Notifications
Clear all

Is Sculptra good for shallow scarring

MemberMember
(@isabela-zchotmail-com)

Posted : 02/28/2021 1:14 pm

I've been recommended it as an option for my acne scars butI thought this person was trying to deceive me because is so expensive

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/28/2021 3:50 pm

Sculptra should be reserved for those with widespread rolling scars. It shouldn't be used for boxcars or icepicks (eg. those with prominent scar edges). Also it's more effective when Sculptra is combined with an energy device than Sculptra alone.

MemberMember
(@isabela-zchotmail-com)

Posted : 02/28/2021 4:32 pm

35 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Sculptra should be reserved for those with widespread rolling scars. It shouldn't be used for boxcars or icepicks (eg. those with prominent scar edges). Also it's more effective when Sculptra is combined with an energy device than Sculptra alone.

thanks for your reply.my scars are mostly box cars and some ice picks/scarred pores but all of them are mild imo.when i go to clinics they just seem to give me very intense treatments when it doesn't seem necessary. iwas thinking about a medium deep peel, but idon't know if there are other options besidesphenol peel

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/28/2021 8:09 pm

3 hours ago, cosmonaut said:

thanks for your reply.my scars are mostly box cars and some ice picks/scarred pores but all of them are mild imo.when i go to clinics they just seem to give me very intense treatments when it doesn't seem necessary. iwas thinking about a medium deep peel, but idon't know if there are other options besidesphenol peel

It's hard to say without first seeing your scars. But if they're "mild", phenol peel is not a good fit. Phenols are for more severe scars.

MemberMember
(@isabela-zchotmail-com)

Posted : 03/01/2021 11:40 am

15 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

It's hard to say without first seeing your scars. But if they're "mild", phenol peel is not a good fit. Phenols are for more severe scars.

can i send you a picture? i feel a little uncomfortable sharing public photos. apparently co2 can be efficient, but i keep wondering about the amount of sessions and whether it's worth it in the long run
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJXC072DxUV/ (i read the dr lim is kinda sus but is good result)

i thought about a sedated peel because i read that the risks are inferior compared to lasers and because i think i have a similar level of scarring but im not really educated

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 03/01/2021 1:09 pm

1 hour ago, cosmonaut said:
can i send you a picture? i feel a little uncomfortable sharing public photos. apparently co2 can be efficient, but i keep wondering about the amount of sessions and whether it's worth it in the long run

Yes, send me the pics my way.

BTW that picture was taken only 18 day post-op. Way too short. You should ideally wait at least 3 months (6 months is the most ideal). Since she never updated us after that, I guess we can only speculate.