Notifications
Clear all

Help! Forehead Acne

MemberMember
(@mrbenjaminjohnwalkergmail-com)

Posted : 06/22/2021 7:21 am

Can anybody help me identify what this is and how to get rid of it!? Been struggling with forehead acne like this all my life. I™m 31 now and really don™t know what else to do / try. Many thanks for those who come back!!

5DE09E2D-C6C6-4C29-93B5-B302AF10A166.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 06/24/2021 2:08 pm

Looks like non-inflamed acne to me. Tried the regimen? It can work at preventing this kind of thing. Getting rid of it is another story. The ones you have can linger and require patience. Adding glycolic acid after 1 month on the regimen can help.

Also...are you irritating that area a lot? Wearing hats every day sort of thing? That can be an issue too.

MemberMember

Posted : 06/28/2021 10:04 am

Hello Dan thanks for coming back to me. I have ordered the regimen today so hopefully it comes quickly to the UK! Will let you know progress when I get started. Thanks again

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 07/20/2021 2:21 pm

Cool yeah let us know how it goes.

And mind the other thing I mentioned too about anything that is repeatedly irritating that area. Leave the skin untouched as much as you can.

Also, using any products on that area right now?

MemberMember
(@forestx)

Posted : 08/01/2021 4:53 pm

I had a similar issue and used 5%benzoyl peroxide

I could tolerate much more on my forehead than rest of body

MemberMember

Posted : 08/19/2021 4:43 pm

Hello Dan & forestx.I have just started on the regimen this weeK. Before that I tried various products but nothing seemed to work. I will keep you posted on the progress made over the next few weeks! Thanks

MemberMember

Posted : 08/20/2021 12:16 am

Hello Dan sorry I noteyour point about irritation on my forehead! I work in construction so I used to wear a helmet for long periods of the day. My role has changed so this duration has reduced now which will help.

Also, do you think using saunas/steams/swimming pools is okay are going to the gym?

Many thanks,

Ben

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 08/24/2021 4:22 pm

On 8/19/2021 at 10:16 PM, YeahYou123 said:

Hello Dan sorry I noteyour point about irritation on my forehead! I work in construction so I used to wear a helmet for long periods of the day. My role has changed so this duration has reduced now which will help.

Also, do you think using saunas/steams/swimming pools is okay are going to the gym?

Many thanks,

Ben

Yeah, I'm not surprised to hear you say that you wore a helmet. Makes total sense. Try to not irritate it as much as possible and be patient with the regimen cuz it can take a while for non-inflamed stuff like this. Also, be sure to add in AHA+ after 1 month.

I avoid saunas/steam because of the evidence of people getting more acne in hot and humid environments, but also not crazy about it. If I had a friend who really wanted to go in one I'd go. Swimming pools are fine.

Keep us posted.

MemberMember

Posted : 09/25/2021 6:24 am

Hello Dan I hope you™re well. I thought I™d drop you a message as I™m just about to start Week 7 of the regimen! Please see attached photograph from today of my skin. It has improved massively!!

I do have one question. I find that if i use the moisturiser my skin gets worse and i break out. However if I don™t use the moisturiser at all my skin looks good. I am using the glycolic acid every other day now as instructed and benzol twice a day just no moisturiser. Have you got any feedback on this? 

Many thanks,

Ben C3632F08-6EDF-4178-AB89-2EEACBF23C7F.jpeg.114d1b2689f1db97b710e332c498122c.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 09/29/2021 12:54 pm

Looking great. Hmm. There's nothing in the moisturizer to make anyone's skin worse, and it should actually calm the skin, but if you are reacting that way, I would switch to a different one. You never know. People can react to any ingredient in any product.

I still think it's important to use a moisturizer because BP can reduce antioxidants in the skin, and you want to replace them with a moisturizer that contains antioxidants (like licochalcone or tocopherol acetate) afterward. Basically most moisturizers have antioxidants, so as long as you use a non-comedogenic one you should be ok. If you want to post ingredients of any moisturizer you want to switch to here, I can let you know what I think of the ingredients.

Lastly, since things are going so well, use only a small amount of whatever moisturizer you decide to use. The less variables the better.

MemberMember

Posted : 09/30/2021 2:49 pm

Hello Dan thanks for coming back.

I will start again using the moisturiser but only by using small amounts as you mention above.

When i say worse I was finding that my skin would go uneven and bumpy mainly on my forehead. Maybe this was because I was using too much moisturiser than I needed. I will give it another go for a few weeks and let you know my progress.

Many thanks,

Ben

MemberMember

Posted : 11/09/2021 5:22 am

Hello Dan hope you™re well

I thought I would come back to you on progress as my forehead is looking good now

I™m struggling to get rid of the last bumps which sit just under the skin? Do you know what could be causing these or how I can get rid of them?

Many thanks 

52017221-0D52-443E-B383-815D7E90707E.jpeg.716acc49a55ace90f23f75af17af02d9.jpeg

MemberMember

Posted : 11/23/2021 4:04 pm

Hello @Dan

Not sure of you missed ny last post ^?

Many thanks

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 11/24/2021 1:17 pm

Hi @YeahYou123

Skin has irregularities and sometimes that's just life. I'd say you're looking fantastic. I have a few little "hard bumps" on my forehead and they are just there and nothing I can really do about it.

But...we have reached the limit of my expertise. There may be something you can do. If mine bugged me more than they do (I don't really mind it), I would make an appointment with a cosmetic dermatologist and see if they have any suggestions. They have amazing lasers and tools that can take care of little things like that. However, word to the wise...they may try to sell you everything under the sun. Cosmetic derms are very often all about selling you stuff, so just stay focused. Go in there and ask about the bumps and stay strong against all the other things they try to get you to buy.

And, if you do go see a cosmetic derm, I really really want to know what they say so I know because you aren't the first one to ask, so please keep everyone posted here.

MemberMember

Posted : 11/25/2021 4:02 pm

Hello @Dan

Thanks for coming back.

Ive booked an appointment for next week so Ill keep you posted on what it said. Thanks for the advice on the $ Ill keep an eye out for that!

Regards,

Ben

Ishayat liked
MemberMember

Posted : 02/23/2022 5:51 pm

Hello @Dan long time! Hope you™re well.

I booked an appointment as you suggested and unfortunately the visits have been unsuccessful! I ended up talking about my journey and what I have been using on my skin and it was recommended to not use Benzol Peroxide like I do with the regimen. 

My skin went terrible when I stopped and it was suggested that I could have fungal acne, type II rosacea, psoriasis or  eczema. What do you think to these suggestions?

I have also had some blood tests come back which shows I have a food sensitivity to cows milk, eggs and nuts which maybe the reason I have such problems on my forehead?

Here is some recent pictures of my forehead. I have just started back on the regimen as I still had some products left over.

Sorry for all the questions! 

Take care

D3584995-9B0A-484A-97A6-FC09D25AFC3F.jpeg.d9fa67b9a2ebcbddfb770550d7aee7dc.jpeg

88A3DD06-C853-4EB0-95C2-CCB137282CAE.jpeg.9a7247b51dd0207f4c351807d4175def.jpeg

9C16861C-4F6A-479D-9327-E89827F4892F.jpeg.7f48fd76c69c595af37199547e34c981.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 03/02/2022 2:10 pm

I think the fungal acne stuff and all these other diagnoses are kinda stabs in the dark, but who knows, maybe one is right. It's so hard to tell.

Since the regimen cleared you up before, hey, I'd just do that for now.

And...if you want, you can try some diet experimentation with me. I'm doing keto right now and have round it's really helped with chronic inflammatory stuff, so it might help you too. I've also been researching carnivore diet lately, which is so hardcore, but also interesting.

Feel free to PM me if you wanna discuss trying diet stuff.