Notifications
Clear all

21 y/o with severe scarring. Please give advise

MemberMember
(@jappanjotsingh99gmail-com)

Posted : 06/05/2021 7:59 pm

Hey everyone! 

So I™d really appreciate some advice on my acne scarring. I™ve had acne ever since 13, and been on some ointments and antibiotics, which never really worked. I also was uneducated on the side effects of acne, which caused massive scarring along my cheeks and other areas as seen in the pics. I™m currently on accutane (holy shit, thank god) and I just wanted to know if anyone is in the same boat and what works for people like me!
I seriously hate having to show my face anywhere, and I really appreciate masks. I would sincerely appreciate any words of wisdom. 
I™ve had 2 subcision treatments (without filler) before I actually got my cystic acne under control. I™m hoping to finish my medication regimen, and wait for however long recommended by the dermatologist before beginning scar treatment. 

Help me out y™all, Ya boi is kinda confused. 
F76E83CB-1919-4A4D-A049-62B08441874D.jpeg.5d43e050e0c7c1e8f9106f557754d7be.jpeg

A314324A-7C28-4B28-B32E-9701DC55869B.jpeg.c2990abc9aa0cf1e08116bc9004cbdbc.jpeg

BAEE4298-7FF0-4AC4-BE65-BB515B451F46.jpeg.6988f69c3f7e43b991f36182e4ed5cc7.jpeg

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/05/2021 9:37 pm

You need more subcisionalso there is hyperpigmentation that needs to be taken care of. Your scars are noticeable due to the color and contour(edges of the scar). To fix color you need to do chemical peels or use hydroquinoneand sun protection. For edges of the scar you do fully ablative laser on the scar edges. Fully ablative means it removesthe complete surface of the skin wherever the laser is done. You can do filler as well when the scar surface is very close to normal.

if I were you I would fix the color of the scar first since that is causing it to look much worse than actually is I would say that alone should give you huge improvement.

Look at this person much worse than your scars

dazzed liked
MemberMember

Posted : 06/06/2021 12:33 am

2 hours ago, getsmart121 said:

You need more subcisionalso there is hyperpigmentation that needs to be taken care of. Your scars are noticeable due to the color and contour(edges of the scar). To fix color you need to do chemical peels or use hydroquinoneand sun protection. For edges of the scar you do fully ablative laser on the scar edges. Fully ablative means it removesthe complete surface of the skin wherever the laser is done. You can do filler as well when the scar surface is very close to normal.

if I were you I would fix the color of the scar first since that is causing it to look much worse than actually is I would say that alone should give you huge improvement.

Look at this person much worse than your scars

I seriously thank you for your advice! When I complete my accutane treatment, Ill definitely start with working on the color aspect first before jumping into the edges and subcision (with filler this time). Thank you!

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/06/2021 5:29 am

@Sirius Leecan you help this person with a treatment plan based on your knowledge.

also one thing I would say is start early and dont let doctors rip you off. As it could take a year or two to get satisfied or happy with the results, if it means working two jobs to get funding for the treatment do it. If you start later then there is the risk of skin being not in its prime condition of healing also your life is mostly when you are young so you have to have quality time now. By the time you start corporate job this will make you focus more on the job and climb the corporate ladder faster rather than thinking about your scars all the time.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/07/2021 1:05 pm

On 6/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, Jaythamurse said:

Ive had 2 subcision treatments (without filler) before I actually got my cystic acne under control. Im hoping to finish my medication regimen, and wait for however long recommended by the dermatologist before beginning scar treatment.

I would recommend TCA and filler:TCA to fade out the edges and filler to fill the depressedareas. Subcision is optional.

It's not gonna be a quick fix. Stay the course for at least2 years and you should see incremental improvements over time. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 06/09/2021 12:22 pm

hey, buy a derminator or a microneedling devideand use it every month with vitaminc c, no matter how long you do it for (a year or 3 years). get subcision and tca cross and fillers only. lasers don't do anything and a waste of money. Also, at home do the derminator. Even if you see 5-10% improvement from derminator it's still free and worth it.

MemberMember
(@livingwithfaith)

Posted : 06/14/2021 5:36 pm

Off topic, but dude you're so handsome, I don't even notice the scars.

On topic, a few subcisions will likely make you very happy, and then perhaps vbeam the redness away

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 06/15/2021 3:12 am

I agree with the others. Your issues are mainly deep rolling scars, fat loss, and sharp scar edges. The fat loss and deep rolling scars can be improved with fillers. The sharp edges of the scars need to be effaced, or softened, with some type of ablative procedure like laser or deep peeling (both of which come with risks). One approach with fillers might be to get Sculptra injected for to help create generalized volume in your cheeks and then go in and fine tune with a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane and inject directly into the scars themselves. Virtually any HA filler would work.

Finally, the redness is probably the most straight-forward to treat with vascular lasers like Vbeam Perfecta and should likely be done last.

MemberMember

Posted : 06/17/2021 12:20 am

On 6/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, LivingWithFaith said:

Off topic, but dude you're so handsome, I don't even notice the scars.

On topic, a few subcisions will likely make you very happy, and then perhaps vbeam the redness away

Okay, that made me feel good, honestly thank you.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:12 AM, dazzed said:

I agree with the others. Your issues are mainly deep rolling scars, fat loss, and sharp scar edges. The fat loss and deep rolling scars can be improved with fillers. The sharp edges of the scars need to be effaced, or softened, with some type of ablative procedure like laser or deep peeling (both of which come with risks). One approach with fillers might be to get Sculptra injected for to help create generalized volume in your cheeks and then go in and fine tune with a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane and inject directly into the scars themselves. Virtually any HA filler would work.

Finally, the redness is probably the most straight-forward to treat with vascular lasers like Vbeam Perfecta and should likely be done last.

Gotcha, thank you so much for the recommendations and advice! I sincerely appreciate it!

MemberMember
(@jayes95)

Posted : 03/07/2024 5:09 am

hi man, i have scars like you, maybe even worse..

co2 ablative fractional laser has improved my texture a lot, i did it 5 times and with normal light no one can notice my scars, the problem is the volume loss noticeable with angled light, for this i have been suggested to do subcision + filler and i 'm having my first in 1 week. let you know