Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi all, I am looking for others who did, are, or will be pursuing treatment for their acne scars in the Boston area / MA. I have been to several providers so far with minimal (if any) results and am happy to provide details on where I went, what procedures I got done, etc. if that's helpful to anyone else in the area. 

Has anyone had CO2 laser for their scars in the Boston area? I am looking to do CO2 laser soon and would like to know if anyone has recommendations. 

Currently I'm doing RF microneedling and plan to do TCA cross next. But CO2 laser will come after that. 

Boston / MA / New Englanders please interact! I'd love to be able to find a local community of those seeking treatment for their acne scars so we can help each other out with info, recommendations, providers to avoid, etc. 

6 hours ago, Tonitrus09 said:

Currently I'm doing RF microneedling and plan to do TCA cross next. But CO2 laser will come after that. 

May I ask what the rationale is for selecting these treatments in this particular order? Moreover, are you aware of what each treatment is good for?

On 2/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, Sirius Lee said:

May I ask what the rationale is for selecting these treatments in this particular order? Moreover, are you aware of what each treatment is good for?

I started seeing a cosmetic derm in Boston for scarring who recommended we start with subcision and regular microneedling. I did 4 rounds of that. She then said that I have "graduated" from subcision (she didn't feel anymore tethered scars) and we can move on to TCA cross and laser if I want to. I asked about doing additional microneedling, this time with RF, and she said that would be fine. I wanted to do the RF microneedling because I am not yet seeing any improvement in my rolling scars. So I am currently doing RF microneedling and will then try the TCA cross. For laser, she recommended Fraxel but I have gotten Fraxel 1550 MANY TIMES and do not find it's helpful. That's why I also mentioned trying CO2 laser. 

My understanding is that microneedling can help with skin texture, rolling scars & boxcar scars. Whereas TCA will be best for ice pick scars. The CO2 laser will address any stubborn rolling / boxcar scars that were not raised by microneedling - I hope! 

Thoughts? I welcome your feedback.