Notifications
Clear all

Phenol Chemabrasion done

MemberMember
(@lany)

Posted : 05/22/2021 9:50 am

Hello,

I saw many people are wondering aboutPhenol Chemabrasion with Dr. Rullan, you are free to ask anyquestions.

I benefited a lot from this forum and your posts, so I would like to help.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/22/2021 11:23 am

U had Phenol peel with Rullan ?

MemberMember
(@charisma786)

Posted : 05/22/2021 12:37 pm

2 hours ago, Lany said:

Hello,

I saw many people are wondering aboutPhenol Chemabrasion with Dr. Rullan, you are free to ask anyquestions.

I benefited a lot from this forum and your posts, so I would like to help.

I plan on getting this done soon. How did it go for you?

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 05/23/2021 12:31 am

I got this done with Rullan last month. Most of my scars are still there. I'm waiting 3 months post-procedure to post my experience/how I felt about the results.

MemberMember
(@lany)

Posted : 05/23/2021 12:09 pm

@MiroYes, few weeks ago

@gynoscarYes, I still can see some scars, but overall I see it more under specific lighting and the shadow, in direct lighting it looks pretty good. I even didn't have a month,don't wanna judge my results yet, still hope that some scars will fill up more. Also, keep I mind that if you still have redness, it does make scars look much worse.

I had the same idea, to post picture after 2-3months. My skin is mess now, Dr. Rullan also did touch ups for white lines a week later and I got surge of acne because of healing ointments.

@CharismaTreatment itself for 2 days is bearable (not super painful), I was told I have high pain tolerance though. In my opinion the real nightmare process is after, very uncomfortable. 1st 4 days were painful in fire and then on day 5th instead of painful it became super itchy, it was especially bad until day 9. Only on day 9 I was allowed to remove green mask. Allegra they recommended did nothing for me, also keep in mind not under any circumstances you cannot scratch your face,even it it is itchy, if you rip off yourgreen mask accidentally, you can end up with new scars. I was scared to scratch myself accidentally during sleep and was not able to sleep well for 9 days. At the end office recommended me prednisone pills fo itchiness, but I decided not to take it (Were already taking too many pills and it was day 7 maybe). Prednisone pills are not included in the basic list of medications they askyou to buy, maybe it isgood idea to ask office for thisprescription and get it in advance. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@lany)

Posted : 05/23/2021 12:38 pm

Also, if someone is interested,in my opinion I have very similar scarring as screwscars, at least it looks the same to me on the photos( maybe in reality, it is different). I don't think I will have the same flawless result as she though. One of the reason for this to be fair, I didhave manual scars preparation prior phenol, but it wasn't as extensive as her preparation.

I did 3 subcissions, 2 TCA Cross, 2 Erbium, 2 PRF, done with Dr. Rullan.Prior thoseI was regularly doing Microneedling at home,peels, also I was using tazorac(0.1 gel), vitamin C, peptides.

I didn't think that phenol chemabrasion will fully remove my scars and give me glass skin, my purpose wasgetting fresh start and better overall skin completion.I had a lot of sun damage, pigmentation, started to notice slight wrinkle on the forehead, all these factors contributed and made my skin look bad overall.Also, personal circumstances played a role.The most important, it isWFH(COVID).I'm not sure, when next time I will have opportunity for that much downtime(Other treatments don't require that much downtime).

After my skin heals, I will see, where I can go from there, I still have plans to do more treatments.

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 06/16/2021 9:54 pm

On 5/23/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lany said:

Also, if someone is interested,in my opinion I have very similar scarring as screwscars, at least it looks the same to me on the photos( maybe in reality, it is different). I don't think I will have the same flawless result as she though. One of the reason for this to be fair, I didhave manual scars preparation prior phenol, but it wasn't as extensive as her preparation.

I did 3 subcissions, 2 TCA Cross, 2 Erbium, 2 PRF, done with Dr. Rullan.Prior thoseI was regularly doing Microneedling at home,peels, also I was using tazorac(0.1 gel), vitamin C, peptides.

I didn't think that phenol chemabrasion will fully remove my scars and give me glass skin, my purpose wasgetting fresh start and better overall skin completion.I had a lot of sun damage, pigmentation, started to notice slight wrinkle on the forehead, all these factors contributed and made my skin look bad overall.Also, personal circumstances played a role.The most important, it isWFH(COVID).I'm not sure, when next time I will have opportunity for that much downtime(Other treatments don't require that much downtime).

After my skin heals, I will see, where I can go from there, I still have plans to do more treatments.

Hey Lany. Wondering if you can give us an update about your phenol peel? Im seriously considering on having it done in August.