Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
clearedup

regimen has worked for over a year,but

i would first like to say that i have been using dan's regimen for over a year and a half now, and have been mostly clear for the majority of that time. i suffered with acne for

8 1/2 years before that, having tried everything from over the counter stuff, homeopathic remedies, prescriptions, even accutane.

this regimen is the only thing that has ever helped my skin.

i cannot say enough about how altered my life has been since i began this regimen...my self confidence has returned. i reccomend it to anyone who laments about their acne.

that being said, i have one major concern:

i am 20 years old.

i have fine wrinkles on my cheeks now (the main area where i use bp).

it began within months of first starting the treatment, but seemed to improve after the colder months passed. They were always present, but less visible in the summer. they are only apparent when i smile or scrunch up my face, but at those times, look pretty disgusting when up close.

the problem cannot be caused by a cleanser, because i do not use one (they have always irritated and dried my skin), and i religiously use a moisturizer with glycolic acid in it . i used this moiusturizer long before i began the regimen, and do not believe it could be at the root of this problem either.

i suppose i was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing anything similar. i've read many post about under eye wrinkles (which i have just started to notice recently...though i think they have more to do with the weather than anything else) but i would be interested in communicating with someone who has found wrinkles to be a problem on their cheeks.

i am worried about permanent damage,etc.. just like everyone else. any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thankyou.

In my experience bp causes premature wrinkles. I have some good sized ones on my forehead and I'm barely 21. I don't have any wrinkles on my cheeks but I'm sure the bp is to blame for your problem. It dries out the skin like a mother f'er and wherever there's dry skin wrinkles are soon to follow. Maybe u should lay off applying bp to that area if you can. Or use a different moisterizer for that area. One that doesn't have glycolic acid. I know you said you don't believe it could be the glycolic acid moisterizer, but coupled with the bp it could make the area drier. I wish bp didn't dry skin out so much but that's a sacrifice you have to make for acne free skin.

I have that problem too! I am 19! And I am getting wrinkles on my cheeks, around my eye, and fine lines everywhere! I am worry that if this is gonna keep on going, and I would look a lot older than I am. But on the other hand, I don't want to give up on the bp since it helped me to clear up a lot too. Anyone has any idea?

I have that problem too! I am 19! And I am getting wrinkles on my cheeks, around my eye, and fine lines everywhere! I am worry that if this is gonna keep on going, and I would look a lot older than I am. But on the other hand, I don't want to give up on the bp since it helped me to clear up a lot too. Anyone has any idea?