Notifications
Clear all

experience of shouldering scars with ablative laser

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 02/21/2021 11:42 am

has anyone tried this procedure, for the edges of ice picks or box scars? have there been any positive results? side effects? thank you

MemberMember
(@getstatuslinkgmail-com)

Posted : 02/23/2021 1:46 am

I did a few months ago. I havent seen anything yet but i think body takes much longer than face so i am patiently awaiting

Suvvolo liked
MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/06/2021 1:14 am

Mostly it is done for boxcars. Yes, I have done it andhave seen very good improvement from it. Its very hard for me to find the scar, it smothesthe edges and that blends the scar in cheeks which doesnt create shadows. In normal light its very hard to find the scar.

Remember it wont do much about the depth but the edges will blend in and hence look more smooth

Suvvolo liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/06/2021 2:37 am

1 hour ago, getsmart121 said:

Mostly it is done for boxcars. Yes, I have done it andhave seen very good improvement from it. Its very hard for me to find the scar, it smothesthe edges and that blends the scar in cheeks which doesnt create shadows. In normal light its very hard to find the scar.

Remember it wont do much about the depth but the edges will blend in and hence look more smooth

What kind of laser did you have and how many sessions to see the result, if I may ask? I'm also very interested in improving boxcars this way.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/06/2021 7:32 pm

I thinkI had the fotona laser in fully ablative setting for the boxcar edges. This will not work on very deep boxcars because the depth is just too much still it would give you a boost so basically it will be a pit without the hard edges. I just had one session for it, some boxcars blended well and some did not,maybe my doctor missed. Maybe I need to do another session to take care of it

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/07/2021 3:19 am

@getsmart121Speedy recovery and may youhave good results. Where did you have the laser done if you don't mind sharing the name of the doctor?

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 04/07/2021 9:22 am

Erbium laser on the edges of the boxcars with Dr.Emil.Smoothed the edges which made scars look more spread and less obvious. Tca 15% with mnd has the same effect but the healing is longer. But you can do it yourself.

MemberMember
(@getsmart121)

Posted : 04/07/2021 10:32 am

7 hours ago, Marumi said:

@getsmart121Speedy recovery and may youhave good results. Where did you have the laser done if you don't mind sharing the name of the doctor?

I did at with Mark B Taylor. He has some videos on youtube where he demonstrates that. Sometimes he excises the scar if it is not going to make a big impact on the scar surface with just edge resurfacing, doing in the same session as laser heals the skin with no excision line. But its a hit and miss with excision but there is higher chance of no excision line doing with laser. The smaller the excision, the excellent the results are.