Notifications
Clear all

Just done TCA cross

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 02/15/2021 6:39 am

Hi everyone. I recently had tca cross for my mild/moderate ice pick and small boxcar scars. Just wanted to when to start using moisturisers as iheard I helps healing? Thanks!

MemberMember
(@gettinggoodskinoutlook-com)

Posted : 02/15/2021 7:25 am

Hi! Just did TCA as well a few days ago. I applied Vaselineafter the first day and still doing it multiple times a day to keep moisturized until the scabs come off.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/15/2021 10:16 pm

15 hours ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

Hi everyone. I recently had tca cross for my mild/moderate ice pick and small boxcar scars. Just wanted to when to start using moisturisers as iheard I helps healing? Thanks!

Wet wound has been documented to heal better than dry wound. So apply as often as you can when indoor.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/17/2021 5:31 pm

How is your healing going and what % did the use?

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 02/17/2021 9:24 pm

3 hours ago, Gettinggoodskin said:

How is your healing going and what % did the use?

healingsgoing great, how about yours? Doctor used 100%

On 2/16/2021 at 3:16 AM, Sirius Lee said:

Wet wound has been documented to heal better than dry wound. So apply as often as you can when indoor.

Thanks! Some of my scabs have come off already and the scars look much improved.. just wanted to know if its permanent? Would the scars go back to before tca cross or continue to improve? Thanks again

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/17/2021 10:07 pm

36 minutes ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

Thanks! Some of my scabs have come off already and the scars look much improved.. just wanted to know if its permanent? Would the scars go back to before tca cross or continue to improve? Thanks again

Unlike others, TCA Cross will usually look worse before getting better. From my experience, this can take about 4 weeks. Then it will continue to improve up to 3rd month. It's also worth remembering that 1 treatment is not going to give you a big improvement. So stay grounded.

As for what you can expect, you'll see some improvement in the elevation of the pit, but what you really want is the leveling of the scar edge. You should note that it's not the pit but the SHADOW from the scar edge that magnifies the scar. Get rid of the scar edge and the scar will be less visible.

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 02/17/2021 10:54 pm

43 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Unlike others, TCA Cross will usually look worse before getting better. From my experience, this can take about 4 weeks. Then it will continue to improve up to 3rd month. It's also worth remembering that 1 treatment is not going to give you a big improvement. So stay grounded.

As for what you can expect, you'll see some improvement in the elevation of the pit, but what you really want is the leveling of the scar edge. You should note that it's not the pit but the SHADOW from the scar edge that magnifies the scar. Get rid of the scar edge and the scar will be less visible.

Ahh I see, so the fact that some of my scarsalready look a lot better means theyll continue to improve from now on? I plan on using a cream for my hyperpigmentation in a week, would that be fine or should I wait longer?

MemberMember

Posted : 02/18/2021 8:37 am

11 hours ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

healingsgoing great, how about yours? Doctor used 100%

Wow, thats great. Myscars def. look worse than before. All the scabs have come off. Do you have a lot of redness? My left side isn't red at all but my right side is.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/18/2021 1:39 pm

14 hours ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

Ahh I see, so the fact that some of my scarsalready look a lot better means theyll continue to improve from now on? I plan on using a cream for my hyperpigmentation in a week, would that be fine or should I wait longer?

What cream do you have in mind? You might also want to consider applying 10% TCA twice a week to minimize. This will help you shed the skin faster.