Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icelight

If I let down my emotional defenses for even one..

I have so many problems right now...and it doesn't help that more than one of them have to do with my face....my (mild/moderate) acne....the fact that my new doctor took my off hydrocortisone cream for my face because my old doctor got me dependant on using it....and now my face is beet red for about a week because my skin is going through withdrawl...all compounded with the fact that I have been losing some of my eyebrow hair...

...Not to mention that fact that I NEED to get a 'B' in my Linear Algebra course or I'm not going to achieve my dream education (which I should get, but I'm a pessimist...), I don't make friends very easily and my one and only friend that is left(all the others went to some far off University after High School) has gone to Europe with his family for half a year, leaving me with no social life whatsoever, outside of the conversations at University...but I digress...

I manage to keep up a nice emotional facade, for both myself and the outside world throughout any problems that I have. Somehow I manage to smile my way through everything bad that happens...but I know that were I to ever let up for even a short period of time that would be it, I would probably have a small breakdown, which I don't want to let myself have. I don't want to stress myself out...Even though I feel that sometimes, I want to cry, I want to curl myself into a little ball, go into bed and stay there, forever, I don't. I still go out and face the world, hiding will do no good.

Well, I guess there's not much in the way of how anyone could respond to this...but since I don't feel comfortable talking about my feelings with people in my life, I might as well type it out here...and to tell you the truth it makes me feel a bit better!

Guest Shjaker
Even though I feel that sometimes, I want to cry, I want to curl myself into a little ball, go into bed and stay there, forever.

well shjaker, have you discussed this with your mum? She sounds very nice, I'm sure she'd understand?

And icelight, if your acne is mild there are so many products that can help. Go back to your doctor, talk about antibiotics, or retin a, things like that. You might want to tell them about how its making you feel. They will take you more seriously and prescribe decent meds. Its hard, but you have to be patient, there is no miracle cure for acne (well accutane is another thing...).

I can understand about your friends and things, I am going through a similar thing.

Your streeses about a retainer and gettnig a good grade isn't too bad. You have to stay in focus. Before you had your acne you probably would not have seen it as bad as it is now.

Everyone here knows how you feel, and many people here like me feel they can't talk to anyone they know. So if you're ever feeling down you can always come here, we will always be there to try and help you out, yeh?

OKay, sorry I wasn't much help.

Okay bybye, and merry christmas to you both.

...Not to mention that fact that I NEED to get a 'B' in my Linear Algebra course or I'm not going to achieve my dream education (which I should get, but I'm a pessimist...), I don't make friends very easily and my one and only friend that is left(all the others went to some far off University after High School) has gone to Europe with his family for half a year, leaving me with no social life whatsoever, outside of the conversations at University...but I digress...

Guest Zitro

wza, don't remind me! jaja. Even my genious older brother has problems with calculus 2 in college.

I don't know what linear algebra is (algebra I, algebra II, or prealgebra)

but I know algebra can be mastered if you get a decent amount of homework ... if you don't ... then practice on your own, do some more problems.

Icelight, I'm having the same problem, my best friends are leaving, and one of them got deported recently, and one ceased to be my friend. You'll find new friends .. don't worry ... you just be yourself and friendly, don't be desperate, and you'll get them in no time.

Shaina, I hope you'll get what you need, and I'll be very happy if you do.

Cheer up and celebrate christmas as much as you can.