Notifications
Clear all

MASKING ANXIETY: New Yorkers find boost of confidence with COVID-19 face masks

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 08/22/2021 10:44 pm

Face masks are a necessary shield against COVID-19, but some New Yorkers find they also offer another kind of protection from social anxiety.Introverts who struggle in the public eye or battle skin conditions say theyre pleased that face coverings have become the new normal. Experts in social anxiety say theres no research that explores the mental benefits of masks, but theyre not surprised by the reaction.

This is a sad reality but beneficial for others who have acne or skin problems, however it is still best to see smiling faces!

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 08/27/2021 2:08 am

It doboost my self confidence when I wear my facemask but still I get social anxiety when facing unmask towards strangers.

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 08/30/2021 1:32 am

On 8/27/2021 at 3:08 PM, tellurium said:

It doboost my self confidence when I wear my facemask but still I get social anxiety when facing unmask towards strangers.

There's no need to be ashamed. Boost up yourself always!

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 09/06/2021 4:21 am

I know its easy to say but hard to do irl. facemask does cover some part of our face but not the whole part and many of us do have acne problems in our forehead which is really annoying. ngl

MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 09/06/2021 4:37 am

social anxiety is sometimes disturbingyou but you just need to get used of it. Having acne problems doesn't mean that you need to be an ninja who hides their faces towards people. Heads up brother!