Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carl

My Acne

Right well i've had acne for around 3 years and it just seems to be getting worse, i’ve always showered and washed my face, kept clean, drank lots of water, watch what I eat.

Also i’ve been visiting the doctor, I started with zinyret, it worked but I stopped using and then the acne came back, and I asked for oral medicine because I needed to shave etc, but well, I tried oxycycline ? and that didn’t work, and now i’ve been taking 100g of minocycline a day for around 5 months and nothing, also i’ve been using the Natural Elements, face wash, moisturiser, and night gel, but well still no improvement.

I’ve got a dermatologist appointment on the 4th of January, what do they do when I go? Will I need to take the products I use, and can I decide what I use or do they?

I’m getting fed up of acne now, and its come to the point where i'm not enjoying life and it’s getting me down much more worse than it has before.

My acne consists of blackheads, white heads, and cysts pretty much all over my face, other than my cheeks, but there’s still some there too.

Just looking for the some feedback, Thanks Carl. smile.gif

hi carl. ive never been 2 a derm but try Dan's regimen check out the front page. its worked for many many people even with severe acne. i urge u 2 try it before u see the derm, it worked for me! biggrin.gif

hi carl. ive never been 2 a derm but try Dan's regimen check out the front page. its worked for many many people even with severe acne. i urge u 2 try it before u see the derm, it worked for me! biggrin.gif

Yea im deffinelty going to give it ago, ive come across many times, and ive been browsing these forums for a few weeks but i can't miss this apointment, im lucky to get one so early. Thanks, Carl.

Well im going to add some more infomation.

Ive been looking into b5, im seroiusly considering taking it, my problem is breaking out, i get new white heads everyday! sometimes more than 5. Do i pop them i do i not?

I decided not to today where as i normally do, but i will continue not to, shall i take more minocycline, i only take 100mg and its doing nothing at all. Also the BP i might start that regiem, but i still need to see my dermo first.

Thanks, Carl.

Definitely try Dan's regimen first. If that doesn't work, you could try and take B5 and see if it helps, but ultimately you should discuss this with your derm. Megadosing on B5 is not something they can really give their approval to, even though it can be highly beneficial.

If you've been browsing these forums I assume you've read about Accutane: if your derm suggests this, make sure you consider the consequences fully before you decide to start taking it.

And good luck: the mere fact you've started looking for another treatment means you are one step closer to clear skin!

Right then, yeh accutance seems to be a last resort, i need to try dan's regieme first.

Could BP and B5 be used at the same time?

Thanks, Carl. biggrin.gif

I take B5 and use BP at the same time, works well for me I am 90% clear most days but am still getting the odd spot which is annoying, I think with another month or so I should see further improvement, oh yeah I am use the BP at night due to my skin getting too dry if I use it twice a day.

Ive ordered 2 tubes today of BP today, ill wait later on for the B5, waiting for this BP though at the moment. eusa_whistle.gif