Notifications
Clear all

Dermabrasion must be great

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 06/09/2021 11:13 pm

dermabrasion is exact like fully ablative laser, but is way harder to control the depth comparing to the laser. If unwanted dermis is removed, then more scarring will present. That's why it is outdated.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/10/2021 12:46 am

9 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

I think dermabrasion iz great but it is also risky treatment.. They sanding the scars surface level when everything goes well it must be amazing, maybe these scamming ass doctors dont wanna do this treatment because it is not profitable like 5 time laser or energy needling etc.

But ofcourse you need to level up scars with subcision and other treatments first

I believe some doctors don't want to perform dermabrasion because of the risk of hypopigmentation. I've thought about this procedure but because I'm type III, I don't want to take the chance. I believe dermabrasion for some of my scars would be better than any other treatment, but I would hate to see a white area that won't produce any more pigment.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 06/10/2021 10:52 am

Deep chemical peel would achieve the same thing by removing the upper epidermis?

I had the peel done and scars are definitely still there. I think acne scars are too deep for any dermabrasion or peel procedure to reach and remove completely.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/10/2021 12:50 pm

11 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

Yeah but it is not always gonna gave you hypopigmentation im type 4 and sometimes im thinking to get done.

I would say prepare for months (3-6) of redness and the possibility of hypopigmentation.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/10/2021 8:08 pm

5 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

I think hypopigmentation looks better than actual scar i looked up online it doesnt look bad.

Yeah but if something went wrong deep peel could gave you full face hypopigmentation.

It's ultimately your choice. A doctor can't tell you how you feel and what looks better this mentally affects you.

Some doctors use a mechanical tool for dermabrasion whereas others will use sandpaper. Do your research.

Good luck!

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 06/10/2021 8:52 pm

6 hours ago, can i get a new life please said:

I think hypopigmentation looks better than actual scar i looked up online it doesnt look bad.

Yeah but if something went wrong deep peel could gave you full face hypopigmentation.

Have you ever thought you might get hypogimentation and worse scarring? That can happen as well. Things are outdated for a reason. But like others side, it is your choice.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/15/2021 3:14 am

I've had dermabrasion twice on just my cheeks and it's frankly a roll of the dice. The first time gave me dramatic improvement on a severe linear scar and I got a bit greedy wanting more improvement. I went in for s second treatment with a different doctor and it fucked up my skin texture. Dermabrasion is very highly technique dependent.