Notifications
Clear all

the elephant in the room regarding acne scar treatments

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/10/2021 10:53 am

One of the elephants in the room that nobody wants to address regarding acne scar treatment is that most people are swollen immediately after the procedure. That's when most of these after photos are taken, and rarely does someone actually put dates or times or some type of disclaimer saying hey I was swollen in this picture. Usually, people write reviews immediately after the procedure and they don't follow up and say oh by the way my face was swollen in that photo and I look different now. Is that because of embarrassment or shock? Doctors oftentimes don't even tell you that there is a swelling that happens after the procedure. They probably want you to be so happy that you end up just writing a glowing review for them and then if you try reaching out to them afterwards you may not even get a response.

People here have mixed to unfavorable opinions on lasers, but I found that it worked for me and was super affordable. If I had continued giving money to a famous dr and listening to people here who told me to "run" when I said I was getting laser, I may have put myself into debt paying for treatments that did not work.

What an amazing coincidence that the dr I went to said to not pay for lasers ever, and that I should keep coming to him, but could not give me a response of how many treatments I would need or why does my face look the same after 6 months.

People are using their life savings to travel and miss work for famous drs, but it's possible someone in your neck of the woods may have the skills to treat you.

MemberMember
(@wish-we-could-go-back-in-time)

Posted : 05/10/2021 11:07 am

13 minutes ago, mariadulce23 said:

People are using their life savings to travel and miss work for famous drs, but it's possible someone in your neck of the woods may have the skills to treat you.

im at a point of giving up, spent all my money dont see any improvement

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/10/2021 11:11 am

1 minute ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

I am sorry you have been through that. It's not fair.

And this is the situation I am talking about. People are losing money, hope, and sanity. we are told we have to spend 10k, 20k to these experts. But it's not a 100% success rate. How come people doing reviews are doing them 3 days after, not 3 months after? It's almost like a conspiracy at this point.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/10/2021 11:39 am

one thing is for sure, acne scars are permanent, idk if the before and after pics are true, it also depends on the person's ability to heal or whatever but if u have acne scars in the first place ur healing should be shit, i honestly dont know but ive been trying to resolve mine for over a year and still no results, depressed for life

MemberMember
(@ikermourinho99gmail-com)

Posted : 05/10/2021 12:08 pm

1 hour ago, mariadulce23 said:

One of the elephants in the room that nobody wants to address regarding acne scar treatment is that most people are swollen immediately after the procedure. That's when most of these after photos are taken, and rarely does someone actually put dates or times or some type of disclaimer saying hey I was swollen in this picture. Usually, people write reviews immediately after the procedure and they don't follow up and say oh by the way my face was swollen in that photo and I look different now. Is that because of embarrassment or shock? Doctors oftentimes don't even tell you that there is a swelling that happens after the procedure. They probably want you to be so happy that you end up just writing a glowing review for them and then if you try reaching out to them afterwards you may not even get a response.

People here have mixed to unfavorable opinions on lasers, but I found that it worked for me and was super affordable. If I had continued giving money to a famous dr and listening to people here who told me to "run" when I said I was getting laser, I may have put myself into debt paying for treatments that did not work.

What an amazing coincidence that the dr I went to said to not pay for lasers ever, and that I should keep coming to him, but could not give me a response of how many treatments I would need or why does my face look the same after 6 months.

There are few more elephants in the room :-). Yes swelling after treatment is one of them, second after pictures different lightning and angle, third doctors promise you unrealistic improvement, acne scars are for life, but if there would something like 70% improvement possible people could live with that, but doctors cannot deliver that, those are just false promises and they know it.

As for acne scars experts, who is acne scars expert ? I think it should be doctor that will adress every type of your scar individually and starts with subcisions for tethered scars and CROSS technique for icepicks . So called acne scars experts should know this and not to sell you different energy devices at every cost. Lasers or Infini can be done almost anywhere and with good competent doctor you can see same or better results then with acne scars expert that will charge you double.

28 minutes ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

one thing is for sure, acne scars are permanent, idk if the before and after pics are true, it also depends on the person's ability to heal or whatever but if u have acne scars in the first place ur healing should be shit, i honestly dont know but ive been trying to resolve mine for over a year and still no results, depressed for life

Mostly not

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/10/2021 12:20 pm

41 minutes ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

if you want to talk, please dm me. I am sorry you are going through this.

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 05/10/2021 3:38 pm

4 hours ago, mariadulce23 said:

what% of improvement did you get with the laser? what kind of laser? what scars? how many treatments? thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/10/2021 5:18 pm

1 hour ago, suvvolo said:

what% of improvement did you get with the laser? what kind of laser? what scars? how many treatments? thank you very much.

At this point, I would say that if I compare my face now to my face before lasers: 60% improvement in my cheeks and maybe a 30% improvement in temples. Fraxel 1550. 3 treatments. My scars are mostly rolling, some weird clusters that looked like connected trenches on my face. Not icepick, but maybe a few boxcar.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember

Posted : 05/10/2021 7:54 pm

2 hours ago, mariadulce23 said:

At this point, I would say that if I compare my face now to my face before lasers: 60% improvement in my cheeks and maybe a 30% improvement in temples. Fraxel 1550. 3 treatments. My scars are mostly rolling, some weird clusters that looked like connected trenches on my face. Not icepick, but maybe a few boxcar.

Can you share before and after pics? I had 2 sessions of fraxel 1550 and that was the worst decisions ever, had 0% improvement from those sessions, I was even told by several people that laser is not even used for scar treatment, but only for wrinkles, how did you get that much improvement? Maybe u had pigmentation issues mostly

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/11/2021 1:43 am

13 hours ago, Iker99 said:

There are few more elephants in the room :-). Yes swelling after treatment is one of them, second after pictures different lightning and angle, third doctors promise you unrealistic improvement, acne scars are for life, but if there would something like 70% improvement possible people could live with that, but doctors cannot deliver that, those are just false promises and they know it.

As for acne scars experts, who is acne scars expert ? I think it should be doctor that will adress every type of your scar individually and starts with subcisions for tethered scars and CROSS technique for icepicks . So called acne scars experts should know this and not to sell you different energy devices at every cost. Lasers or Infini can be done almost anywhere and with good competent doctor you can see same or better results then with acne scars expert that will charge you double.

Mostly not

Well even morning swelling can make medium , superficial scars disappear

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/11/2021 9:36 am

13 hours ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

Can you share before and after pics? I had 2 sessions of fraxel 1550 and that was the worst decisions ever, had 0% improvement from those sessions, I was even told by several people that laser is not even used for scar treatment, but only for wrinkles, how did you get that much improvement? Maybe u had pigmentation issues mostly

You didn't read my original post where I said 'rolling' 'trenches' etc. I know some people here have a hard-on for being anti-laser, but it worked for me. Its possible that the subcisions I had helped the laser be more effective, but I paid 3500 to an "expert" and looked just as pitted 6 months later. I then went to a normal derm and got fraxel and I notice a huge improvement on certain areas of my face. Don't you dare say that I only had pigmentation issues mostly. Why would I even spend close to 5k total and travel just for pigmentation? Why would I even bother posting here if my issues were just pigmentation that could be covered with make up?

As much as I want to share my story and encourage people to not give up, there's always people like you who leave rude comments. I even had a person tell me there's no way I didn't have improvement from my first two expensive treatments. He tried to argue that I had a 10% improvement, even if I could not see it.

MemberMember
(@scars4life)

Posted : 05/11/2021 10:12 am

11 minutes ago, mariadulce23 said:

You didn't read my original post where I said 'rolling' 'trenches' etc. I know some people here have a hard-on for being anti-laser, but it worked for me. Its possible that the subcisions I had helped the laser be more effective, but I paid 3500 to an "expert" and looked just as pitted 6 months later. I then went to a normal derm and got fraxel and I notice a huge improvement on certain areas of my face. Don't you dare say that I only had pigmentation issues mostly. Why would I even spend close to 5k total and travel just for pigmentation? Why would I even bother posting here if my issues were just pigmentation that could be covered with make up?

As much as I want to share my story and encourage people to not give up, there's always people like you who leave rude comments. I even had a person tell me there's no way I didn't have improvement from my first two expensive treatments. He tried to argue that I had a 10% improvement, even if I could not see it.

I would say that everyones bodyreacts differently. I am sure some people have achievedpositive results with it, maybe its just what your skin needed.

But what is true about these lasers is that it doesnt tackle the issue of scars, its an engineering healing trick that relies on a specific response from yourbody.

From seeing various people going through the process, the most common reaction is that the body simply treats the procedure as an inconvenience and heals the damage done, but doesnt actually do anything extra.

Now in somecases.. the body cant handle it and you end up looking worse, and this is not a one off case.

The potential down side plus the price is the reason I advocate against it.
Sometimes its worse if there is no downside because youre convinced that you have to repeat the sessions to see results, and then you end up hearing the horror stories of the money spent on numeroustreatments with no results.

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/11/2021 10:19 am

5 minutes ago, Scars4Life said:

I would say that everyones bodyreacts differently. I am sure some people have achievedpositive results with it, maybe its just what your skin needed.

But what is true about these lasers is that it doesnt tackle the issue of scars, its an engineering healing trick that relies on a specific response from yourbody.

From seeing various people going through the process, the most common reaction is that the body simply treats the procedure as an inconvenience and heals the damage done, but doesnt actually do anything extra.

Now in somecases.. the body cant handle it and you end up looking worse, and this is not a one off case.

The potential down side plus the price is the reason I advocate against it.
Sometimes its worse if there is no downside because youre convinced that you have to repeat the sessions to see results, and then you end up hearing the horror stories of the money spent on numeroustreatments with no results.

I paid 600 per fraxel, compared to 1750 for an appointment with an "expert" who performed subcision, phenol cross, and microneedling thatdid not give me results.

Going to one of these "experts" is far more expensive, when you take into account missing a week of working and traveling.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/11/2021 11:10 am

50 minutes ago, mariadulce23 said:

I paid 600 per fraxel, compared to 1750 for an appointment with an "expert" who performed subcision, phenol cross, and microneedling thatdid not give me results.

Going to one of these "experts" is far more expensive, when you take into account missing a week of working and traveling.

Not even phenol cross ? How many sessions of phenol cross u had ? I readphenol cross is great for icepicks

MemberMember

Posted : 05/11/2021 11:16 am

Don't you dare say that I only had pigmentation issues mostly.

I said maybe, cant u read?

there's always people like you who leave rude comments.

tf is wrong with u? how am i being rude? i just shared my experience with the same laser you had like you shared yours and I asked for before and afters but didn't demand anything at all. Jesus christ

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/11/2021 11:33 am

12 minutes ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

I said maybe, cant u read?

tf is wrong with u? how am i being rude? i just shared my experience with the same laser you had like you shared yours and I asked for before and afters but didn't demand anything at all. Jesus christ

You were passive aggressive. Don't act obtuse. You can question my reading comprehension all you want, I'm the one seeing results and you apparently aren't. There seems to be a huge anti-laser conspiracy on this thread, to the point where you even stated I potentially mostly had pigment issues, implying I didn't have real textured scarring. Maybe you are jealous I had results and you did not.

I try to share my perspective, not just on lasers, but on the things like cost and pain. Drs are not being upfront about these things, and a community like this might be the only place a person gets a fair warning about the price and pain that you might experience. But if this forum becomes an anti-laser circle jerk, I don't think I'll stay.

I was considering making youtube videos to share my before and after pics, but I dont think it's worth my energy posting anything here anymore.

People can drop tens of thousands on "experts" and take time off work and all that for these new age treatments, avoiding lasers like the plague, while those of us who benefit from lasers will continue to do so.

have a wonderful day

MemberMember

Posted : 05/11/2021 11:46 am

12 minutes ago, mariadulce23 said:

You were passive aggressive. Don't act obtuse. You can question my reading comprehension all you want, I'm the one seeing results and you apparently aren't. There seems to be a huge anti-laser conspiracy on this thread, to the point where you even stated I potentially mostly had pigment issues, implying I didn't have real textured scarring. Maybe you are jealous I had results and you did not.

I try to share my perspective, not just on lasers, but on the things like cost and pain. Drs are not being upfront about these things, and a community like this might be the only place a person gets a fair warning about the price and pain that you might experience. But if this forum becomes an anti-laser circle jerk, I don't think I'll stay.

I was considering making youtube videos to share my before and after pics, but I dont think it's worth my energy posting anything here anymore.

People can drop tens of thousands on "experts" and take time off work and all that for these new age treatments, avoiding lasers like the plague, while those of us who benefit from lasers will continue to do so.

Think I'm gonna quote this before it gets deleted or edited, so people can see it's a troll

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/11/2021 12:33 pm

On 5/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, Wish we could go back in time said:

Hey man you've had only 1 treatment so far do not despare! It takes at least 3 or 4 to see difference. What works best for scars is subcision and tca cross. Everything else is a plus. If the first treatment was expensive maybe get just those two next time. You know my experience with your doctor but I'll still tell you for subcision and tca cross he's ok. Genius and Radiesse are an upsell. They carry more risks.I'll go to a new doctor in my country and will report on my experience with him. Maybe you can go to him next time. He's closer and more affordable. Also, if you don't get the results you want think about this that maybe it's the doctor not you. I'm not buying it that a doctor in the middle of nowhere became a scar expert from yesterday to today.

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/11/2021 12:34 pm

46 minutes ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

Think I'm gonna quote this before it gets deleted or edited, so people can see it's a troll

I have nothing to hide. I am not a troll. What person would spend their time on this forum, or even know about this forum, unless they had scars?

You are just bitter that lasers worked for me, and not for you. Be mad at the dr, not me.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/11/2021 12:42 pm

17 hours ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

About the laser the fraxel restore 1550 is usually good for very superficial scarring if your scars are deep you won't see much difference. The bad things is that doctors won't tell you this frankly but will sell you a few sessions first.

MemberMember

Posted : 05/11/2021 1:16 pm

41 minutes ago, JPK said:

Hey man you've had only 1 treatment so far do not despare! It takes at least 3 or 4 to see difference. What works best for scars is subcision and tca cross. Everything else is a plus. If the first treatment was expensive maybe get just those two next time. You know my experience with your doctor but I'll still tell you for subcision and tca cross he's ok. I'll go to a new doctor in my country and will report on my experience with him. Maybe you can go to him next time. He's closer and more affordable. Also, if you don't get the results you want think about this that maybe it's the doctor not you. I'm not buying it that a doctor in the middle of nowhere became a scar expert from yesterday to today. 

Unfortunately I've had other treatments before like this fraxel 1550 laser for instance that this person says they got 60% improvement with, which for me was a total waste of money, but yea ure right, need a lot more sessions :/ been through these for the past year

MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/11/2021 1:22 pm

4 minutes ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

Unfortunately I've had other treatments before like this fraxel 1550 laser for instance that this person says they got 60% improvement with, which for me was a total waste of money, but yea ure right, need a lot more sessions :/ been through these for the past year

I said 60% on my cheeks and 30% temples. I also said 3 laser treatments. 

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 05/11/2021 1:33 pm

14 minutes ago, Wish we could go back in time said:

Fraxel restore is not the right treatment for majority of scars man understand it. Someone can have results but you dont know what scars they have 

I know this much

Very few people on the forum have had good results with fraxel restore

The best treatments people have seem improvement with however small or mediocre it is are subcision and cross.