Notifications
Clear all

How should I treat these scars?

MemberMember
(@kassube-dongmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2021 6:54 pm

Hey there,

first of all thank you for all the life changing advice you give here!

I have 3 cases of scarring which I would like to have treated but I find it really hard to find similar cases so I hope you can help me out on what is the best option for treatment.

1. I had a hypertrophic/keloid scar under the jawline from acne from about 10 years ago. Based on the advice from dermatologist it was surgically cut out 4 months ago, but it did not heal as planned and know there is a scar again. The new scar was treated then with cortisone and cryo therapy several times, but with little to no results.

2. I had severe acne on my back and have hypertrophic/keloid scars from that near my shoulders. They are about 10 years old. No treatment was done here yet.

3. I got the acne on my back almost under control now in the last weeks thanks to the regimen, but there is some scarring around my spine area. They do not seem to be hypertrophic/keloid for the most part.

I highly appreciate any advice you can give me. Also I would be very grateful if you could name some doctors in the EU or other countries open for travel (I am from Germany).

Thank you & kind regards

IMG_20210203_224635.jpg

IMG_20210203_224604.jpg

IMG_20210203_225119.jpg

IMG_20210203_225439.jpg

IMG_20210203_225802.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/03/2021 11:40 pm

4 hours ago, milchkaese said:

I have 3 cases of scarring which I would like to have treated but I find it really hard to find similar cases so I hope you can help me out on what is the best option for treatment.

Your choices are quite limited here. Currently, a combination of5-Florouracil andtriamcinolone is the most widely used treatment protocol for hypertrophy/keloid. Pulse dye laser, when used in conjunction with triamcinolone, is also known to be highly effective.

Of course, a skilled doctor should know all this. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Germany.

MemberMember
(@kassube-dongmail-com)

Posted : 02/04/2021 6:45 pm

@Sirius LeeThank you very much.

Do you know any doctor in other countries open for travel?

I haven't found a single doctor who seems to be specialized on this in Germany.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/05/2021 4:13 pm

21 hours ago, milchkaese said:

I haven't found a single doctor who seems to be specialized on this in Germany.

Before you travel abroad, I suggest you search theDeutsche Dermatologische Gesellschaft: https://derma.de/

You can also run a provider search by country on theInternational League of Dermatological Societies: https://ilds.org/our-members/directory/

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 02/06/2021 2:15 am

Try silicone scar sheets. They are relatively inexpensive.