Notifications
Clear all

Acne.org destroyed my face and life

MemberMember
(@jderulo803gmail-com)

Posted : 08/06/2021 12:44 am

Hello,

I am a 28yo male who at one point was the biggest supporter and promoter of acne.org. I had minor acne in high school and tried all the conventional creams with no luck. I decided to give acne.org a try and boy did it work. Honestly, I didnt need to go on such a strict regimen, but my acne would leave such bad pigmentation that I wanted it under control. I used acne.org for about 8 years with absolutely zero side effects. No dry skin, acne, irritation, etc. This regimen was like meant to be put on my skin. I literally told everyone about this regimen. Looking back I think the AHA really was the only reason I had such nice skin. I dont think my skin could have handled BP that long without the AHA. I decided to get off the BP after 8 years and continue the standard regimen. About 3 months post getting off the BP I had a massive purge. It was so bad that even a dermatologist said it was the worst acne shed even seen. All doctors said there is no such thing as a purge from BP, but I said Id hide out for a few months to see what the issue was. After 2 months of purging all the acne went away and went back down slightly less than high school level. I stupidly said hey why not just go back on the BP since I never had any problems with it before and Ill stay on it forever. Well, that was the biggest regret of my life. I will say during this purge I did not change my regimen so everything went away naturally.

I went back on the BP for 2 years and then things started to change (10 years total usage of BP). My skin texture started to get really messed up and my face started to burn. I decided to get off the entire acne.org regimen and use a very gentle cleanser and a stronger moisturizer. Guess what? 3 months post BP got the worst acne I ever had again. It all went away 2 months post purge with no change in the regimen. Theres no such thing as a BP purge right? I am living proof of it. You cant just get severe acne 3 months post getting off something and then it all basically going away after 2 months post purge.

Now I am left with horribly damaged, oily, dehydrated, textured and disgusting skin. Ive seen 2 allergists, 10 dermatologist, 1 endocrinologist, rheumatologist, naturopathic doctor, multiple estheticians and have seen 0 improvement. No underlying skin issues (eczema, etc). No issues with hormones, thyroid or inflammation. My inflammation numbers are great since I dont eat sugar, gluten, dairy or any crap while taking vitamin d and fish oil. My oil production is beyond what is humanely imaginable.

My face was so bad at one point that I had to resign from my job and sit next to a huge humidifier all day so I could get some relief. It was so tight and irritated and still is today. I truly mean this that I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy.

I spoke with Dan multiple times on the phone and hes a nice guy. I know he would never want to hurt me but he has no idea what the long term consequences of BP are nor do really any dermatologists. Theres literally not 1 long term BP study past a year and no studies on what happens when you get off of it. I was the BP guinea pig.

My life is destroyed and my face is in a state that I cannot describe. I wouldnt wish this on anyone. I do 100% blame acne.org because I truly feel like its one of the only regimens that allows you to use BP long term. Most regimens are terrible and if I never used acne.org I know my skin would never have been able to use BP.

Waking up everyday is a struggle. Acne.org gave me a nice life and also destroyed it. If I could get one person to stop this regimen now it would be a success story for me. Remember, I was the biggest supporter of acne.org. Please I beg you dont rethink using this regimen long term.

Please reach out to me and Ill gladly send you pictures.

MemberMember
(@starpower)

Posted : 08/12/2021 5:00 pm

Hey,

Sorry to hear what youre going through; it sounds terrible. Ive been on the regimen for almost 8 years now, cutting the BP usage down to a tiny amount,only in the mornings - in the evening just cleanser and moisturizer. Would you be willing to share any images?

all the best,

Michael

MemberMember
(@winenotwhine)

Posted : 08/15/2021 8:34 pm

Hi there. I'm glad I am not the only person who has developed skin issues after being on the regimen for 10 years. My skin was clear on the regimen. It was like a cure. But my skin was never "normal". Always dehydrated despite using jojoba oil and moisturizers, following the regimen to the "t". I was diagnosed with a dermatitis that I need to treat with antifungals now. Just like you, I felt like this was a magic to my skin, but also destroyed my barrier.

I am now quitting the regimen. I will still continue using BP, but as a spot treatment. I am also incorporating BHA, which is a gentler acne medication as it goes skin deep rather than the surface level.