Notifications
Clear all

Severe Acne Scarring - Treatment Suggestion Required

MemberMember
(@northpole08protonmail-com)

Posted : 07/11/2021 1:58 am

Hi, how you all doing? I'm here to get some suggestions regarding my acne scarring treatment plan, So lemme first tell you about my previous procedures

which gave me little to no improvements I started with Subcision few sessions in a gap of 2 months each! but my dermatologist didn't use any fillers

nor he suggested me about this cupping session thing which I find out after joining Acne.org community! Anyways we also did maybe 2 sessions of MNRF

few peels and maybe 50% TCA twice and um 1 session of CO2 laser (Low power) after all this I'm seeing very less to no results.

I'm posting pictures of my both right and left cheek! I think my scars are severe so I need some good advice from you guys so I can start my journey fresh

I'll be updating this thread with every treatment which I'll do so you all can have an idea about what I should do next or If my doctor is professional enough or not.

There are like 10-11 pictures so I'm uploading them on Imgur and posting links here, The pictures has been taken from multiple angel with different lightnings.

Right Cheek: (6 Pictures)

https://imgur.com/a/WUcN2wR

Left Cheek: (4 Pictures)

https://imgur.com/a/RpjXrlq

Looking forward to hearing to hearing from you people, Thanks for your time. ;D

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 07/11/2021 11:18 am

My thinking is that TCA Cross at a higher percentage should be considered. 50% is not going to get you satisfactory results. I think 80%+ is the way to go.

For big scars, you can look into excisions which is basically replacing one scar for another - hopefully much better.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 07/11/2021 12:08 pm

You need to trim the edges of the boxcar border with fully ablative laser also called tangential resurfacing, you can also look into excision.
Here is a strategy with excision for big deep boxcartell your doctor to target the center of the boxcar. This will reduce the boxcar area and edges will be closed at the same time less chance of scarring from excision as you are targeting a small area instead of cutting a big area.

Thegoal with this excision strategy is to dividethe big boxcar into three. By doing middle first you eliminateone scar area completely with little to no scarring , then you will be left with 2 but those two will be tight scars with less area due to middle portion closing out. And then you can decide if you want to do it or not for those remaining two. In my opinion the big boxcarbecomes tight and the remaking two scarsshallow but hey if you still want to do it for those two then you can go for it.

think of excision in two to three sessions instead of going all out in aSingle session. The lower the area of excision the less chance of scarring even linear scar can be eliminatedif the area is small but usually that is not the case so a small line is reasonable.

and worst case if the excision results in an indented line then do laser full ablative on it or fractional laser this will lift and flatten that excision. Hence resulting with almost invisible scar. In general it is preferred to do laser after excision.

but in your case most boxcar doesnt look that deep so trimming edges would be the best bet, look for excision when the depth is substantial.

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 07/12/2021 12:40 pm

Start using Retin A every night. Dont waste money on lasers. Only do subcision and tca cross. After seeing some improvement you can try dermabrassion. I had it done and it helped a bit. Lasers are risky since it can cause fat loss. Also start microneedling kat home and apply vitamin c and e on it. With microneedling the results will take long to see but it does make a bit of a difference. Since youll be doing it for free at home its worth it. With all these treatments it will take years to see an improvement. Acne scars are the worse thing to remove after being burnt. However, we have no choice but to hope and try. Without hope there is no motivation.

BA_2022 liked