Notifications
Clear all

My experience so far with Venus Viva (RF)

MemberMember
(@frostbitten)

Posted : 05/31/2021 7:20 am

So first off I'd like to say that I'm aware that there are better options for treating acne scars. In the near future, I plan on looking for a more aggressive treatment/plan but at the time I was really looking for something that required very little downtime, even knowing that it might not give me the best results. The doctor mentioned that Venus Viva required basically less than a day of recovery, with only some residual redness. I have the money and I'm willing to try some stuff, so I said sure. It's not really something that's going to do much for deep scars, but it can help with shallower scars and texture.

It's still early; my 2nd treatment was 2 weeks ago. The first was one month before that. I believe it takes about 6 months to see the "full" results of the treatments and I can post some before/afters then as well if anyone is interested.

There's surprisingly few posts (here or anywhere else) about Venus Viva so I thought I'd make this post for reference.

A few notes:

• I had recently started using tretinoin in the before pics and it was making my skin look very red and overall just worse in general. The treatments helped a lot with redness, but some of the color difference came from just not using tretinoin anymore (for now).
  • I lost a lot of weight between these before and afters. The before pictures were taken in in October 2020 and the afters were taken today (May 2021). My scars were likely worse just before my first treatment than they were back when I was heavier and held more fat in my face.

I really tried to get the absolute worst possible lighting to capture my scars (light source below my face). I also tried to recreate the lighting as best as I possibly could for the after photos. It's not perfect but it's close.

Left:

left.png.75107e60554dbc3efcd143730882f92b.png

Subtle lighting differences but the shadows are in the same places. The reduced redness also makes a difference. I have definitely seen some improvement in my left side which can be seen in the mirror as well as photos.

Right:

right.png.4095e0e38daa1fcbc27387b6899d9303.png

Some improvement here as well. That really deep one near the cheekbone has filled in a bit. Again, the reduced redness makes a difference too.

I still have at least one more treatment to go. It's nothing earth-shattering but I will say that I'm pleasantly surprised. I went into this knowing that there was a possibility that I could see virtually no difference at all. Hope this has provided some insight to you all. Still got a way to go but I think this is a good start. :)

Member Admin
(@ishayat)

Posted : 05/31/2021 7:53 am

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

MemberMember
(@lingolinglibrahotmail-com)

Posted : 10/05/2021 7:00 pm

How painful was it? What kind of anesthesia did he give you? Thanks!