Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide balling up

MemberMember
(@sherminchow0828gmail-com)

Posted : 07/02/2021 10:38 pm

Guysss, have you guys facing the ball up problem of benzoyl peroxide? Initially I thought it was the moisturizer which caused the ball up problem, but whenever I use the moisturizer with other products such as tretinoin, adapalene etc there won't be any ball up on my face. However, when I apply it with the benzoyl peroxide, there will be lots of ball up all over my face. Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/14/2021 10:22 am

Which products exactly? You may just have to experiment with others.

Shermin liked
MemberMember

Posted : 07/15/2021 10:42 pm

@Dan I'm using the Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide, when I use the Acne.org moisturizer with the Acne.org BP it keeps on balling up. But whenever I use the moisturizer with other products, such as tretinoin cream, adapalene gel and salicylic acid serum, it doesn't has any balling up effect, only when using Acne.org BP, it does. 

@Dan btw, I always make sure to wait 10-15mins for the Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide to completely dry before applying the moisturizer. I've done an experiment once, 15mins after applying the benzoyl peroxide without applying the moisturizer, I rub my face, and it is balling up. So, I am sure the Acne.org is the one which cause the balling up. May I know is there any ways to fix this bug, this is quite annoying :(

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/20/2021 2:00 pm

I haven't heard this complaint before so it's so curious to me. Hmm. Using anything under it maybe? The treatment itself shouldn't ball up. Are you making sure it absorbs? I'm stumped.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/21/2021 2:48 am

@DanI didn't use anything else actually, after washing my face and let it dry for 5 mins, I apply the benzoyl peroxide and wait for 10-15mins and I tried to touch my face, make sure it is completely dry then I apply the moisturizer, that's it hahaha.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/22/2021 12:00 pm

This is super strange then. The treatment doesn't ball up. I've never seen it ball up. Are you spreading it around until it absorbs? You gotta get it in there.

MemberMember

Posted : 07/25/2021 9:17 pm

@DanYes I did, should I try to reduce the amount? Cuz I'm using amount of 2 full fingers length.

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/26/2021 1:09 pm

It shouldn't ball up no matter how much you use is the thing.

But, if you are clear, yeah, you should reduce the amount you're using anyway. May as well use as little as is needed to stay clear.

Are you clear?