Notifications
Clear all

Vitamin Deficiency and scarring!

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 05/01/2021 1:02 pm

Hello! Well,my skin until august used to be pretty much amazing.I would get some pimples now and then,i would SMASH them by picking etc and i would only get some scabs that would leave hyperpigmentation that would eventually fade.Never depressed spots,pits and actual scarring!And seriously,i would pop soooo hard.Well,after holidays 2020 i started getting some pimples due to extreme stress i guess.I popped some of them and they left identations,,but pretty shallow.So i said ok,stop popping.I was prescribed tretinoin 0.05% that caused me a purge-and of course every pimple left a scar,without me popping it.Something like shallow boxcars/rolling scars, i really can't tell!Anyway,now even with the tiniest pimple,without popping at all,i am left with intended scarring,and that would never happen a year before!So i thought , OK something must be wrong with my healing,that's not making any sense at all.I mean my friends get pimples too and don't experience that kind of scarring-and i wasn't too.After blood tests i found out i have Vitamin D deficiency.After September,i rarely left home during morning hours.Sun never saw me at all.After googling a little bit i found a bunch of studies and articles that supported Vitamin D plays a vital role in wound healing,healing,skin,immune system and even acne and inflammation.SO my question is this: If my vitamin D gets boosted,if i give my body what it wants,will my fresh scars heal better?All my scars are super fresh,some are even a month or a week old.So,could they "fill in" or "raise" a little bit?In case the scarring(which is mostly very shallow) was caused by this,and considering that i used to heal very nice and I am also young (21). Or I should not hope ? If anyone has any experience or knowledge for this please let me know!!

Also,i am planning on having treatments for my scars,i guess having no deficiencies would help me having better results,right?

here are some photos of my scars! All fresh , they are even red.But these photos show their texture too,especially the one in the harsh overhead lighting.I mean there are identations, not just PIE... So what do you think?

0179D4B8-00F0-4E30-A7BE-FE9E71C5F612.jpeg

19B83FE8-47C0-4143-BF82-EBE63968591D.jpeg

9F011B0E-0B12-4657-857D-C76527049B44.jpeg

BF63BF36-504C-40F6-A18C-0223102B0BB0.jpeg

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 05/13/2021 5:14 pm

It looks like you're breaking out a little. You can't do anything about scars until you're completely clear. First, I would say get on the regimen and get completely clear.

Then, add in AHA+ after 1 month. And then be patient. The redness should subside over time. Just keep the marks out of the sun.

Keep us posted.

MemberMember
(@jinoula10gmail-com)

Posted : 05/14/2021 6:21 am

13 hours ago, Dan said:

It looks like you're breaking out a little. You can't do anything about scars until you're completely clear. First, I would say get on the regimen and get completely clear.

Then, add in AHA+ after 1 month. And then be patient. The redness should subside over time. Just keep the marks out of the sun.

Keep us posted.

hey! My acne is hormonal mostly and happens due to stress - which happens because of my acne scars :'( . I know I can't do anything now but I ' d like to know my chances and choices. Like what severity of scarring do i have,what treatments could help me andhow much (%) improvement i can expect.. I really feel bad about this..

MemberMember
(@pivotalanime)

Posted : 05/15/2021 4:00 pm

You scar does not look bad at all, to me they are all VERY SHALLOW! And since they are all new, you should treat them ASAP! I'm female and I had similar experience of yours. Before 25, I never got indentation from acne, and I always picked my acne. But after 25, I had one time break out and it left me indentations for the first time, I was totally horrified... The indentation is mainly caused by inflammation, and your body did not generate enough collagen to repair the wound, which left a pit there. This might bedue to aging and lack of nutrition. If given me another chance back in 25, I would absolutely treat the scar immediately. I do believe taking supplements can make our body healing better, I personally take vitamine C and D, fish oil, and collagen powder. You can read my posting here where I talked about how to treat early acne scarring. Hope you can get rid of scar soon!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 05/17/2021 1:45 pm

On 5/1/2021 at 11:02 AM, JessicaOlivia said:

Vitamin D plays a vital role in wound healing,healing,skin,immune system and even acne and inflammation.SO my question is this: If my vitamin D gets boosted,if i give my body what it wants,will my fresh scars heal better?

Even though Vitamin D serves many vital functions, it's not as good as Vitamin C, Zinc, and amino acids when it comes to collagen stimulation. Here's a brief summary of what you can expect from D3 (naturally occurring form of Vitamin D from sunlight).

image.png.4e0fa058abdc4600812d38b3a594c4d6.png