Notifications
Clear all

Anybody followed this strategy for acne scars as per this study? Thoughts!!!

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/05/2021 9:00 pm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

The study used

*subcision once at the start of treatment

*microneedling 1.5 mm monthly for a total of 6 sessions

* tca peel 15 percent monthly

*tretinoin 0.05 percent

the results are very impressive based on the study. Please open the study to see before and after pictures.

George26, Lany and liked
MemberMember
(@kayleexroseyahoo-com)

Posted : 06/06/2021 3:50 am

Wow thats pretty interesting. Its strange how inthe beginning of the paper they say the scars cant be completely cured but they note in the study results that several patients went from grade 3 to grade 1 or no scars at all. Wouldnt no scars at all be 100% completely cured? Which everyone on here says is impossible? I personally think anything is possible, but Im curious about this.

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/14/2021 4:51 pm

On 6/6/2021 at 3:50 AM, Ziggystardust72 said:

Wow thats pretty interesting. Its strange how inthe beginning of the paper they say the scars cant be completely cured but they note in the study results that several patients went from grade 3 to grade 1 or no scars at all. Wouldnt no scars at all be 100% completely cured? Which everyone on here says is impossible? I personally think anything is possible, but Im curious about this.

I guess from a cellular/microscopic level, you'd be able to see the "scar" or evidence of trauma, but to the naked eye, you could visually "get rid" of a scar.

Shelly399 liked
MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 06/14/2021 8:37 pm

Interesting, perhaps I'm wasting my time and money by doing subcision lol. I was going to get it for a 3rd time but not sure anymore..

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:05 pm

On 6/5/2021 at 9:00 PM, getsmart121 said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3996784/

The study used

*subcision once at the start of treatment

*microneedling 1.5 mm monthly for a total of 6 sessions

* tca peel 15 percent monthly

*tretinoin 0.05 percent

the results are very impressive based on the study. Please open the study to see before and after pictures.

I feel like subcision did most of the heavy lifting in this study. I would like to see this study redone on subjects with more of the untethered type of scars (ice pick, box). Most of these subjects had rolling scars which probably responded really well to the initial subcision.

I do think microneedling paired with TCA is an underrated combo though. I've heard of people having good results with that.

MemberMember
(@sheila619)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:09 pm

Microneedling has risks to some skin too though. It can cause more scarring - which did so in my case. Also I did it for about a year and a half and I didn't see much of a chunky result. It just doesn't hit the scars deep enough. Very superficial off the surface

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/25/2021 9:10 pm

Just now, Sheila619 said:

Microneedling has risks to some skin too though. It can cause more scarring - which did so in my case. Also I did it for about a year and a half and I didn't see much of a chunky result. It just doesn't hit the scars deep enough. Very superficial off the surface

My problem with microneedling is that it's hard to target those really deep and narrow scars. I think that's where dermastamping is useful though. At least 1.5 mm.

Sheila619 liked