Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peock

Showers

I have a question that I hope you guys have a unanimous opinion on:

Which is better? A morning shower, or a night shower before bed??? Does it matter?

My body acne is pretty bad and I was wondering if maybe the fact that I always take showers at night before I go to bed (and never take them in the morning) makes it worse?

eusa_think.gif

People say showering causes acne. I myself take two showers a day (One in morning and one at night.) Yet, my acne is still getting better. Maybe its because my skin is used to it because I've been doing it for 12 or more years.

--Sarah

Showering itself will not cause acne, but the way one showers and the products used may aggrevate acne.

i.e: Certain shampoo's and excessive scrubbing.

I can't remember the names but certain chemicals in shampoo's are not good for acne prone skin. Try using a mild shampoo, even better something like a Tee Tree Oil shampoo. Another tip is not to let the lather run down your back/chest etc.

I'm about to order this... http://www.acne-advice.com/products/skin_c...poo/index.shtml

Will let you know how it goes

Showering itself will not cause acne, but the way one showers and the products used may aggrevate acne.

i.e: Certain shampoo's and excessive scrubbing.

I can't remember the names but certain chemicals in shampoo's are not good for acne prone skin.  Try using a mild shampoo, even better something like a Tee Tree Oil shampoo. Another tip is not to let the lather run down your back/chest etc.

I'm about to order this... http://www.acne-advice.com/products/skin_c...poo/index.shtml

Will let you know how it goes

i cut down from 2 showers a day to 1 every 2 days and received remarkable improvements in body acne and the rate it spreads, especially on my back. The prospect of letting any dirt and sweat sit for 48 hours still makes me uncomfortable and nervous of breakouts but they just dont come.

It still took accutane to get rid of all my body acne though....

I mostly take showers at night and/or after working out, thats a definate time to take a shower if there is one. I dont like showering in the morning because it reminds me of going to high school, its weird I know. I dont think IMO it makes a difference when you shower, just if you and what you do.