Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone actually seen their results last more than six months?

I just threw 3500 down the drain with one of those famous drs. 6 months out, it's like nothing has changed. Has anyone actually had success 6 months after a treatment, when the swelling has died down? And yes, I realize that it takes several treatments over time to really see results, but with the way certain drs and subcision are put on such a high pedestal, you would think people who spend 3500 would have a more than 0% improvement in the depth of scars.

1 hour ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

I just threw 3500 down the drain with one of those famous drs. 6 months out, it's like nothing has changed. Has anyone actually had success 6 months after a treatment, when the swelling has died down? And yes, I realize that it takes several treatments over time to really see results, but with the way certain drs and subcision are put on such a high pedestal, you would think people who spend 3500 would have a more than 0% improvement in the depth of scars.

What did you exactly get for $3500? Certainly, you got more than subcision for that price.

Anyway, unless you have a very shallow scar, no treatment can give you a big improvement in just 6 months. Anyone who claims this is possible is either an imbecile or outright lying.

If you would like treatment suggestion, post a pic for evaluation.

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

What did you exactly get for $3500? Certainly, you got more than subcision for that price.

Anyway, unless you have a very shallow scar, no treatment can give you a big improvement in just 6 months. Anyone who claims this is possible is either an imbecile or outright lying.

If you would like treatment suggestion, post a pic for evaluation.

You're pretty rude. This forum has already turned me off.

I would expect more than a 0% improvement after multiple treatments with a famous dr.

My question is: for people who have had improvements and gone to these famous drs, do they come back 6 months later and still have the same degree of improvement they put in their after pics?

If everybody on this forum is as rude as you, I'll just stay on youtube. I don't want these treatments to be the center of my life anyway. 

1 hour ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

You're pretty rude. This forum has already turned me off.

I asked you an innocuous question and you accuse me of being rude? Just what made you think I was rude?

17 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

I asked you an innocuous question and you accuse me of being rude? Just what made you think I was rude?

You assumed a lot of things about me.

1. I never said I had just one treatment

2. I never said I would have an amazing improvement in 6 mos or that I expected it, I certainly expected more than 0% though.

3. I never asked for you to give me advice, and I certainly don't want to share my photo with you.

8 minutes ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

You assumed a lot of things about me.

And I see you like to read between the lines.

9 minutes ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

1. I never said I had just one treatment

Nor did you mention anything other than "subcision". If you did, I would have have noticed. For the record, this is what you wrote above. See for yourself.

4 hours ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

but with the way certain drs and subcision are put on such a high pedestal, you would think people who spend 3500 would have a more than 0% improvement

So did I made anything up out of thin air or "assumed" anything?

11 minutes ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

2. I never said I would have an amazing improvement in 6 mos or that I expected it, I certainly expected more than 0% though.

Let's get real for once. For most people who spend that much, they don't want just "more than 0%". No, they expect to get their money's worth. At the very least, you should be honest with yourself.

15 minutes ago, hardcoreforhozier said:

3. I never asked for you to give me advice, and I certainly don't want to share my photo with you.

Here's what I wrote, verbatim: "If you would like treatment suggestion, post a pic for evaluation."

I didn't say I AM GOING TO GIVE YOU ADVICE. I said "if you would like". There's a big difference.

Be that as it may, people usually come here for one major reason. That's to seek advice before committing to any treatment. 

I can understand that you're not happy with your treatment but there's no reason for to vent your frustration out on some bystander who only wanted to help.

Anyway, our communication ends here. You won't see any more replies from me.

1 hour ago, Cool.username said:

So can anyone try to answer the original question please?

There can be many reasons why a treatment might not have worked.

The biggest reason is usually the misdiagnosis and thus a wrong treatment. Take subcision as an example. This procedure is mainly meant to cut scar fibers attached to the soft tissues. But, for the most part, fibrosis is limited only to severe scar types. So why is subcision done on shallow to medium scars? I see many people coming on here and complain about not seeing any improvement from subcision. Well, maybe this is why.

Second, your healing cofactors. Your health and, more importantly, your immune response play an important factor in how you heal. If your health is compromised or your immunity is impaired, you might not see the full potential of a given treatment.

Lastly, as human beings, we tend to either overestimate or underestimate things. This is particularly true when it comes to treatments. We tend to overshoot going into the treatment, but if it doesn't work out the way we expected, we totally underestimate the result. For instance, we say there's 0% improvement when in fact it's more like 5% (yes, it's still close to zero but it's an improvement nonetheless).

9 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

There can be many reasons why a treatment might not have worked.

The biggest reason is usually the misdiagnosis and thus a wrong treatment. Take subcision as an example. This procedure is mainly meant to cut scar fibers attached to the soft tissues. But, for the most part, fibrosis is limited only to severe scar types. So why is subcision done on shallow to medium scars? I see many people coming on here and complain about not seeing any improvement from subcision. Well, maybe this is why.

Second, your healing cofactors. Your health and, more importantly, your immune response play an important factor in how you heal. If your health is compromised or your immunity is impaired, you might not see the full potential of a given treatment.

Lastly, as human beings, we tend to either overestimate or underestimate things. This is particularly true when it comes to treatments. We tend to overshoot going into the treatment, but if it doesn't work out the way we expected, we totally underestimate the result. For instance, we say there's 0% improvement when in fact it's more like 5% (yes, it's still close to zero but it's an improvement nonetheless).

Okay, that's all fine, but the question, at least the way I interpreted it, was "has anyone seen results that, however long they took to achieve, lasted more than 6 months?

Put another way: Has any user here experienced results that are still present more than 6 months after they initially appeared?

I don't know that I have seen that (results lasting 6+ months) from any post on this forum or from any doctor. So I am curious whether there is anyone experiencing permanent results. 

I'm not wondering why any one particular person might not see results; of course everyone is different and some people won't see results ever, but it seems most people who actually see good results either don't follow up beyond a month or two, or if they do, then the great result has disappeared.

39 minutes ago, Cool.username said:

I'm not wondering why any one particular person might not see results; of course everyone is different and some people won't see results ever, but it seems most people who actually see good results either don't follow up beyond a month or two, or if they do, then the great result has disappeared.

Well, I can't speak for others but, personally, I am on my third year treating my own scars with TCA and it's sticking alright. I didn't see a huge improvement in the first six months but, over time, the changes are there. It's hard not to notice. Most shallow scars are gone. Deeper scars, especially the ones with noticeable scar borders, have become much smoother.

1 or 2 treatments would not have yielded such a good result. I say stay the course for at least 18 months (3 months apart per treatment). But a lot of people don't share my view. They jump from one treatment to another, and drop treatments just as fast when they don't see any improvement in the first month or two.

How can any person differentiate between 0 and 5% improvement, and why are you still on my thread?

I swear, this community is such a waste of time. I was going to do an in-depth review of my experience and my next treatments, but it's not worth it. 

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

For instance, we say there's 0% improvement when in fact it's more like 5% (yes, it's still close to zero but it's an improvement nonetheless).

Nice little pot shot at me. You don't know my results, buddy. This forum is such a waste of time. I was gonna do a whole write up about my experience and my following treatments, but nobody here is really worth my time. I'll just delete my account. People bonding over scars are probably losers anyway.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:12 PM, Guest said:

How can any person differentiate between 0 and 5% improvement, and why are you still on my thread?

I swear, this community is such a waste of time. I was going to do an in-depth review of my experience and my next treatments, but it's not worth it. 

Nice little pot shot at me. You don't know my results, buddy. This forum is such a waste of time. I was gonna do a whole write up about my experience and my following treatments, but nobody here is really worth my time. I'll just delete my account. People bonding over scars are probably losers anyway.

Please do a write up.  Most of us here are genuinely interested and would love to hear.

Thank you

Guest, you are actually the rude one. Serius Lee didn't even say anything offensive but you just blew up. I don't like taking sides but I've seen a number of Serius' responses and he/she just wants to provide help and information. Re-read his/her response when you're all cooled off.

This forum is to help people which I will gladly do, despite your unpleasant responses. The reason we help people is so that they don't overspend or spend money on treatments that don't yield results.

You said you spent $3,500 but you didn't specify which treatments you got. Was just multiple procedures of subcision? Subcision works best for rolling scars. If you have boxcar or ice pick scars like I do, you got swindled by the doctor. I have boxcar scars and subcision did nothing for them.

Are there treatments that are permanent after 6 months? Yes. I got fractional CO2 laser treatments and saw permanent results to several depressed boxcars. I also got the swelling effect. Some of my scars looked 50-60% better immediately after scabbing came off, but months later, it went back down to 0-10%. Overall, I was satisfied with the treatment because it made a different in some scars. As for CROSS, I've done it a handful of times and will do a few more but I haven't seen the improvement that other people have. CROSS is a long process though. 

There are lots of doctors who sell you treatments but are not experts. This is why this forum is useful. You may see people like me warn members about certain treatments or doctors. Even though I said lasers partially worked for me, many (I would say a majority) doctors aren't proficient with them. The same goes with CROSS and subcision.

Because of the scarce information you provided, it's hard to address what you need. Please understand that people here just want to know more before contributing. The way you took and handled it was very poor.