Notifications
Clear all

Combining TCA peel 20 percent and dermastamp 1.5 same session?

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/16/2021 9:53 pm

Hi,

does anyone here have combined these two treatment to effectively tackle boxcars or rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 04/17/2021 11:47 am

I wanted to try this too! Curious to see the responses.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/17/2021 7:22 pm

I do it. Mnd plus tca 15-20% on the edges of the scar in the same session. Slowly but it works. As it has been said here the shades of the edgesaccentuate the scarthe most.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/18/2021 4:06 pm

On 4/16/2021 at 7:53 PM, getsmart121 said:

Hi,

does anyone here have combined these two treatment to effectively tackle boxcars or rolling scars?

thanks,

zubair

Well, I don't have a definitive answer yet (since I've only been experimenting for a short time) but I think there's some benefit in the long run. The regimen that I'm using is 1.0mm - 1.5mm and 15% (up to 20%) TCA applied EVERY 10 DAYS.

MemberMember

Posted : 04/18/2021 5:48 pm

What about TCA cross with derma stamp? I have noticed doctors do a CO2 laser after TCA Cross so would dermastamping at 2-2.5 mm after TCA CROSS help in resurfacing as well (even if not as efficiently CO2 laser..)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/19/2021 12:53 am

On 4/17/2021 at 5:22 PM, Sibel said:

I do it. Mnd plus tca 15-20% on the edges of the scar in the same session. Slowly but it works. As it has been said here the shades of the edgesaccentuate the scarthe most.

I've realized it's far more effective if you apply the TCA first, then needle immediately afterwards. Then Re-apply TCA and needle again. All in all, this should be repeated about 3 to 4 times over each scar. You can speed up the process byholding a dermapen in your left hand and a cotton swab dipped in TCA in the right hand. Rotate one after another as if you were soldering.

7 hours ago, boxthatboxcar said:

What about TCA cross with derma stamp?

You mean TCA inhigh concentration like 100%? No, I wouldn't recommend it.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/19/2021 4:13 am

3 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

I've realized it's far more effective if you apply the TCA first, then needle immediately afterwards. Then Re-apply TCA and needle again. All in all, this should be repeated about 3 to 4 times over each scar. You can speed up the process byholding a dermapen in your left hand and a cotton swab dipped in TCA in the right hand. Rotate one after another as if you were soldering.

You mean TCA inhigh concentration like 100%? No, I wouldn't recommend it.

Do you see better outcome doing simultaneously. And my questionis this is helping u to lift the pit up or smooth the edges?

MemberMember

Posted : 04/19/2021 8:23 am

I think the goal of the pen would be to resurface the scar and smooth the edges while the TCA elevates the skin within the scar and reduces the pit's depth. I was thinking more of 60% TCA followed by 2 mm dermapen. Not sure if that is advisable...?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 04/19/2021 6:14 pm

Well, as I've saidcountless times in the past, scar correction is all about minimizing the SHADOWS. It's the shadow that accentuates the scar. And what causes these shadows? It's the scar border.The pit/indentation/crater does not create shadows. Don't get so tied up about filling the hole.

The reason why you are able to see the hole in the first place isn't because there is a crater but because of the outline cast by the shadow. Get rid of the shadow and that crater will not be so visible. On that note, while it's relatively easy to flatten the edges, it's not so easy to plump up enough collagen to fill the actual crater.

As for the TCA + Dermapen combo, my objective is to push the 15% TCA solution down into the epidermis (the outermost skin layer) to induce collagenesis without creating a havoc to the deeper layers. If you use anything stronger than 20%, it will be too toxic IMO. If you go deeper than 1.0mm needle depth, it'll likely hit the dermis, which we don't want.

Also keep in mind that we're increasing the treatment cycle from once every 3 months using high concentration TCA to once every 10 days with very low TCA strength. Frankly, I don't know what the expected outcome will be. But there's hasn't been anything to be overly concerned about yet, so onward I go.

I would love to compare notes with those who are interested in undergoing the same procedure as just outlined. Send me a PM if interested.