Notifications
Clear all

Acne scarring

MemberMember
(@bruceliowgmail-com)

Posted : 03/17/2021 12:20 am

Hi can I know if my scars are serious or moderate and is there any effective treatments available?

EF8404B4-EA0C-4783-BB0F-41937BE9B3AE.jpeg

B511EE2F-195C-4456-A551-2434FF59D005.jpeg

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 03/21/2021 11:04 pm

it appears there is moderate scarring. I would go seek a dermatologist to help with the acne first before you consider any treatments for the scarring.

After i get a pimple, what I do is apply some vitamin c serum in the morning and hyaluronic acid serum in the evening and then vitamin e several minutes after. I also make sure to take vitamins that help with healing the skin (make sure you get proper zinc intake and ester c vitamins)Go with that routine for a year and reevaluate.

When you get to the point where you can can get some scarring treatments done i would head over to the scarring forum here and seek out information. There are many knowledgable posters there.

MemberMember
(@bruceliowgmail-com)

Posted : 03/22/2021 3:38 am

Hi does zinc and vitamin c really helps as i had never taken it before?

MemberMember
(@guygaga)

Posted : 03/22/2021 10:21 am

They are both good for repair and boosting collagen. All i can say is that when I get acne I supplement my nutrients i get eating food with zinc and ester vitamin c to help as the acne heals. You want every advantage you can get in order to heal your acne. Go on google and search zinc and vitamin c (ester). overall make sure you're getting the proper vitamin intake to help your body heal.

Above all else, see a dermatologist. If you can't see one in person you can consult with one online. You need a professional opinion, somebody that can prescribe you medication that can help.

MemberMember
(@caitlin-w)

Posted : 03/31/2021 11:05 am

half apple cider vinegar half warm water works after a couple days

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 04/20/2021 10:26 am

First and foremost, you want to get your acne under complete control so you're not scarring any more. My best advice is the regimen.

Once you're completely clear, you can find an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who specializes in scar repair. But you need to get your acne under control first.