Notifications
Clear all

Help yourself and use hydrocolloid plaster

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 08/24/2021 3:50 am

Please believe me. Hydrocolloid plaster have given me great results and I had so many treatments. Before I didnt use hydrocolloid plaster the imrovements were minimal. Put hydrocolloid plaster on when you go to sleep. They are also very cheap and you can buy them in your local drogery. The ones I use for example were originally made for abrasions. Please try it, you will be surprised.

MemberMember
(@samsadleir)

Posted : 08/24/2021 5:58 pm

is this the same type of thing used to treat pimples by sucking out the liquid? I used to use those for whiteheads, but assumed they were bunk for scars.

I guess it may work similar to chinese cupping? Attracting fluid leading to a buffer between severed scar tether and it's previous connection.

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 08/25/2021 4:04 am

I dont know. There is a user called PivotalAnime and I copied some things that the user posted. Hydrocolloid dressing is maybe the right term.

I tried many things. Laser, subcision (with or without filler) etc. and the improvements were minimal. It was really a big change when I used hydrocolloid dressing afterwards. I can recommend everybody to try it. Its such a cheap product that you should give it a try.

dirigo39 liked
MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 08/25/2021 9:13 am

Moisture helps skins heal. Google a reddit post wrist cutting scars hair gel.

What brand did you use?

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)
MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 08/25/2021 9:28 am

Doesn't this dry the skin out rather than moisturize?

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 08/25/2021 9:37 am

I don't know how this stuff works. Sorry

MemberMember
(@stunnrgaminggmail-com)

Posted : 08/27/2021 8:06 am

On 8/24/2021 at 9:50 AM, SalientDouble said:

Please believe me. Hydrocolloid plaster have given me great results and I had so many treatments. Before I didnt use hydrocolloid plaster the imrovements were minimal. Put hydrocolloid plaster on when you go to sleep. They are also very cheap and you can buy them in your local drogery. The ones I use for example were originally made for abrasions. Please try it, you will be surprised.

Hi, how do exactly do you use it? Like straight after treatment or a few day after? Im about to have subcision/filler in a couple weeks so Im curiousThanks

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 08/27/2021 8:45 am

On 8/24/2021 at 10:50 AM, SalientDouble said:

hi 🙂 2 questions: do you dip these plaster in collagen creams? do you apply these plaster, after having done some treatments such as laser or microneedling? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@fredm)

Posted : 08/27/2021 8:54 am

From the link of product:

For the care of smaller abrasions
Has a cushioning effect, provides immediate pain relief
Reduces the risk of scarring
Promotes rapid wound healing

The Mivolis abrasion plaster is used for the care and hygienic covering of smaller abrasions. The hydrocolloid wound dressing absorbs escaping wound fluid and forms a gel that keeps the wound moist and thus ensures optimal wound healing conditions. The wound healing process is accelerated and the risk of scarring is reduced. At the same time, the wound is protected from the penetration of dirt, water and bacteria. The cushioning effect also provides immediate pain relief.
Adhesive: polyacrylate, latex-free.

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 08/27/2021 5:04 pm

Hey, I basically read the thread of PivotalAnime and copied the ideas. Maybe you also ask PivotalAnime.

After reading the thread I looked for hydrocolloid dressings and the Mivolis plasters were the ones I found. But it's not about the product. What is important is the term: "hydrocolloid". I use these plasters every night when I go to sleep.

Another product I bought cause of her thread were collagen dressings. But they are more complicated to use because they are like pads. I don't use them very often. Plus they are expensive.

Your treatments: Yes I would use them directly after your treatments. But beware: If the treatment is very bloody I would not use them immediately. Let your skin relax and use cream at night and on the second/third night after the treatment use them. It depends how aggressive it was. You have to experiment a bit.

What I can add from experience: I had treatments which didnt work until I focused on the aftercare. After the treatments your skin is very sensitive even if it doesnt look like that (whole month). Your skin is also an organ. Give it the best conditions. Drink 2l water a day. Avoid the sun. Take no drugs. Moisturize your skin (maybe the first days use cream with fatty acids if it's very bloody because the skin needs to build the skin barrier). Maybe also eat food which stimulate collagen.

MemberMember
(@dirigo39)

Posted : 08/29/2021 2:58 am

How long ago was your last procedure?

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 08/29/2021 4:26 am

I did TCA Cross a month ago. I wouldnt recommend hydrocolloid dressings afterwards. Two weeks after that treatment I'm using hydrocolloid dressings again.