Notifications
Clear all

Wasted my money on laser - now what?

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 8:28 pm

I did 2 laser surgeries and a subcision with a crappy doctor in la jolla and my acne scars got a little worse. 2 profractional + erbium.

The lasers were repeated twice over a 7 month time span.

Seriously, is there ANYONE or ANYTHING that can help with these scars? TCA cross may deepen my existing scars. I'm screwed! There's no other options for me! WHY DONT DOCTORS FIND LESS RISKY WAYS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM???????

Not only that but after looking at these forums, I literally havent seen one person who's skin got much better after all these BS procedures that these crappy lowlife doctors push on us. I did 1 whole year of microneedling and it did NOTHING for my skin.

I hope these doctors pushing this false BS on us burn in hell

14 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

I did 2 laser surgeries and a subcision with a crappy doctor in la jolla and my acne scars got a little worse. 2 profractional + erbium.

Seriously, is there ANYONE or ANYTHING that can help with these scars? TCA cross may deepen my existing scars. I'm screwed! There's no other options for me! WHY DONT DOCTORS FIND LESS RISKY WAYS TO FIX THIS PROBLEM???????

Not only that but after looking at these forums, I literally havent seen one person who's skin got much better after all these BS procedures that these crappy lowlife doctors push on us. I did 1 whole year of microneedling and it did NOTHING for my skin.

What we need to do is find someone who can help with these scars NATURALLY. Is there anyone who know any good holistic experts who can aide with this stuff? Chemicals and lasers just can't be the only answer!

I know my post sounds depressing, but if we all BAND together and find some holistic experts who can deal with this stuff, we dont have to keep shelling thousands on BS treatments that dont work!

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 8:45 pm

17 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

What we need to do is find someone who can help with these scars NATURALLY. Is there anyone who know any good holistic experts who can aide with this stuff? Chemicals and lasers just can't be the only answer!

I know my post sounds depressing, but if we all BAND together and find some holistic experts who can deal with this stuff, we dont have to keep shelling thousands on BS treatments that dont work!

For example, chinese mapping indicates that the cheeks (where acne scars are) are connected to the stomach and lungs. So maybe stomach problems or smoking/not getting enough fresh air can aid this overtime? Kombucha for aiding stomach health?

I also read an article stating that glycolic and retinoic acid together can help scars

Also what about eating collagen powder? The one with whitefish in it?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 8:51 pm

Sheila619 I am with you 100 percent on all your comments....they post fraudlent and fake photos in different lighting but cant see any pics of your scars?

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 8:53 pm

1 minute ago, pleasehelp321 said:

Sheila619 I am with you 100 percent on all your comments....they post fraudlent and fake photos in different lighting but cant see any pics of your scars?

On my profile in my first earlier topic

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 8:56 pm

13 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

For example, chinese mapping indicates that the cheeks (where acne scars are) are connected to the stomach and lungs. So maybe stomach problems or smoking/not getting enough fresh air can aid this overtime? Kombucha for aiding stomach health?

I also read an article stating that glycolic and retinoic acid together can help scars

Also what about eating collagen powder? The one with whitefish in it?

I'm curious what your scars looked like before the lasers though. They do have to be raised to a certain level in order for the lasers to be able to reach and further remodel them. Do you have a picture or can you find an example on google that looks similar to your scars?

Eating healthy, taking care of your gut, and good oral hygiene are definitely directly related to skin health and can prevent acne and scarring. As far as improving the existing scars though, I don't believe that will work as the damage lies in the dermis which doesn't replace itself the way the epidermis does. The most we can do is trigger collagen production and use acids/ablative measures to reform the scars into better ones. At least that's as far as science has gotten... there could be a way to remodel them naturally and noninvasively. I'd like to remain optimistic about that possibility.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 8:59 pm

6 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

On my profile in my first earlier topic

looked but cant seem to find them

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:01 pm

looked but cant seem to find them

Actually let me post my updated face after the 2 BS procedures that I got.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.01.10 PM.png

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:07 pm

My scars are so bad that I'm envious of your mild scar pattern, Sheila, lol. Not to minimize your concerns though. If I were you, I would bite the bullet and try a tca 30% cross on your scars every two weeks for 3 to 4 sessions. But just test it on one scar that's not at a focal area of your face. I swear one of my small ice picksfilled in from doing this.

Sheila619 liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:10 pm

I agree myn are so bad compared to yours too wish I had those but we have to respect its bad for her...possibly could try excision on bigger ones like what I will do for my 4-5 big ones on LHS? i did 3 sessions of TCA Cross 100 percent did absolutely nothing for myn but good news is they only a very few went larger but remember I got tonne more scars than this!

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:12 pm

4 minutes ago, LivingWithFaith said:

My scars are so bad that I'm envious of your mild scar pattern, Sheila, lol. Not to minimize your concerns though. If I were you, I would bite the bullet and try a tca 30% cross on your scars every two weeks for 3 to 4 sessions. But just test it on one scar that's not at a focal area of your face. I swear one of my small ice picksfilled in from doing this.

i was debating starting off like ssuuupper light maybe dilute 15% tca and do the bottom scar as a test. What is the tca process again? I just dab a tooth pick and leave it on my face for 2 minutes?

2 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

I agree myn are so bad compared to yours too wish I had those but we have to respect its bad for her...possibly could try excision on bigger ones like what I will do for my 4-5 big ones on LHS? i did 3 sessions of TCA Cross 100 percent did absolutely nothing for myn but good news is they only a very few went larger but remember I got tonne more scars than this!

100% tca is tooo strong!! that could burn through your tissue and leave a hole. you have to start off very small like 5 %, then 10% and work your way up.

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:17 pm

4 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

i was debating starting off like ssuuupper light maybe dilute 15% tca and do the bottom scar as a test. What is the tca process again? I just dab a tooth pick and leave it on my face for 2 minutes?

I have a theory that there's a high fail rate with the toothpick method lol. So much of the acid gets absorbed into the tooth pick and barely penetrates the scar.

I personally used those diabetic syringes you can get from amazon and did the droplet method Dr. Lim does. But to get comfortable with it, I would first fill the syringe with plain water and practice the technique. You'll find with the right amount of pressure, you'll be able to push out just a small enough drop to fill the scar. If you don't think you cankeep your head at the right angle andyourhands steady enough, seek a professional. But try practicing with water first.

Sheila619 liked
MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:19 pm

1 minute ago, LivingWithFaith said:

I have a theory that there's a high fail rate with the toothpick method lol. So much of the acid gets absorbed into the tooth pick and barely penetrates the scar.

I personally used those diabetic syringes you can get from amazon and did the droplet method Dr. Lim does. But to get comfortable with it, I would first fill the syringe with plain water and practice the technique. You'll find with the right amount of pressure, you'll be able to push out just a small enough drop to fill the scar. If you don't think you cankeep your head at the right angle andyourhands steady enough, seek a professional. But try practicing with water first.

I'll definitely look into the syringe method! Man it sucks, hate how these doctors don't find something more solid proof to fix these scars. But they come up with a million ways to improve lip fillers and create stupid body contouring wraps? *rolls eyes*

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:19 pm

5 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

100% tca is tooo strong!! that could burn through your tissue and leave a hole. you have to start off very small like 5 %, then 10% and work your way up.

Maybe thats why Sheila I have those 4-5 big holes? but then again after the tca cross I went to have punch excision of those same scars and they look the same maybe little larger? Im thinking about getting them re excised again as I give up the doctors say after an excision there supposed to look like thin linear line scars?

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:21 pm

Just now, pleasehelp321 said:

Maybe thats why Sheila I have those 4-5 big holes? but then again after the tca cross I went to have punch excision of those same scars and they look the same maybe little larger? Im thinking about getting them re excised again as I give up the doctors say after an excision there supposed to look like thin linear line scars?

100% if you got MORE holes or DEEPER then you put waaay too high percentage on it. Way back I talked to one of Dr Rullan's assistants and she told me that you need to start on a low tca or else you will have big ole pits. But I've been very hesitant to do tca - big risk.

(@Anonymous)

3 minutes ago, LivingWithFaith said:

I did 3 full sessions with TCA Cross didnt do nothing for my acne scars at all so I gave up but then again didnt make them too much worse!!!

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

1 minute ago, Sheila619 said:

I'll definitely look into the syringe method! Man it sucks, hate how these doctors don't find something more solid proof to fix these scars. But they come up with a million ways to improve lip fillers and create stupid body contouring wraps? *rolls eyes*

I know how you feel. The city I live in is the perfect place to be if you need a good boob job. They all seem to specialize in that, but can't seem to prioritize acne scarring. Sad, because it's such an interesting field with a lot to discover.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:22 pm

Just now, Sheila619 said:

100% if you got MORE holes or DEEPER then you put waaay too high percentage on it. Way back I talked to one of Dr Rullan's assistants and she told me that you need to start on a low tca or else you will have big ole pits. But I've been very hesitant to do tca - big risk.

Sheila whats your view on punch excision to try to make scars more thin and linear?

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:24 pm

I did 3 full sessions with TCA Cross didnt do nothing for my acne scars at all so I gave up but then again didnt make them too much worse!!!

I saw your scars. I don't think they're the right type of scars for TCA cross. Perhaps tca paint though.

Do your scars disappear when you stretch them?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:24 pm

Sheila whats your view on punch excision to try to make scars more thin and linear?

and me too Im not willing to take the risk on TCA but all treatments are risk like punch excision can cause bigger divots in scars which i think is the main cuase for my big scars on LHS

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:25 pm

4 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

do you have a pic of your face?

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:26 pm

and me too Im not willing to take the risk on TCA but all treatments are risk like punch excision can cause bigger divots in scars which i think is the main cuase for my big scars on LHS

If you must punch again, perhaps try punch float to bring the tissue to the surface

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:26 pm

I saw your scars. I don't think they're the right type of scars for TCA cross. Perhaps tca paint though.

Do your scars disappear when you stretch them?

good point excellent livingwithfaith alot of doctors have said no to tca cross for my scars....yes when I stretch my scars they improve slightly

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:27 pm

4 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

Honestly I have not had a punch excision, the closest one is a subcision but just for a bit of tethering. I don't believe there is a risk to it? Just punching through a hole with a tool right?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:27 pm

If you must punch again, perhaps try punch float to bring the tissue to the surface

not many doctors do punch floats grafts anymore unfortunately well cant find them

2 minutes ago, Sheila619 said:

do you have a pic of your face?

its on my messages and my whole detailed history have done all treatments in acne scar books unfortunately

Inkedthumbnail_20210625_173944 (3)_LI.jpg

thumbnail_image004.jpg

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:31 pm

2 minutes ago, pleasehelp321 said:

not many doctors do punch floats grafts anymore unfortunately well cant find them

its on my messages and my whole detailed history have done all treatments in acne scar books unfortunately

Inkedthumbnail_20210625_173944 (3)_LI.jpg

thumbnail_image004.jpg

Shoot it would probably take a BUNCH of punch incisions to see some decent results to be honest. I did 2 lasers and I barely saw results with mine then I wouldn't even recommend it for you. How much did doc quote you on punch excision?