Notifications
Clear all

Fraxel repair pulse stacking?

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 02/05/2021 3:47 am

Hi all,

Previously when I was watching the video from Dr Lim in regards to Fraxel Repair and he says there're two things that he doesn't like about Fraxel Repair

1: The consumable tip

2: The pulse stacking.

Tbh, my understanding for pulse stacking is that the energy device has to moveover the same treatment areas multiple times. I've asked my derm for the Fraxel Repair pulse stacking issue and what he has told me is totally in contradict with Lim's statements. My derm has said since Repair uses the scanner mode therefore it won't have the pulse stacking issue like other stamping energy devices.

I'm kinda confused...

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/05/2021 4:44 pm

12 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Tbh, my understanding for pulse stacking is that the energy device has to moveover the same treatment areas multiple times.

Not quite sure I understood your reference to Lim about pulse stacking, but I think you're getting the "pulse" and the "pass" mixed up. With pulse stacking, it means you're literally firing multiple pulses at the same time. Multiple passes mean you're going over the same area again and again.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 02/06/2021 2:46 am

10 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Not quite sure I understood your reference to Lim about pulse stacking, but I think you're getting the "pulse" and the "pass" mixed up. With pulse stacking, it means you're literally firing multiple pulses at the same time. Multiple passes mean you're going over the same area again and again.

See this video from 1:10 - 1:30. He was talking about the pulse stacking for Fraxel repair. He mentioned about overlaying the grid, which I don't quite understand.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/06/2021 4:53 pm

14 hours ago, Jack817 said:

See this video from 1:10 - 1:30. He was talking about the pulse stacking for Fraxel repair. He mentioned about overlaying the grid, which I don't quite understand.

He probably meant overlapping pulses, which is what pulse stacking is.