Notifications
Clear all

Is it worth going to acne scar experts considering risk:reward? - For acne revision starters

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/17/2021 6:50 am

I have always noticed no matter the expert you choose you would notbe able to get high returns in a single session and the question is whether even it is logical to spend on travel lodging etc to see that expert. I mean it is fine if you live around that place. Plus they charge a lot of premium as well in their pricing.

for newbies who are starting their acne scar journey its always best to look for acne scar experts locally that way they would be able to stick to their regimen and not wasting time or money. Just know what treatment would be best suited for your scars and then try to find an expert locally for that treatment. Treating scars is combination of both time and financial commitment and a very expensive one. So better to go to an expert locally for that procedure. Just make sure the provider can provide you a good number of before and after and is an expert for that treatment, he doesnt have to be popular on this forum for you to go to him.

as it is clear the percentage of improvement is barely 5 to 10 percent per session so why spend so much just because they have a name on this forum.

Thoughts......

MemberMember
(@kyle-ogradyhotmail-com)

Posted : 04/17/2021 2:19 pm

I disagree with your post because Ijust got amazing results in 1 session, but I went aggressive with my treatment. I had a ton of tethering, so Taylor liberator made sense for me. Taylor liberator is more aggressive than cannula but gets way better results. I find people on this forum are either uneducated about it, or just have a much lower risk tolerance (which, by the way, almost any side effectthat can happen with TL is treatable). I saw one patient over a ton of research who developed jowels from it, but she didnt have an experienced scar doctor so thats why an expert would be ideal to perform that procedure.

I also had boxcars and wrinkles to deal with, which respond well to laser/micro RF in the right hands, so I did Genius RF AND erbium in the same session (the genius targets deeper than the erbium).

so, basically my scars are no longer tethered and I got an overallgreat result in 1 session. I still have scarring on my worst area, but my derm doesnt think it needs subcision anymore, so I actuallysaved some money by not doing 3 cannula sessions.

my point it - would I feel comfortable doing allof this in 1 session with someone who isnt an acne scar expert? Absolutely not.

so if you want the best bang for your buck (but higher upfront cost), I would recommend this over testing the waters with several minor procedures with minor improvement. Thats just my opinion though. Good luck

MemberMember
(@flores-jonathan310gmail-com)

Posted : 05/08/2021 2:24 am

Who did you get the Taylor liberator subcision with?

MemberMember
(@preditorfighter)

Posted : 05/08/2021 7:54 am

On 4/17/2021 at 1:50 PM, getsmart121 said:

I have always noticed no matter the expert you choose you would notbe able to get high returns in a single session and the question is whether even it is logical to spend on travel lodging etc to see that expert. I mean it is fine if you live around that place. Plus they charge a lot of premium as well in their pricing.

for newbies who are starting their acne scar journey its always best to look for acne scar experts locally that way they would be able to stick to their regimen and not wasting time or money. Just know what treatment would be best suited for your scars and then try to find an expert locally for that treatment. Treating scars is combination of both time and financial commitment and a very expensive one. So better to go to an expert locally for that procedure. Just make sure the provider can provide you a good number of before and after and is an expert for that treatment, he doesnt have to be popular on this forum for you to go to him.

as it is clear the percentage of improvement is barely 5 to 10 percent per session so why spend so much just because they have a name on this forum.

Thoughts......

I would do it the same way, if you have complications you have to always fly back to get it solved. Sometimes doctors block you and then you have to sue them afterwards. If you search for a local derm you can always visit him

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 05/08/2021 8:12 am

On 4/17/2021 at 9:19 PM, Rickyduds said:

I disagree with your post because Ijust got amazing results in 1 session, but I went aggressive with my treatment. I had a ton of tethering, so Taylor liberator made sense for me. Taylor liberator is more aggressive than cannula but gets way better results. I find people on this forum are either uneducated about it, or just have a much lower risk tolerance (which, by the way, almost any side effectthat can happen with TL is treatable). I saw one patient over a ton of research who developed jowels from it, but she didnt have an experienced scar doctor so thats why an expert would be ideal to perform that procedure.

I also had boxcars and wrinkles to deal with, which respond well to laser/micro RF in the right hands, so I did Genius RF AND erbium in the same session (the genius targets deeper than the erbium).

so, basically my scars are no longer tethered and I got an overallgreat result in 1 session. I still have scarring on my worst area, but my derm doesnt think it needs subcision anymore, so I actuallysaved some money by not doing 3 cannula sessions.

my point it - would I feel comfortable doing allof this in 1 session with someone who isnt an acne scar expert? Absolutely not.

so if you want the best bang for your buck (but higher upfront cost), I would recommend this over testing the waters with several minor procedures with minor improvement. Thats just my opinion though. Good luck

Pics or it didnt happen

MemberMember
(@scars4life)

Posted : 05/08/2021 12:12 pm

3 hours ago, Miro said:

Pics or it didnt happen

Lol Miro, I like your style.

In music we have this unlearnablegift called Perfect Pitch, and theres always someone who claims theyve learnt it as an adult.Until theyre put on trial and admit, well it doesnt always work.

Not saying that this is the case with this lol, but its true there are very few validated results that Ive seen where the difference is night and day. Also gotto be careful with swelling, she will lie to you.

Miro liked
MemberMember
(@ma-gomezgal9gmail-com)

Posted : 05/10/2021 10:49 am

Many of these acne scar experts still won't address the elephant in the room: post treatment swelling. That's when their after photos are taken

Gelko liked