Notifications
Clear all

Need help for these scars please!

MemberMember
(@jisshulimbuhotmail-com)

Posted : 07/31/2021 12:50 am

Hello, I™m new to this community here and I™m very grateful to have something like this to help us. I™m 30year old asian who have been struggling with acne scars for a long time. I™ve tried microdermabrasion and peels at spas and have been doing dermapen and mandelic peel at home.  I have been avoiding dermatologist because of the cost. I do see some slight improvement but I would like to get professional help. I believe I have mix of icepick, rolling, large pores and box scars. Recently I™ve noticed when I smile these wrinkles are created on my cheeks and temples. I™m guessing my at home diy has caused the damage. If anyone can suggest me what treatment is best for my skin and if you can also recommend me a good dermatologist in bay area I would really appreciate it.

7B37BFD8-DFE5-4E70-A96B-07D5202DD400.jpeg.cce06774de5047ef3e97cf5dbf5af4d3.jpeg

10D81330-0EFA-4FE6-A884-337318488E4E.jpeg.257f6185b7693b8aa6dc26fe7d200454.jpeg

CE514A5C-7CCB-4E8F-ABCA-DFA40CD914B1.jpeg.1f9922529473798d5727573e7b6e19b4.jpeg

3E352B26-43EC-481A-AEA3-411B8054E52A.jpeg.d5aba7083567657bf526997124a3ee8c.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/03/2021 11:00 am

From the research I've done (they show pics of people a lot), I would guess laser might be what they would suggest for you. Your scars are relatively superficial and an overall treatment like laser might help. If you try something, let us know how it goes.

As far as the wrinkling goes, your skin looks dry from what I can tell. Is it dry for some reason?

Jess82 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 08/06/2021 10:19 am

Hello Dan, thanks for your advice. Do you happen to know what kind of laser is best suited? Do you think peels or microneedling could help my skin type?
I always thought I have oily skin but my esthetician was telling me my skin is dehydrated. Must be from the skin care Im using. Thanks once again!

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/09/2021 10:13 am

I would bet peels will be brought up as an option as well, yes.

When it comes to lasers, ablative or fractional ablative lasers show the best results in studies. Non-ablative lasers don't seem to be strong enough for actual scarring.

Most important is to get under the care of a good physician who specializes in scar repair. I'm not a doctor and no one here is, so we can't tell you what's right for you. Only an experienced doc can. Get at least 2 opinions. If I had scarring I would personally get 3. It's your face after all! Then go with who seems steadiest and most confident, and who has the best before and afters. Basically don't launch into anything until you feel 100% sure that you found the right doc.

And yes, your skin looks dehydrated to me too. What's your current routine?

Jess82 liked
MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 08/09/2021 10:21 am

Please be mindful of the risks of increased orange peel texture and fat loss/loose skin with lasers. The horror stories are out there. If you're already insecure about the overall texture, lasers may do more harm than good. Do your research on which doctoryou receive laser from. Just some consistent retin a use may do wonders for your skin. This is not even a moderate case of scarring. Best of luck.

Jess82 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 08/10/2021 1:04 am

13 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

15 hours ago, Dan said:

I would bet peels will be brought up as an option as well, yes.

When it comes to lasers, ablative or fractional ablative lasers show the best results in studies. Non-ablative lasers don't seem to be strong enough for actual scarring.

Most important is to get under the care of a good physician who specializes in scar repair. I'm not a doctor and no one here is, so we can't tell you what's right for you. Only an experienced doc can. Get at least 2 opinions. If I had scarring I would personally get 3. It's your face after all! Then go with who seems steadiest and most confident, and who has the best before and afters. Basically don't launch into anything until you feel 100% sure that you found the right doc.

And yes, your skin looks dehydrated to me too. What's your current routine?

Thanks so much for the advice.Im down to two options after looking around for a while. Theres a deal in one place for microneedling for $250 per session but its a medspa. Its very tempting money wise and has good reviews as well. Whereas the other option is a dermatologist who does subcisionand microneedling with prp which is like $850 per session just for needling. Im torn between the two.

My morningroutine is salicylic acid cleanser, vit c, moisturizer and sunscreen. Night routine is salicylic cleanser, acids (i keep jumping between retinol, lactic, aha, bha not sure what to use),moisturizer. Thanks so much once again!

15 hours ago, Dan said:

14 hours ago, LivingWithFaith said:

Please be mindful of the risks of increased orange peel texture and fat loss/loose skin with lasers. The horror stories are out there. If you're already insecure about the overall texture, lasers may do more harm than good. Do your research on which doctoryou receive laser from. Just some consistent retin a use may do wonders for your skin. This is not even a moderate case of scarring. Best of luck.

Thank you so much I will look into retin a

13 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

Wrinkles are most likely from dry skin not needling, what lenght needle you use when you do dermapen?

Thank you I will look into hydrating products. I use 2 mm needles.

You liked