Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My regimen currently consists of Clean&Clear SA wash and Clearasil 10% BP. The combination of harsh facial products and the winter season is making my skin become increasingly dry and flaky. Once in awhile my skin will look pretty good for a couple days. Then its back to the reality I guess. I am 18 years old and I've probably used acne products since the 8th grade, but never moisturizer. So...should I try it out? If so, are there any good products you can recommend? Any ideas would be nice.

Guest TylerD

Yes deffinitely. If you are using a 10% that is super drying. You should use a moisturizer for sure. And i recommend Eucerin daily skin renewal or els vichy acne prone skin which is what i use and have great results with it.

I am really oily and I seldom need to moisturize.In the coldest parts of the winter I do two things, I rotate out the bp for SA once every other day, and I do moisturize.I recently discovered NaPCA with Aloe Vera from Twinlab.It is a very light nonoily spray that pulls moisture out of the air.I got it at the Vitamin Shoppe.

You're using SA and BP together which I don't recommend. Anyway, you're using 10% BP which is super drying so for you moisturizing is a definite. Get a moisturizer with AHA in it.

You may not recomment it but it works relatively well. Remember, acne is the one thing that is the most difficult thing to treat because different things work for different people. But thanks for the moisturizer info...anyone else?

From reading the posts on this forum, I've come to know that moisturizing is indeed good. They say that dry skin will only excacerbate acne. Try the non-comedogenic moisturizers with SPF15 or higher. Try the Neutrogena moisturizers with sunblock. They're great.