad for pimples, don't go this route when you have acne

Age 28:

Basically tried everything at this point. Almost lost all hope. Forgot to tell you that I had depression because of this. Yep, it sucks. I tried to think of all those professional help, and one thing I realized was that no one really emphasized what I was eating.

Now I started to do MY OWN research. I won't go too much into details but I'll give the important ones.

First one, drinking water is a no brainer. This is a must. First one on my checklist.

Tried Panoxyl's Benzoyl Peroxide 4%. (Still using, once a day at night + a moisturizer)

Another one I saw where it says there's a brain-skin-gut connection. Just google this one and you'll understand. Now, "gut"? I've never really paid much attention to this one. Now it was about time to google "foods that cause acne". THIS one may not work for everyone but this worked for me. I removed dairy products, chocolates, basically all the good stuff. It helped A LOT. But little did I know that there were a few more foods to cross off. THIS IS TRIAL AND ERROR, BE PATIENT. I just recently discovered that even eggs and tofu, AND mayo are bad for me.

Sorry for the long post. I felt like I needed to share my story. I still get pimples, but just the ones that don't bother you too much.

-Drink lots of water

-Do not touch your face.

-Trial and error on trigger foods(elimination diet)**game changer

-EXERCISE

-*I'm still using Panoxyl BP 4% once a day at night + moisturizer. I think it keeps my acne at bay(I can't eliminate this because everything is going well. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I guess lol)

-Stress can literally break you out. (Brain-skin-gut)

I think that's it. Hopefully this helps you. I've suffered too much but now I can safely say I'm past that tunnel. Keep your heads up!

Hi there,

Your post is so much helpful and I learn many things, I hope more people should follow this article. Thank you so much.

MemberMember

Posted : 09/19/2021 11:29 am

On 9/14/2021 at 2:42 PM, wagonwhite said:

You're welcome. I hope this works for you as well. :)

MemberMember
(@zkay)

Posted : 09/27/2021 8:30 am

@squeaky thanks

MemberMember
(@fightfulminans)

Posted : 09/28/2021 4:39 pm

@Squeaky- thanks for the insightful post. My experience agrees that gut is a major factor, and taking away is better then adding. I tried a 2 day water fast and component of my condition disappeared. Still fighting the condition and underlying causes but a food allergy test showed full blown beef, eggs, dairy, and partial gluten allergies. Stress/brain factor I will have to pay more attention to. Starting accutane today but was wondering about asking for dapsone while the labs were being done.

MemberMember

Posted : 10/06/2021 9:18 am

On 9/29/2021 at 5:39 AM, FightFulminans said:

@Squeaky- thanks for the insightful post. My experience agrees that gut is a major factor, and taking away is better then adding. I tried a 2 day water fast and component of my condition disappeared. Still fighting the condition and underlying causes but a food allergy test showed full blown beef, eggs, dairy, and partial gluten allergies. Stress/brain factor I will have to pay more attention to. Starting accutane today but was wondering about asking for dapsone while the labs were being done.

It's my pleasure. I think I'd rather stay away from strong acne fighting remedies. It does help, but we don't really want to rely too much on these things.