Notifications
Clear all

can a 2 Decade Acne Scar still be healed?

MemberMember
(@svmayolgmail-com)

Posted : 05/27/2021 1:03 am

Hi,

Would like to ask your expertise on how can e eliminate these acne scars that i am carrying for almost 2 decade.

and what is the most effective solution for my case.

(photo showing my Right and left face)

thank you

image.png.bd3b7e2d351f0b5600f539c0bfdaa52d.png

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/27/2021 2:48 pm

13 hours ago, thelastdon said:

Would like to ask your expertise on how can e eliminate these acne scars that i am carrying for almost 2 decade.

Yes, they're treatable. With patience, you will gradually see improvement in 2-3 years (which is nothing compared to 2 decades, right?) 

13 hours ago, thelastdon said:

and what is the most effective solution for my case.

You pretty much have all 3 scar types: Boxcar, rolling and icepick (see below). Moreover, they all display clear outline of scar border. Fading those scar borders alone will give you at least 50% (or even more) improvement. Filling the indentation using dermal filler or other collagen-enhancing treatments will bring that figure up even more.

But you must first understand little bit about scar itself. What we see as scars are not really the indentation. It's the SHADOW created by the scar border. Once the border is gone, the shadow will be gone as well and without shadows, the visibility of the scar will be greatly minimized. You can see this for yourself by analyzing your own pictures above.

As for treatments, I suggest high-strength TCA to begin with. Try to flatten or eliminate as much scar edges as possible. Laser and fillers can be introduced later to enhance collagen and fill the pits. Remember, this will be a long journey, not a short trip to your gas station. Be prepared mentally since there will be days when you will be questioning yourself and the treatment process. My advice: you need to tough it out, otherwise those last 2 decades of pain will only be in vain.

image.png.77494ce00ec24a424c61375ca2a451e8.png

MemberMember
(@svmayolgmail-com)

Posted : 05/27/2021 9:00 pm

Thank you @Serius Lee for your inuts.

i have decided to consult a local dermatologist and will hear their advice. he has clinic that offers scar subscision, dermastamp with PRP.

another clinic has the Discovery Pico Plus laser, smaxel smart laser, Fotona Dynamis ,ultracel machine or mesoesthetic peels for their acne scar services.

Discovery Pico Plus is the most advanced, most powerful pigment laser and acne scar treatment worldwide, it is also termed as the ferrari of all lasers, it is a second generation Pico lasers. according to the Dr i inquired which he advices to me.

thank you

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/28/2021 3:47 pm

Looking forward to following along. Since you have what I would call "average" scarring and a combo of scar types, I'm betting they will advise using either ablative or fractional ablative lasers. Curious how it goes.

And as a side note, make sure you feel really good about who is performing the procedure on you. If you have even an inkling of doubt, get a second opinion.

MemberMember
(@salientdouble)

Posted : 05/31/2021 4:24 pm

I would Spend my Money on Other Things than expensive procedures. You have mild scarring, so it makes No sense to me.

MemberMember
(@nikkigirl)

Posted : 06/03/2021 11:04 am

You can always grow a beard.....it is a lot cheeper........i would suggest to save your money until something better comes along.....i did the laser treatment.....fillers ect ect and not much has improved......seems like everybody is focused on Covid and not on anything else.