Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Adriansuckerberg

HELP! Please, i want to die

Recommended Posts

Hello, please help me. I know this is imposible, but what’s te best treatment that I can apply to me face? Al least just to improve 10% or less. Is it possible to reduce it till the marks doesn’t look that deep?. I don’t care if I have to apply injections in mi face , I just need the brutal honest :(. I’m sad, I don’t know if I can continue knowing that I will have them for ever. The first one is in mi cheek and the others in my forehead.  

 

help
D0DA9864-20E7-4295-B763-2554F6F51196.png.614e008e2b106816d5c515a353711485.png 

50F2C777-41B6-4C78-AA88-F2EB17697ABE.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi mate, these scars are perfectly treatable, don't lose hope! I could hypothesise a treatment plan if you like, but they are a little bit different to the scars of my own I've been having (successful but gradual) treatment on, and I'm not a dermatologist/specialist, so I'm hesitant to recommend 'get xyz done', as its always best to listen to them, and my experiences would be different.

What country/area are you in? Perhaps I/we can help you find a specialist, and secondly, how much research have you done on scars? Because secondly, can try help you learn more about these scars. Do you know the difference between boxcar, rolling, etc, and some of the treatments for these? E.g. subcision, RF needling, TCA, filler, etc? If not, I can try and find you some resources.

 

1 hour ago, Adriansuckerberg said:

that I can apply to me face?

1 hour ago, Adriansuckerberg said:

if I have to apply injections in mi face

When you say 'I,' I hope you mean a specialist. There's not really much you can personally do at home - at least not the most significant treatments. 

I by no means aim to downplay the mental health effects that these scars are inflicting upon you, but personally I don't think they are nearly as bad as you think, and fortunately only occupy a small area! That said, above all, they are treatable, it is not worth hating life over something that you can change. Just understand it will take a bit of time, and money. Feel free to reply or message me if you need to talk, about anything, and I'm sure others here can offer more specific solutions to your scars at hand, however the main thing is finding a specialist for yourself.

 

Edited by Flooressence
Link to post
Share on other sites

For the bigger scars, you can consider excising them. Excision means cutting out a scar and then stitching it back up so that the replacement scar is a line. Hopefully the linear scar is much better looking. Sometimes the resulting scar is worse, but if you go to a well-qualified plastic surgeon, the chances of making a big scar look better is high. I've seen some people report that their new scar is sunken or has a divot. This is a risk but please talk to your plastic surgeon. Afterwards, some doctors recommend performing laser treatment over the linear scar to smooth it out. Lasers are no guarantee but I've seen this work on some people.

For the smaller crater scars, look into TCA Cross. TCA will make the borders less apparent and the scar less deep through multiple treatments. The risk is that the scar will end up being a little wider while at the same time becoming shallower. 

Subcision is another popular procedure but it's hard to tell if you have rolling scars based on your pictures. 

The tricky thing is that there are not many scar experts - especially in countries outside of the US. Many doctors don't perform TCA and subcision.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

In my opinion, for the scars on your cheek, punch elevations would give you the biggest value for your money, and they are also the fastest way to get results. It is a surgical procedure though, so you would have to find someone who has done this procedure many many times before and has photos to prove it.

Edit. Punch elevations could work for a couple of scars on your forehead as well, but it's hard to tell from the photo.

Edited by freshman
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, freshman said:

In my opinion, for the scars on your cheek, punch elevations would give you the biggest value for your money, and they are also the fastest way to get results. It is a surgical procedure though, so you would have to find someone who has done this procedure many many times before and has photos to prove it.

Edit. Punch elevations could work for a couple of scars on your forehead as well, but it's hard to tell from the photo.

Can you explain when someone should go for punch excision instead of TCA cross? Can't several sessions of TCA cross achieve what punch excision tends to achieve?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was talking about punch elevations. OP has the right kind of scars. I wouldn't do tca cross here, because it would take multiple sessions and it would still not achieve as good of a result as you can get with punch elevations from a single session. TCA cross is for icepick scars mainly. The scars that are pretty deep and round, with defined borders, like the OP has on his cheek are best suited for punch elevations. I would not consider punch excisions here, because the scars are wide enough so that punch elevations are definitely possible, and in my experience, punch elevations carry much lower risk of complications and additional scarring than punch excisions.

When it comes to comparing TCA cross and punch excision, I have to say I don't have much personal experience with TCA cross. In theory, punch excision can trade an ice pick for a linear scar, which a lot of people don't like. I would prefer a small, white linear scar over a hole any day. On whether TCA cross can achieve the same results after multiple sessions, I can only hope so. TCA carries risks of its own though. For myself, I would try to excise the worst possible ice pick scars I have, then do TCA cross on the rest.

Everyone on the forum seems to be going in the direction of subcision/TCA cross. Not that that's bad, but there are other options when it comes to scar treatments, that are no worse than these two, but no one ever talks about them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, freshman said:

 

Everyone on the forum seems to be going in the direction of subcision/TCA cross. Not that that's bad, but there are other options when it comes to scar treatments, that are no worse than these two, but no one ever talks about them.

Ok what is alternative to subcision ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That depends on the way the scar looks, some types of rolling scars can even be treated with punch elevations+ablative procedure. Others can benefit just from fillers.

I'm not a doctor, but from my experience, subcision did nothing at all for me. For my own rolling scars I would stick to fillers. Plenty of times people have the right type of scars for fillers, but they bother with multiple treatments of subcision trying to fix their scars. But to each their own, I guess. People have seen good results with subcision too, I just wish the advice people get here wasn't so universal - subcision for rolling scars, TCA cross for ice picks/boxcars. These methods are fine, but there are others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freshman said:

That depends on the way the scar looks, some types of rolling scars can even be treated with punch elevations+ablative procedure. Others can benefit just from fillers.

I'm not a doctor, but from my experience, subcision did nothing at all for me. For my own rolling scars I would stick to fillers. Plenty of times people have the right type of scars for fillers, but they bother with multiple treatments of subcision trying to fix their scars. But to each their own, I guess. People have seen good results with subcision too, I just wish the advice people get here wasn't so universal - subcision for rolling scars, TCA cross for ice picks/boxcars. These methods are fine, but there are others.

Well people trust drs, i agree with you that sometimes best thing is maybe to just fill the dent , but im not dr , also i agree that instead doing 5 lasers , 10 rmfs , fill it once in 18 months and thats it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, freshman said:

I was talking about punch elevations. OP has the right kind of scars. I wouldn't do tca cross here, because it would take multiple sessions and it would still not achieve as good of a result as you can get with punch elevations from a single session. TCA cross is for icepick scars mainly. The scars that are pretty deep and round, with defined borders, like the OP has on his cheek are best suited for punch elevations. I would not consider punch excisions here, because the scars are wide enough so that punch elevations are definitely possible, and in my experience, punch elevations carry much lower risk of complications and additional scarring than punch excisions.

When it comes to comparing TCA cross and punch excision, I have to say I don't have much personal experience with TCA cross. In theory, punch excision can trade an ice pick for a linear scar, which a lot of people don't like. I would prefer a small, white linear scar over a hole any day. On whether TCA cross can achieve the same results after multiple sessions, I can only hope so. TCA carries risks of its own though. For myself, I would try to excise the worst possible ice pick scars I have, then do TCA cross on the rest.

Everyone on the forum seems to be going in the direction of subcision/TCA cross. Not that that's bad, but there are other options when it comes to scar treatments, that are no worse than these two, but no one ever talks about them.

Please ask your doctor about punch excisions if they are more than 2mm in diameter. An oval cut instead of a circular one may be better for aesthetic purposes.

For the big scars, yes, I would really consider an excision. However, this is only my personal opinion and you need to prepare to be able to deal with a linear scar.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×