Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aces67

Does mineral makeup really improve your skin??

I'm looking for makeup to improve my skin and I have heard alot about mineral makeup. Does it really work? There's a spa in my town that sales Glominerals I'm going there in a little while to buy some pressed base to try out.

Thanks

amanda

I'm looking for makeup to improve my skin and I have heard alot about mineral makeup. Does it really work? There's a spa in my town that sales Glominerals I'm going there in a little while to buy some pressed base to try out.

Thanks

amanda

Guest Pookie
I use bare escentials my skin has deffinately cleared alot since i started useing it.

Hiya Pookie!

That's an excellent way to describe mineral makeup!  A good mineral foundation will only have between 3 - 6 ingredients total, and should be comprised only of naturally-occuring minerals and ingredients like Titanium Dioxide and Mica.  In addition, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide have natural barrier protection against the sun, which means that whenever you're wearing mineral foundation, you have an added layer of sunscreen built right in!  (You should always wear sunscreen, even under mineral makeup, but it's great to know that there's some NATURAL sun protection right in the foundation!)

Take care!

JLynneCosmetics,

You will have mica in ALL of your foundations? shock.gif I'm having a hard time finding a decent mineral foundation that doesn't have mica in it; I just can't stand the shine anymore! It's just too disgusting for my oily skin, and it makes my skin look even more oily. If so, does anyone have any reccomendations for a good mineral makeup without that awful shine (mica)? I know a lot of people have this problem too, so this may help them out as well. Thanks so much.

You will have mica in ALL of your foundations?  shock.gif  I'm having a hard time finding a decent mineral foundation that doesn't have mica in it; I just can't stand the shine anymore!

JLynneCosmetics,

You will have mica in ALL of your foundations?  shock.gif  I'm having a hard time finding a decent mineral foundation that doesn't have mica in it; I just can't stand the shine anymore! It's just too disgusting for my oily skin, and it makes my skin look even more oily. If so, does anyone have any reccomendations for a good mineral makeup without that awful shine (mica)? I know a lot of people have this problem too, so this may help them out as well. Thanks so much.

I myself have oily skin and was thinking about trying mineral makeup.  I did some research and found Mineral Secrets http://www.skinrxclinic.com/mineral_secrets.htm

They claim to be one of the only companies that do not include mica in their mineral makeup.  The best thing is that you are able to buy samples for 8 dollars, which is ideal for myself. If I dont like it, then I wouldnt have wasted too much money. Plus they seem to have shades for darker ethnic complexions.  I have not found mineral makeup for darker african american skin tones.  I hope it works!!!!!

ebsweetie

Thanks

amanda

Mica is what makes my skin red and Irritated, will you have any mineral makeup without the mica?

[/quote

I have two Foundations one with Mica and one without Mica I have found a lot of people don't like the luster that shiney look that mica gives foundation.

Guest Pookie
JLynneCosmetics,

You will have mica in ALL of your foundations?  shock.gif  I'm having a hard time finding a decent mineral foundation that doesn't have mica in it; I just can't stand the shine anymore! It's just too disgusting for my oily skin, and it makes my skin look even more oily. If so, does anyone have any reccomendations for a good mineral makeup without that awful shine (mica)? I know a lot of people have this problem too, so this may help them out as well. Thanks so much.