Notifications
Clear all

Phenol cross vs tca cross discussion

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/17/2021 4:03 am

I am posting this thread to really get an idea and different opinions on how the acne scar heals up. Here is what is known about tca cross , tca cross works by stimulating collagen and making the scars wider but at the same time reduce depth of pitted scar.

in case of phenol cross it doesnt gets widerbut it does stimulates collagen.

Now comparing both methods phenol cross doesnt make sense as it is not widening the scar hence it is probably not filling up the collagen much. And should have poorer cosmetic outcome for the same sessions of tca cross and phenol cross.

Opinions!

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/17/2021 5:16 am

1 hour ago, getsmart121 said:

I am posting this thread to really get an idea and different opinions on how the acne scar heals up. Here is what is known about tca cross , tca cross works by stimulating collagen and making the scars wider but at the same time reduce depth of pitted scar.

in case of phenol cross it doesnt gets widerbut it does stimulates collagen.

Now comparing both methods phenol cross doesnt make sense as it is not widening the scar hence it is probably not filling up the collagen much. And should have poorer cosmetic outcome for the same sessions of tca cross and phenol cross.

Opinions!

Where did u get this from ? That purpose of TCA CROSS or CROSS technique is to make scars wider ?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/17/2021 6:35 am

1 hour ago, Miro said:

Where did u get this from ? That purpose of TCA CROSS or CROSS technique is to make scars wider ?

Its everywhere on this forum, anyone who has done tca cross had this common complication. Scars become wider but shallower. I have personally noticed on some of my scars.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/17/2021 6:51 am

10 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

Its everywhere on this forum, anyone who has done tca cross had this common complication. Scars become wider but shallower. I have personally noticed on some of my scars.

I talked to people they had TCA and their scars didnt get wider , its unwanted effect , as u pointed out its complication , permanent widening of the scar after TCA is bad, thats whyRullan uses phenol cross , in EuropeClara Boudny Freyuses phenol , Dr Hazany in USA started to use phenol too cause 1 of 5 of hispatients had widening from TCA cross.

You liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/17/2021 6:55 am

1 minute ago, Miro said:

I talked to people they had TCA and their scars didnt get wider , its unwanted effect , as u pointed out its complication , permanent widening of the scar after TCA is bad, thats whyRullan uses phenol cross , in EuropeClara Boudny Freyuses phenol , Dr Hazany in USA started to use phenol too cause 1 of 5 of hispatients had widening from TCA cross.

Thanks for the point out, I thought this is more common complication of tca cross...but it does become shallower and then you can laser the edges...so not sure why is it a bad thing in either case you win but I agree if it just makes it wider and depth remains same then its definitely a problem.

do you mean wider without becoming shallower?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/17/2021 6:59 am

2 minutes ago, getsmart121 said:

Thanks for the point out, I thought this is more common complication of tca cross...but it does become shallower and then you can laser the edges...so not sure why is it a bad thing in either case you win but I agree if it just makes it wider and depth remains same then its definitely a problem.

do you mean wider without becoming shallower?

I mean wider , scars after cross look worse for few weeks then they get better , but permanent widening is bad side effect , phenol according to Rullan and study from Brasil gets same improvement as TCA but without widening scar

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26849087/ study :

Hypochromia and enlargement scar were only seen after the use of 90% TCA.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/17/2021 7:11 am

10 minutes ago, Miro said:

I mean wider , scars after cross look worse for few weeks then they get better , but permanent widening is bad side effect , phenol according to Rullan and study from Brasil gets same improvement as TCA but without widening scar

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26849087/ study :

Hypochromia and enlargement scar were only seen after the use of 90% TCA.

Lol wish we could atleast get a low percentage of phenol cross for sale online like we do in case of tca cross.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 04/17/2021 9:01 am

Scar widening is a side effect, you don'twant it to happen. I stopped doing tca cross because it happened to me.

I'd probably look for someone who does phenol cross if I decided to try it again.

Starlite liked
MemberMember
(@starlite)

Posted : 04/20/2021 4:03 pm

I never had my scar widen with TCA cross, I only ever saw no improvement or the scar grew smaller or more shallow. My scars only widened when I received laser or peels.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 04/20/2021 5:57 pm

My scars definitely widen after 1 session of tca 90%. I feel the results were a lot more dramatic compared to phenol cross.

I had 1 session of tca and 4 session of phenol. The TCA results were a lot noticable (wider and shallower) compared to phenol when looking at older pics.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 04/30/2021 11:42 am

On 4/21/2021 at 12:57 AM, gynoscar said:

My scars definitely widen after 1 session of tca 90%. I feel the results were a lot more dramatic compared to phenol cross.

I had 1 session of tca and 4 session of phenol. The TCA results were a lot noticable (wider and shallower) compared to phenol when looking at older pics.

Also i wanted to say, that it doesnt mean that TCA will always make scars wider, but it can happen, i ve been talking to few people, and f.e. one of em told me she had a treatment with Dr Emil and TCA didnt widen her scars and she saw some really good results, also one patient had TCA cross done by Chu in England and also nice results, but to say purpose of TCA is widen the scar and make it shallower is pile of horseshit from BA .

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 04/30/2021 3:58 pm

4 hours ago, Miro said:

Also i wanted to say, that it doesnt mean that TCA will always make scars wider, but it can happen, i ve been talking to few people, and f.e. one of em told me she had a treatment with Dr Emil and TCA didnt widen her scars and she saw some really good results, also one patient had TCA cross done by Chu in England and also nice results, but to say purpose of TCA is widen the scar and make it shallower is pile of horseshit from BA .

I guess everyone is different. I definitely do see my scar being wider and shallower after TCA. It's not a bad thing. My scars had very defining walls which made it super ugly.