Notifications
Clear all

experiences with rf genius microneedling

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/01/2021 8:54 am

Hello everybody,

I ask those who have had experience with RF Genius Microneedling, or Infini treatment:

Were there any side effects?

What% of improvement was achieved? How many sessions

Are the results permanent?

Does it also work on icepick scars and superficial boxscars?

Thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/01/2021 7:25 pm

On 3/1/2021 at 5:54 AM, suvvolo said:

Hello everybody,

I ask those who have had experience with RF Genius Microneedling, or Infini treatment:

Thank you very much.

Had it done a few times. It was the most painful treatment I'd ever done. I scabbed for 5-7 days. Don't believe doctors when they tell you that you'll be fine in 3-4 days, unless they did a light treatment on you. There's still PIH but not as bad as lasers. I had moderate boxcars and didn't see any difference. However, maybe I got 5-10% difference and didn't notice but it's hard for me to see anything unless it's like 25%. I don't think RF would work on icepick scars. Results (after the swelling goes down) are permanent.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@getstatuslinkgmail-com)

Posted : 03/01/2021 8:09 pm

Did 6 treatments and had no improvement and had 4 resulting hypertrophic scars

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 03/01/2021 9:26 pm

I didnt see lots of people in this forum claiming RF devices have improved their scars a lot. But I do see Dr Lim has suggested that this would be the future of acne scar treatment. Hard to believe this would be the case...

Suvvolo and liked
MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/02/2021 3:55 am

8 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Had it done a few times. It was the most painful treatment I'd ever done. I scabbed for 5-7 days. Don't believe doctors when they tell you that you'll be fine in 3-4 days, unless they did a light treatment on you. There's so PIH but not as bad as lasers. I had moderate boxcars and didn't see any difference. However, maybe I got 5-10% difference and didn't notice but it's hard for me to see anything unless it's like 25%. I don't think RF would work on icepick scars. Results (after the swelling goes down) is permanent.

I understand it. may I ask you which treatment did you receive the most benefit from? for small scars.

7 hours ago, myhojpoj said:

wow I'm sorry, yet I thought this treatment had the least side effects. how did you fix this damage if I may ask?

6 hours ago, Jack817 said:

I didnt see lots of people in this forum claiming RF devices have improved their scars a lot. But I do see Dr Lim has suggested that this would be the future of acne scar treatment. Hard to believe this would be the case...

I have heard of people who have had good results with RF genius after a few months. But as always in skin treatments, there are conflicting opinions on each procedure.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/02/2021 4:20 am

8 hours ago, myhojpoj said:

Why would you do so many treatments? After a few, if you haven't seen results, see another doctor and consider alternative treatments. This message is not just for you but for everyone out there.

6 hours ago, Jack817 said:

He might be going off of the literature provided to him by Lutronic. Or he's getting paid. You never know. I've done Infini and I don't buy what he says. Fractional CO2 has helped me but not RFM or regular microneedling for that matter.

24 minutes ago, suvvolo said:

I understand it. may I ask you which treatment did you receive the most benefit from? for small scars.

wow I'm sorry, yet I thought this treatment had the least side effects. how did you fix this damage if I may ask?

I have heard of people who have had good results with RF genius after a few months. But as always in skin treatments, there are conflicting opinions on each procedure.

Aggressive fractional CO2 helped my boxcar scars.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@xiuyanglin12gmail-com)

Posted : 03/02/2021 8:08 am

22 hours ago, suvvolo said:

Hello everybody,

Thank you very much.

I had one Genius treatment a month ago with Dr Weiner and yet to see any significant improvements. I think it probably improved some of my shallow rolling scars a little bit, but who knows they could've been improved by subcision too since I got a combo(sub+genius) treatment. Maybe it's too early to tell but It did absolutely nothing for my boxcars and icepicks.

The only side effects will be swelling and grid marks for a few days.

Also wanted to add that even with lidocaine in my cheeks and the anesthetic ointment, it was quite painful and uncomfortable. I was gripping my chair hard and my body was becoming tight. Something I didn't really expect.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@jennifer1)

Posted : 03/02/2021 10:58 am

No noticeable improvementfor me. The plump up effectseen few days post treatment was temporary. Myscars/depression returnedaround 2-3 weeks after the first sessionand around 1-2weeksafter the second. Not that I want to rain on anyones parade, but just hold up there until at least a few weeks post session to know whats the real result.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/02/2021 12:28 pm

I honestly didn't think I had such feedback. The idea of radiofrequency they give online marketing is a kind of fractional treatment with benefits similar to a fractional laser treatment, but without complications. Instead many remain dissatisfied or damaged. Im sorry and discouraged

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/02/2021 2:26 pm

1 hour ago, suvvolo said:

I honestly didn't think I had such feedback. The idea of radiofrequency they give online marketing is a kind of fractional treatment with benefits similar to a fractional laser treatment, but without complications. Instead many remain dissatisfied or damaged. Im sorry and discouraged

I don't know about all that...

I've done both. RF microneedling in my opinion has fewer risks than fractional laser treatment. But similar benefits? I think fractional CO2 (aggressive enough) has more benefits for boxcar scars.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/02/2021 2:48 pm

2 hours ago, suvvolo said:

I have heard and read the same. RFM is a good option when fractional laser is considered more risky.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/02/2021 3:02 pm

13 minutes ago, Marumi said:

I have heard and read the same. RFM is a good option when fractional laser is considered more risky.

I'm not doing any more RFM treatments. I'd rather do a few more aggressive laser procedures and not do a ton of RFM and keep playing the waiting game.

Suvvolo liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/02/2021 3:22 pm

16 minutes ago, Amanda Hall said:

I'm not doing any more RFM treatments. I'd rather do a few more aggressive laser procedures and not do a ton of RFM and keep playing the waiting game.

I hear you. When you've had a few RFM treatments and it hasn't worked, I'd do the same. What kind of laser are you considering? I am also thinking laser or peel some time soon.

MemberMember
(@fredm)

Posted : 03/02/2021 4:06 pm

11 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Aggressive fractional CO2 helped my boxcar scars.

What you call "agressive Fractional CO2", what settings?.

Regards.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 03/02/2021 4:29 pm

1 hour ago, Marumi said:

I hear you. When you've had a few RFM treatments and it hasn't worked, I'd do the same. What kind of laser are you considering? I am also thinking laser or peel some time soon.

I had Total FX done. Was offered Halo but I don't know enough about that. FX worked for some scars. Had Erbium but it was such a mild treatment so I didn't see results. Non-ablative is not worth considering for scars.

20 minutes ago, FredM said:

What you call "agressive Fractional CO2", what settings?.

Regards.

I don't know the settings. I left it to the doctor. I went to one who knew what she was doing.

Please do your research about laser treatment. There are risks which include new scarring (which I got from aggressive treatment), PIH and PIE, and textural changes (I didn't get this but I've heard that this happens in a few cases).

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/02/2021 4:52 pm

On 3/2/2021 at 10:29 PM, Amanda Hall said:

I had Total FX done. Was offered Halo but I don't know enough about that. FX worked for some scars. Had Erbium but it was such a mild treatment so I didn't see results. Non-ablative is not worth considering for

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/02/2021 4:54 pm

1 hour ago, Amanda Hall said:

1 hour ago, Marumi said:

I had 3 sessions of Infini over the period of 18 months. Although I did see some improvement, it wasn't anything to write home about. I would recommend Infini only when it's combined with dermal fillers, especially Sculptra. According to many studies, the energy from RF stimulates the Sculptra particles to further enhance collagen synthesis/deposition.

image.png.dc6eb0d96292a325e4a20d2c1d815f4d.png

The results from Sculptra-injected tissues without RF treatment (E) and RF treated immediately after injection (F). Areas of increased fibroplasia are shown with arrows.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/02/2021 5:14 pm

hello Sirius. I wanted to ask you so is it better to do a genius rf treatment after a subcision + filler? Because I had read that it is usually better to do the subcision + filler first, and then rf genius. thank you.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/02/2021 5:42 pm

21 minutes ago, suvvolo said:

hello Sirius. I wanted to ask you so is it better to do a genius rf treatment after a subcision + filler? Because I had read that it is usually better to do the subcision + filler first, and then rf genius. thank you.

How will the filler be used? As spacer (prevent re-tethering)or volumizer (normally as filler)?

It won't work if you use it as spacer because it will be injected superficially.

Here's what I recommend. Get subcision first.Wait 2 weeks until the swelling is gone. Then get Sculptra + RF Microneedling. Sculptra should be injected first (deep in the dermis, as it should be). Once injected, get RF.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 03/02/2021 6:10 pm

thank you so much for your answer. I wanted to ask you another question, even if it's a bit off topic. I have a result of a chemical burn, the skin in that spot for 2 years is still red. I wanted to ask you if RF genius, in these cases, is useful for reshaping the collagen in the dermis, and reducing redness. thank you so much

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/02/2021 6:12 pm

On 3/2/2021 at 10:54 PM, Sirius Lee said:

I had 3 sessions of Infini over the period of 18 months. Although I did see some improvement, it wasn't anything to write home about. I would recommend Infini only when it's combined with dermal fillers, especially Sculptra. According to many studies, the energy from RF stimulates the Sculptra particles to further enhance collagen synthesis/deposition.

image.png.dc6eb0d96292a325e4a20d2c1d815f4d.png

The results from Sculptra-injected tissues without RF treatment (E) and RF treated immediately after injection (F). Areas of increased fibroplasia are shown with arrows.

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 03/02/2021 7:38 pm

thank you so much for your answer. I wanted to ask you another question, even if it's a bit off topic. I have a result of a chemical burn, the skin in that spot for 2 years is still red. I wanted to ask you if RF genius, in these cases, is useful for reshaping the collagen in the dermis, and reducing redness. thank you so much

I know am not the person you asked, but VBeam laser or IPL are better suited to reducing redness.

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

How will the filler be used? As spacer (prevent re-tethering)or volumizer (normally as filler)?

It won't work if you use it as spacer because it will be injected superficially.

Here's what I recommend. Get subcision first.Wait 2 weeks until the swelling is gone. Then get Sculptra + RF Microneedling. Sculptra should be injected first (deep in the dermis, as it should be). Once injected, get RF.

Sirius, are you saying Sculptra must be injected on the same day as RFM, or can it be like a couple weeks before?

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/02/2021 7:40 pm

RF won't help with hyperpigmentation, but itwill have some effect on collagen remodeling. But, as stated above, RF alone is not that helpful.

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/02/2021 7:58 pm

19 minutes ago, Cool.username said:

Sirius, are you saying Sculptra must be injected on the same day as RFM, or can it be like a couple weeks before?

On the same day.

Sculptra injection first. Then RF.

MemberMember
(@pteromys-iagmail-com)

Posted : 03/02/2021 8:39 pm

40 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

On the same day.

Sculptra injection first. Then RF.

That seems weird. The sculptra will be there for awhile before it is absorbed, so why does it need to be the same day?