Notifications
Clear all

Quick recovery from Fraxel repair and subcision?

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 03/01/2021 6:21 pm

Hi all,

I've recently done a cannula subcision and Fraxel repair on both of my cheeks and temples. The Fraxel repair setting is 60mj, 35% coverage and4 passes. The doctor performs spot treatment first, then switches to fractional mode.

Today is the 7th day after the treatment. All scabs are gone and my face is not even red, may be slightly pink only.

Therefore, I was wondering is this normal? or everyone recovers so quick from the Fractional CO2 laser treatment?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/01/2021 7:11 pm

46 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Hi all,

I've recently done a cannula subcision and Fraxel repair on both of my cheeks and temples. The Fraxel repair setting is 60mj, 35% coverage and4 passes. The doctor performs spot treatment first, then switches to fractional mode.

Today is the 7th day after the treatment. All scabs are gone and my face is not even red, may be slightly pink only.

Therefore, I was wondering is this normal? or everyone recovers so quick from the Fractional CO2 laser treatment?

There are more aggressive lasers out there. The more aggressive, the higher the risk, but the possibility of a better outcome. I've had TotalFX done and my face was bloody. I had Erbium done and it was like a sunburn. Guess which one got more results?

I've never done Fraxel and don't plan to. However, there's this one member named Dudley who said he got massive improvement from Fraxel. Look up his posts in this forum.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 03/01/2021 7:15 pm

1 minute ago, Amanda Hall said:

There are more aggressive lasers out there. The more aggressive, the higher the risk, but the possibility of a better outcome. I've had TotalFX done and my face was bloody. I had Erbium done and it was like a sunburn. Guess which one got more results?

I've never done Fraxel and don't plan to. However, there's this one member named Dudley who said he got massive improvement from Fraxel. Look up his posts in this forum.

Ya, I also see his posts and other similar posts in this forum as well. My face was actually bloody at day1, but most of them were washed off at day2 after multiple vinegar soaks lol.

My derm has warned me that I will be red for several weeks since I am Asian, but I don't see the redness at all... Hopefully the redness won't come back in the future...

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/01/2021 7:22 pm

4 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Ya, I also see his posts and other similar posts in this forum as well. My face was actually bloody at day1, but most of them were washed off at day2 after multiple vinegar soaks lol.

My derm has warned me that I will be red for several weeks since I am Asian, but I don't see the redness at all... Hopefully the redness won't come back in the future...

It was probably a weaker CO2 laser. There aren't many doctors who know how to use lasers to the fullest extent that your Fitz type can tolerate. I was bloody for about a week. The scabs got hard despite putting on a ton of Aquaphor. I did vinegar soaks and very gently splashed water on my face in the shower and the crusts (with blood)still remained. I had redness/PIE for months. You probably didn't get a deep treatment.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 03/01/2021 7:25 pm

1 minute ago, Amanda Hall said:

It was probably a weaker CO2 laser. There aren't many doctors who know how to use lasers to the fullest extent that your Fitz type can tolerate. I was bloody for about a week. The scabs got hard despite putting on a ton of Aquaphor. I did vinegar soaks and very gently splashed water on my face in the shower and the crusts (with blood)still remained. I had redness/PIE for months. You probably didn't get a deep treatment.

Probably yes, since the coverage area is only 35%. BTW, do you see the continues improvement for your scars when all the swelling subsides. Or no improvement at all

MemberMember
(@getstatuslinkgmail-com)

Posted : 03/01/2021 8:07 pm

I got strongest co2 with subcision and it took 3 whole weeks for scabbingto all finish. And my face was very red still and took months to fully subside

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 03/01/2021 8:37 pm

23 minutes ago, myhojpoj said:

I got strongest co2 with subcision and it took 3 whole weeks for scabbingto all finish. And my face was very red still and took months to fully subside

Did you apply lots of Aquahor during the healing? And it still scabs? I applied it every 1.5 hours during the first 3 days and every 3 hour for the next few days. Used up two tubes at day 7... I think thats why I barely see any scabs

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/01/2021 8:45 pm

1 hour ago, Jack817 said:

Probably yes, since the coverage area is only 35%. BTW, do you see the continues improvement for your scars when all the swelling subsides. Or no improvement at all

Doctors say collagen remodeling goes on for 6 months but I really don't know about that. After healing, my face looked much better. Then swell goes down and I can see the scars again but I still saw progress. But it's not like my face 6 months later was better than it was a month after treatment. If it was, I couldn't tell and the later improvement was too little.

5 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Did you apply lots of Aquahor during the healing? And it still scabs? I applied it every 1.5 hours during the first 3 days and every 3 hour for the next few days. Used up two tubes at day 7... I think thats why I barely see any scabs

Yes, I tried to keep everything as moist as possible but I still scabbed. For me, it was impossible to keep my face from crusting up. It was a combination of blood and yellow/white liquid scabbing. Vinegar soaks and shower dissolve the crusts but I didn't want to knock them off.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 03/01/2021 9:24 pm

39 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

Doctors say collagen remodeling goes on for 6 months but I really don't know about that. After healing, my face looked much better. Then swell goes down and I can see the scars again but I still saw progress. But it's not like my face 6 months later was better than it was a month after treatment. If it was, I couldn't tell and the later improvement was too little.

Yes, I tried to keep everything as moist as possible but I still scabbed. For me, it was impossible to keep my face from crusting up. It was a combination of blood and yellow/white liquid scabbing. Vinegar soaks and shower dissolve the crusts but I didn't want to knock them off.

Thanks for the detailed reply. BTW, were your scabs in large chunks or just pinpoint ones and how many TotalFX treatments you've received so far?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/02/2021 4:01 am

7 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Yes, I tried to keep everything as moist as possible but I still scabbed. For me, it was impossible to keep my face from crusting up. It was a combination of blood and yellow/white liquid scabbing. Vinegar soaks and shower dissolve the crusts somewhat, but not all of it, but I didn't want to knock them off.

6 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Thanks for the detailed reply. BTW, were your scabs in large chunks or just pinpoint ones and how many TotalFX treatments you've received so far?

Scabs were in large chunks when I did full face. Had 3 done. First one was done a decade ago and that nurse wasn't aggressive. However, I did get hyperpigmentation from that. Did one several years ago and it was intense. Saw noticeable improvement on some scars but also got PIH and new scarring.

Jack817 liked