Notifications
Clear all

For those that have done subcision with filler

MemberMember
(@stunnrgaminggmail-com)

Posted : 08/25/2021 11:37 am

Hi everyone, Im about to do subcision with filler in a few weeksfor my scarring.
Just wanted to ask would the scars still be in an improved state asthe filler goes? As I heard filler prevents scars from re-attaching. Thanks again

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/25/2021 4:12 pm

ive done subcision with filler before....scars still look the same.....and ive repeated it like 5-6 times over 20 years

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 08/25/2021 4:23 pm

I understand your situation @pleasehelp321but the constant negativity is really harmful for those reading here. It's not all doom and gloom here. It's not right to tell people filler and sub will leave the patient's skin exactly the same that's just not true. If the doctor understands the patient's scar type and recommends the treatment with the skill necessary then it's reasonable that the patient will have improvement. Other factors come into play but to say these treatments don't work is wrong.

And yes, the scars should improve even whenthe filler goes depending on the degree of fibrosis and tethering. It may need to be repeated even when the filler goes depending on the severity. https://www.realself.com/question/subcision-filler-permanent , https://www.realself.com/question/thousand-oaks-ca-combination-subcision-ha-fillers-give-permanent-improvement

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 08/25/2021 7:01 pm

OP only way to find out is to do it.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/25/2021 10:57 pm

yes the only way is to do it to find out

Shei514 I was saying it didnt work for me not telling people not to try...I am actually thinking as stated to put more than 1ml I have placed in the past more like 2-4ml maybe that helps of filler...cheers

Shei514 how many mls of filler u had before? what do u think of it?

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 08/26/2021 12:47 am

1 hour ago, pleasehelp321 said:

yes the only way is to do it to find out

Shei514 I was saying it didnt work for me not telling people not to try...I am actually thinking as stated to put more than 1ml I have placed in the past more like 2-4ml maybe that helps of filler...cheers

Shei514 how many mls of filler u had before? what do u think of it?

Woah! 1ml is definitely not enough for atrophic scarring. You need at least 2ml. Ideal amount is 3ml in my opinion. But the type of filler also matters - they are not all the same and hence will require differing amounts
For example, restylane skinboosters - 2 syringes is ideal. 1 is not enough.

(each filler syringe = 1ml by the way)

MemberMember
(@perfectskin_dreamer)

Posted : 08/26/2021 8:52 pm

Did subcision with filler a month ago. It worked ok - not a miracle cure. The filler used in my case was Restylane.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/26/2021 8:56 pm

Carthasis2018 well said i probably tend to agree 2-4ml for me hopefully it will last longer than a month? Lol ive had filler 4-05 times in my life and each time lucky if its lasts 3-4 weeks

05 = 5

MemberMember
(@flooressence)

Posted : 08/27/2021 12:58 am

On 8/26/2021 at 5:23 AM, shei514 said:

I understand your situation @pleasehelp321but the constant negativity is really harmful for those reading here. It's not all doom and gloom here. It's not right to tell people filler and sub will leave the patient's skin exactly the same that's just not true. If the doctor understands the patient's scar type and recommends the treatment with the skill necessary then it's reasonable that the patient will have improvement. Other factors come into play but to say these treatments don't work is wrong.

I'm glad someone finally said it. That person is seriously mentally deranged and you can see he's posting on multiple accounts (as he's posted pics of himself on multiple e.g. pleasehelp321, tryinghard123 etc), and is the first person in almost every new thread filling it with negativity and doomor constantly trying to change the focus to his own threads/scars.

This places needs moderation desperately, banning his extra accounts could be a start. Its frustrating me beyond belief every thread I open and its the same BS from him. People are here to get help and the first thing they are being told is X won't work or its impossible to treat scars etc. F that -there's countless success stories here and this place should be a place for good information and support, not deranged people with severe mental health issues spreading negativity and misinformation.