Notifications
Clear all

A theory regarding filler, subcision and laser treatments..

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/15/2021 9:22 am

Do you think it's optimal to have your face swollen from filler or subcision right before doing a laser session? I watched a video from a doctor doing subcison on a patient, and the patients face was then swollen like a chipmunk while the doctor did the laser treatment. This doctor usually gets good results from this method

And I wonder if that actually aides in softening the scar? Because when you have your scars stretched like that from swelling, it makes the bed of the scar and edges level with each other. The laser can easily reach the edges of the scar and soften them out...right? Even when allthe swelling goes down, wouldn't the scars still be softer because the borders/edges of it were more accessible to the laser? Not to mention the subcision helping release the scars as well

Does anyone think this theory has any merit or am I not thinking this all the way through?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/15/2021 9:33 am

Who knowsmaybe it does, I believe the closest thing to know any theory is to do a split face procedure one with and without. And the sample size should be large. Thats the closest thing to know if the hypothesis is right or not. Else if it is done differently on different people you never know howeach one would have healed. One another factor when using splitstudy is that the patient should have similar scarring on both the cheeks before treatment and the evaluation wait time should be at least 3 months.

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/15/2021 9:35 am

I would love to sign up for a study like that if it means I get treatment for free lol. I believe I have similar scarring on both sides of my cheeks

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/15/2021 9:40 am

Just now, LivingWithFaith said:

I would love to sign up for a study like that if it means I get treatment for free lol. I believe I have similar scarring on both sides of my cheeks

This is not a bad idea, all people of different background can assemble together and decide on an x doctor and agree him to do it. We already have a large community here. And use this study to help acne scar sufferers. We can also bring on sponsor from the laser companies itself. Since it involves laser. With heavy documentation and exclusive right to be posted on acne org.

We could give hope to future generations!