Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amnesiac

Supplements to take before dermabrasion?

Well i'm probably having my dermabrasion in april, punch floats on march.

I am currently takin 2,500mg of vit C everyday so i can start builidng up my healing capabilities y also want to use other things.

From what i have gathered Vit E is a big no no.

I want to take colostrum since it helps regenerate skin and heal wound from withing, wich is basically the most important part of dermabrasion the healing phase.

Does anyone know if colostrum can be consumed before dermabrasion? What else would be helpful?

Thanks

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

I think hyaluronic acid multi vitamin (combined with vit c, a, and msm available at vitamin world) can be beneficial too. At least that's what some people say.

You could check my thread about this in this scar treatment forum.

I'm taking both the HA supplements and the colostrum 650mg to help heal my TCA wounds.

No, just don't keep taking so much after you finally heal. About colostrum: don't just ingest it, actually apply it to your face, you'll be amazed at how well your skin will heal.

Do you take Colostrum orally or topically? Is the topical a cream/gel form? There are several different types of this product when I googled it. What brand and which type is most effective? Also, where can you readily purchase this?

Has anyone heard of Sytropin HGH (Human Growth Hormone)? It comes in spray form, which you spray on the inside of your mouth. I highly doubt the credibility of any of these products as they're not clinically proven or published in highly regarded medical journals, but wouldn't hurt to try being so close to my dermabrasion procedure.

I would just make sure that you are getting enough basic vitamins from a supplement like One A Day. If you have any major concerns then I would speak to Dr. Y to find out what he does and doesn't recommend.

I personally don't think you should bother taking supplements just to speed up your healing process. I doubt there is a difference. At your age your body will do all the healing it needs so long as you keep a steady diet.

I spoke to a Dr. about vitamin C. She gave it to me in very technical terms, which I cannot recite but I can give you the gist of what she told me. Your body can only absorb so much vitamin C, then the excess becomes useless and exits the body with every bathroom visit. You can make sure you get enough of it, but you should likely only start taking it a week before surgery. There were two reasons she told me, the first being the body accepts it better in large quantities right after taking it rather than after a pro-longed period. Second, too much isn't good, it can cause liver or kidney problems (I can't remember which of the organs she mentioned). I think she said something about arteries too. So too much can be adverse.