Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dan52

Permanent Whiteheads

Hi all,

I have three whiteheads on my face that are seemingly permanent. I have one on my cheek near my nose that has been there for at least two years, and there are two more smaller ones on the top of the forehead that have been there for about a year. At this point, they are really starting to bother me. On several occasions I've tried extracting them myself using a sterilized needle, but they *always* come back, even if the skin scabs and falls off.

Does anyone else have this kind of problem? I'd like to get some suggestions on what I can possible do to finally get rid of them. I was considering trying a home microdermasion thing, but I have absolutely no idea whether it will help for this.

I'll try and post some photos of them to give you an idea of what I'm talking about, but unfortunately I don't have my camera on me, so I'll have to try in a couple of days.

Thanks,

Dan

Try extracting all the white stuff out of the spot with a needle, i mean like squeeze it gently so you get it ALL out not just the stuff on the surface. Then if you like you can rub in a tiny bit of bp, let it dry. Then get some aspirin and put it in water, but make sure it isnt the kind that dissolves. Then just scoop it out and put onto the red area. Leave it to dry for about 15-20 mins then gently peel it off with water and a paper towel. Should help with closing up open wound and thus making sure bacteria doesnt get in after. You could also apply some milk of magnesia afterwards to the area for 10-15 mins. Its quite odd about them being there for 2 years, never heard of it. IF they keep coming bakc i would go to the doctors.

Don't stick yourself with needles though. Go to a derm or a facial expert they'll remove it with a comedone extractor.

I recently had a whitehead that remained for a few months. I attempted to extract it myself but it was too stubborn. I didn't want to scar myself so I saw a Dermatologist and he quickly and easily extracted it & it didn't scar.