Notifications
Clear all

Persistent scaring, treatmant recommendation needed

MemberMember
(@sinbadthesailor2protonmail-com)

Posted : 02/24/2021 4:55 pm

Hello, thank you so much for this fantastic forum, I feel I learnt more here than from all doctors I met so far. Like everyone else here, I am struggling with scaring. I tried CO2 which I think created new scars and made my skin worse (one fancy clinic), and I tried various peels which didn't change anything really.I wanted your advice on treatment for those indentations on my cheeks. My left cheek looks better as in it has a line that resembles a cut, while my right cheek is veryuneven with numerous little holes.Attaching pics, I recon it looks a bitbetter than in person. What do you think would work (if anything)? Thank you so much

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 02/24/2021 7:46 pm

your skin looks irritated

you are basically clean from acne, but i can see that your skin is still secreting alot of sebum and have clogged pores

u have texture/uneveness issues

your right cheek have enlarged/scarred pores,medium depth ice pick scars and boxscars

your left cheek have this big atrophic scar and few enlarged pores

Several TCA cross/painting sessions on the ice pick/boxscars, til they elevate.
U should expect post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from those treatments.

several subcision sessions and fillers on the big scar on the left cheek

Are u ready for this quest?

U should look for a good doctor, i mean, a really good doctor. Any other "normal" doctor, will push you into lasers. Now isnot the time to go for lasers.

When everything succed, u can look for a resurfacing with Phenol or CO2.Til there, u need a doctor that knows what hes doing.
I gave you my advice, hope it helps.

Good luck.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/25/2021 4:19 am

Thank you so much, appreciate the response. Yes, ready to follow your advice, spent months reading this forum and really appreciate how much you know about this. Would you do rf microneedling in combination with subscision and TCA? Or that is not very helpful for my case? Again thx loads for your input, I will follow through.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 02/25/2021 2:08 pm

9 hours ago, SinbadTheSailor said:

Thank you so much, appreciate the response. Yes, ready to follow your advice, spent months reading this forum and really appreciate how much you know about this. Would you do rf microneedling in combination with subscision and TCA? Or that is not very helpful for my case? Again thx loads for your input, I will follow through.

rf microneedling can improve your skin texture/rolling scars/uneveness. I wont advise against Rf microneedling in addition to TCA if you find a good doctor that can perform it. It can bea good ally in your case.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/25/2021 3:14 pm

Thank you, super kind of you to respond.