Notifications
Clear all

Doctor recommendation for extremely aggressive/fully ablative laser in US/California?

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 08/13/2021 11:48 pm

I believe the number one reason that acne scar revision fails is due to under-treatment. Mostly doctors are conservative for lasers. Very few doctors are willing to do fully ablative laser these days, not even just for local areas. Most doctors just use the device to scan over the face with fixed settings. That means, they don't have any special focus on the scar spots. Also, doctors fear to use high settings, lasers do not go deep enough. I believe this is the biggest reason that we do not receive expected improvement.

Do you guys have any recommendations for doctors in US (hopefully in California) that perform laser treatment aggressively? The more aggressive, the better the result.

zhc024 liked
MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/14/2021 1:39 am

1 hour ago, froyosh said:

I believe the number one reason that acne scar revision fails is due to under-treatment. Mostly doctors are conservative for lasers. Very few doctors are willing to do fully ablative laser these days, not even just for local areas. Most doctors just use the device to scan over the face with fixed settings. That means, they don't have any special focus on the scar spots. Also, doctors fear to use high settings, lasers do not go deep enough. I believe this is the biggest reason that we do not receive expected improvement.

Do you guys have any recommendations for doctors in US (hopefully in California) that perform laser treatment aggressively? The more aggressive, the better the result.

Read my posts. I agree that the more aggressive the laser treatment is will result in more potential improvement. However, the risk of additional scarring and hyperpigmentation and erythema go up.

Don't bother with Erbium and non-ablative procedures.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 08/14/2021 6:17 am

Depends on your skin type and scarring pattern. Dr mark taylor is good with lasers and Customized settings, he also uses fully ablative laser on scar edges but he doesnt do full check fully ablative I believe. and I agree setting matter whenever someone says laser doesnt work I often think do you know what settings the doctor even used. They think a laser is laser thats all. There are fractional and fully ablative which is totally different and have different outcomes and the energy settings a bug factor. Not that laser are the best but it does work from top surface issues for sure.

MemberMember
(@zhc024)

Posted : 08/19/2021 9:18 pm

On 8/13/2021 at 9:48 PM, froyosh said:

I'm also doing my research trying to find a doctor in CA who is willing to do aggressive laser treatment, or even traditional fully ablative lasers. Rudy Coscia seems to do that according to his website but he looks pretty young so not sure about his experience.Gul A. Zikria also has that on his website and I have a consultation with him tomorrow. Very likely that these doctors put that on websites but actually don't provide the treatment at all.

If you consider doctors out of CA,Dr. Robert Motazedi (in Colorado) seems to have rich experience with fully ablative CO2 laser for acne scar treating. I'll put a few more below, you can check their websites. Do share information with me if you find any promising doctor in CA/US.

Joel L. Cohen (Colorado)

Dr. John L. Burns, Jr. (Dallas, TX)

Elizabeth Rostan (Charlotte, NC)