Notifications
Clear all

What worked - chronic cystic back acne - Male

MemberMember
(@h-e-pennypacker-2)

Posted : 02/23/2021 12:04 am

After OVER a year of success I wanted to share what worked for me.

I'll leave a link below to a post of mine from 2013 detailing my history with acne and some of the treatments I had over the years.

This clear skin success has been a long time coming (I'm 36). I wanted to share because...

• I had chronic cystic acne all over my body for over 23 years
    • Mainly back and shoulders
  • Acne really took it's toll mentally which negatively effected many aspects of life
  • It's frustrating to hear people say 'this works' when they ONLY have a day, week, or month of success.
    • Could you wait a few months proving you've healed before polluting the world with 'the miracle cure'. Dafuq bro

To summarize my acne...

• Had since 13
  • Teens -
    • hella oily face
    • Cysts would develop all over face, ears, neck, chest, shoulders, back
  • Adult -
    • oily face
    • Cystic back and back of shoulder acne

So fastrack to 36 and I was able to get some relief.

At 35 I was diagnosed with IBS, SIBO, and some other stomach/small intestine issues. I had stomach issues for years without really realizing it. I was always bloated/tired after eating and for some dumb reason I thought that to be normal. While attempting to treat those stomach issues was when I became aware that low-energy feeling was not normal. It was also when I became acne free.

I did the *Monash University FODMAP Diet. That got rid of the SIBO and eventually the acne cleared too. I did this diet with the help of a Naturopathic Physician. She went 'beyond' what the Monash University FODMAP App recommends. Meaning she laid out a more detailed version of what foods to choose from. Although I think the App does a pretty good job. It took about 4-5 months before I realized that I was all g.

I attribute the Diet to being the primary reason for success. It was what I feel was the main reason for healing my skin but I want to also mention something else. I had foot/ankle surgeries in my teens. This resulted in me leaning to one side and just walking/moving in an abnormal way. Over the years this irregular movement pattern shifted EVERYTHING in my body (joints, ligaments, organs, etc.) in an unnatural way. Around the time I started the Monash Diet I also began routinely doing...

• Joint mobility exercises
  • Yoga
  • Deep breathing while exercising
  • Egoscue

... The results made me walk, breathe, and move in a more natural way. I feel this also had a positive effect on my digestion. Which likely had a positive effect on my skin. It's hard to explain but when doing these routines there were times when I felt pressure in my body just immediately subside. There were points where I could REALLY BREATHE DEEPLY for the first time in my life. I wish I could confidently say it was ONLY one of these OR the other but I feel both played major roles.

I hope something here helps. Keep searching. I spent years defeated having just given up and that got me nowhere. I had to travel and meet people with alternative ideas of wellness (Eastern Medicine > Western Medicine) to get relief.

https://www.acne.org/forums/topic/334245-28-yr-male-cystic-back-acne-trials-advice/

MemberMember
(@h-e-pennypacker-2)

Posted : 02/24/2021 2:43 pm

Forgot to mention Vitamin A... I take 10K IU every day or every other day when I eat something w/ fat.

If I stray from the diet and eat things I shouldn't, cysts can begin to come back. Vit A has helped get clear again.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 02/24/2021 8:45 pm

Some quick searching makes me believe that this diet helps control insulin secretion (insulin swings high/low)and insulin resistance through carbohydrate management. Many of the higher carbohydrate foods are avoided,limited, or portioned.Vitamin A probably helps with oil production/regulation. Good for you.