Notifications
Clear all

Does scars look deeper after laser?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/05/2021 6:03 pm

I have noticed that the skin has very sunken appearance after laser. Immediately it is plumped for 9 days but at 2 weeks it starts to look sunken in area even where there were no scars, it mean they dont look like scars but looks slightly sunken as if there is collagen loss

FYI I had erbium ablative laser and some areas with full ablative laser

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/05/2021 6:59 pm

For me, for the scars that got some improvement, they looked better after the first week to two weeks. Then they gradually looked a little worse - but still better than before treatment. For the scars that didn't get any improvement, there were no changes except for the redness and hyperpigmentation that followed.

I've said this before: lasers can cause new scarring. This is the only time when some areas look worse and then get better. I still have the scars (new ones) although they look minor now. This is the risk of laser treatment.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 06/05/2021 8:21 pm

Thanks Amanda for your input on this. How many sessions of laser had you done and the depth used by doctor?

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 06/06/2021 12:36 am

The PIH or PIE might make skin look worse than before.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 06/06/2021 1:57 am

6 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

For me, for the scars that got some improvement, they looked better after the first week to two weeks. Then they gradually looked a little worse - but still better than before treatment. For the scars that didn't get any improvement, there were no changes except for the redness and hyperpigmentation that followed.

I've said this before: lasers can cause new scarring. This is the only time when some areas look worse and then get better. I still have the scars (new ones) although they look minor now. This is the risk of laser treatment.

Did your redness and PIH go away ? I have slight redness and PIH, 2 and half months after fractional CO2 , nothing terrible but surely this doesnt make me happy , dr told me it will goaway, but if i have it after 8 weeks its prolonged healing so naturalyim worried little bit . Of course i asked this dr before treatment he said dont worry , u re white male with thick skin , i use standart setting nothing will happen , now whoops it can happen saw it few times , suddenly Lol

MemberMember
(@ikermourinho99gmail-com)

Posted : 06/06/2021 2:21 am

16 minutes ago, Miro said:

Did your redness and PIH go away ? I have slight redness and PIH, 2 and half months after fractional CO2 , nothing terrible but surely this doesnt make me happy , dr told me it will goaway, but if i have it after 8 weeks its prolonged healing so naturalyim worried little bit . Of course i asked this dr before treatment he said dont worry , u re white male with thick skin , i use standart setting nothing will happen , now whoops it can happen saw it few times , suddenly Lol

I had three fractional CO2 treatments, first and second i had some redness and discoloration and then some slight PIH - very light i would say - it was gone within 2 months, so no problem , after third treatment my doctor went little more aggresive , i had treatment in beginning of january and i said to myself ok, sixmonths no sun , spf 50, and then i enjoy summer, but this time some discoloration and PIH persisted .Iwould say at the end of june it was gone, but i was afraid of sun. Summer was off for me, i wore hatand spf 50 every day, no beach , no swimming. In autumm i had 4 TCA 15% peelings spaced month eachto get things even little better. It is all gone , but i read online that if this happens , sunbathing can always be a problem for you, pigment can come back. Of course worse thing is that laser didnt give me any reasonable improvement, so comlications wasnt worth it. It doesn mean of course laser will not work for someone else.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 06/08/2021 1:30 am

On 6/5/2021 at 11:57 PM, Miro said:

Yes, redness and PIH went away on their own without any products but for me (mixed race), it took 2-3 months.

MemberMember
(@leilazarhotmail-com)

Posted : 06/09/2021 12:19 pm

yes, laser ruined my skin that even a year and half later I'm trying to fix the fat loss from the laser. a lot of docs say lasers dont cause fat loss, yes it does and many have experienced it. stay away from lasers. not predictable.